No announcement yet.

Coach Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are bad ones. The AD will still have to discern which is which.

Comment

I think we can almost certainly say Marshall will be here the rest of his coaching career. He makes it pretty clear in the article that after going through last year he has no desire to coach at a school that has to go through the process of rebuilding a team each season with 1 and done's. He also makes it seem like he didn't overly consider a 1 mil pay raise to go to a power 5 conference school. That basically eliminates every school we had left to worry about! feelsgoodman

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        News reports said he was on the campus at the arena interviewing for the head coaching job.
        Fake News!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Here is another source on the Marshall sighting in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Begins, roughly, at the 5:10 minute mark. The jest is that Musselman was the leading candidate, however Atheletic Director Hunter Yurachek, brought Marshall in as the insurance policy.

Comment

Just feels more and more like something great is going to happen again.

Our recent run feels like it just added another foundational layer to the program. I get the sense that Marshall feels it too.

Last year was a series of events that was almost comical. The start was atrocious, and still made the NIT.

Really excited about what we have going on right now, which is incredible given the events a year ago.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
              I'm not sure about the validity of the article. If Marshall was so content about being here at Wichita State, why did he interview at Arkansas?
              Serious? I’m very happy at my job but I’ve had a few interviews with other potential opportunities. In the end I decided they weren’t worth leaving my current situation.

As with recruiting, one should never forget to continue shaving.

Comment

I do not subscribe to the athletic, but I was able to read the entire article.
                The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Its also posted on Facebook in the Shocker Faithful, I believe
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    So are bad ones. The AD will still have to discern which is which.
                    This is the part that scares me. If Marshall retires here, I would hope he would be SERIOUSLY involved in the interview process for his replacement.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                      C0|dB|00ded commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You and me both. If we are relying on B-Wrong to replace Gregg Marshall... ... ... ... ...

T

...:cool:

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

This is the part that scares me. If Marshall retires here, I would hope he would be SERIOUSLY involved in the interview process for his replacement.
                    Chris? It's time for the Wichita Directive 7865.

Comment

If Marshall was brought in "as the insurance policy", and if he actually showed up in Fayetteville, I imagine he accepted the free transportation, checked out someone else's private jet, toured the facilities at Arkansas, had a free dinner at a very nice restaurant, and made some contacts that might some day help Kellen in his career.

It never hurts to see what other programs are doing with facilities - when they're paying for it and giving you dinner to boot. The Ozarks are really nice this time of year. Sort of a mini vacation.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        If Marshall was brought in "as the insurance policy", and if he actually showed up in Fayetteville, I imagine he accepted the free transportation, checked out someone else's private jet, toured the facilities at Arkansas, had a free dinner at a very nice restaurant, and made some contacts that might some day help Kellen in his career.

It never hurts to see what other programs are doing with facilities - when they're paying for it and giving you dinner to boot. The Ozarks are really nice this time of year. Sort of a mini vacation.
                        "Kellen in his career"......that gave me a chuckle....

Comment

Marshall didn't "interview" for the job. I am sure he was simply offered the job.

Also, wonder how Marshall and Scott Wedman got to know each other.

Comment

• im4wsu
                            im4wsu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Danny Ainge

I said it at the time, and I’ll say it again, I seriously doubt the 3G even had any direct contact with Arkansas. Any offer is conveyed through his agent. In this case, it wasn’t interesting enough to get him involved with any trips or personal meetings. He declined and that was that. Marshall is too busy to waste his time on a tour of the Ozarks when he knows he doesn’t want the job.

Comment

• ShockerPrez
                            ShockerPrez commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm with you and, I sure as hell don't believe he stepped foot on campus in Fayetteville. This crap is all done in secret. It is my understanding that most interviews are in unrelated locations to either party when 'word gets around' too easily. And privacy is desired.

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

"Kellen in his career"......that gave me a chuckle....
                          Meaning what?

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                            C0|dB|00ded commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hi Kellen!

T

...:cool:
                        Working...
                        X