Nice article on Durley.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice article on Durley.

Too bad we don't have football, he could be in the band.

Or he could play some TE for us.

Maybe both.

It was also nice to read that Gene will make his first Shocker game since he was fired. It was great to see Randy back at WSU and now Gene.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

At this point, I think that you have to put him down as the biggest surprise / positive of the season? I am a little surprised that he hasn't received any MVC recognition yet.

Can you just imagine Durley, Garrett, Ellis and our new point guards next year?

Holy cow! No wonder KU doesn't want to start a series with us!

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
        At this point, I think that you have to put him down as the biggest surprise / positive of the season? I am a little surprised that he hasn't received any MVC recognition yet.

Can you just imagine Durley, Garrett, Ellis and our new point guards next year?

Holy cow! No wonder KU doesn't want to start a series with us!
        Yes he is a huge surprise. And I'm sure those guys aren't the reason KU isn't playing us. I think we've beaten that topic down into submission.

Comment

Nothing Durley has done has really surprised me. But I will say that he may be the biggest positive of the season so far.

Durley will be even more dangerous next year as he'll have a season under his belt and some post help with size. Our depth next year at every position will help him as well as I don't think we have to worry about subs coming in that can't get the job done or fall too far off of what the starters do. We could run some nice hi/low stuff with Stutz and Durley in together.

Where are my shades??? 8)
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            Nothing Durley has done has really surprised me. But I will say that he may be the biggest positive of the season so far.

Durley will be even more dangerous next year as he'll have a season under his belt and some post help with size. Our depth next year at every position will help him as well as I don't think we have to worry about subs coming in that can't get the job done or fall too far off of what the starters do. We could run some nice hi/low stuff with Stutz and Durley in together.

Where are my shades??? 8)
            You don't need shades for that Sub. Anyone could see the potential for next year. Even our friends from other schools.

Comment

If he keeps progressing, there are going to be some interesting times at Koch!

Is it just me, or does Durley seem to have an exceptional skill set as a freshman?

Not being able to attend any of the games, what clips I have seen of him impresses!

Comment

I think Durley will at least get votes for NoY and 6th Man this year. If his game keeps improving the way he's going now, he could win both. It's going to take some work, but J.T. seems to be starting to understand that part of D1 ball too.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Durley has a ton of potential as I've mentioned a few times. His offensive game is advanced and he continues to improve and learn how to use his body and strength inside. I don't worry about his D as some do. He's a freshman and does a decent enough job as such and is already showing some improvement. He's going to be a beast of a player and I think he finally realizes that as well. There's reason to be impessed and excited about JT.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I was lucky enough to watch him play at some of the pickup games before he hurt his knee. He was overweight and didn't have the stamina of the other guys, but the skill set was there.

Watching him respond to the "encouragement" of the coaching staff has been a delight, but not unexpected.

(You know, Chris Brown looked pretty good at those p/u games too, oh well...)
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

What I like about JT is his game instincts, and being able to finish a play good.
                      He rises to the challenge.

Comment

JT is playing strong, has the tools to be a very solid Shocker player before he graduates, and a needed shot in the arm to this years inside game. He is head and shoulders above where I thought he would be at this juncture. Reply # 11
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Great article. Nice to hear about the other talents of the players...

:drum: :drum: :drum: :posterwu:
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                          X