No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AM is 7'0 268....think I am going to like this season!

Comment

• Wuzee
      Wuzee commented
      Editing a comment
      Every returning player is listed at the exact same height and weight they were last season. I would expect this to change when practice starts in the fall.

The scholarship player heights are as follows:

7-0 AM
    6-11 JE
    6-10 JB
    6-9 IC
    6-8 MU
    6-7 DG
    6-6 TW
    6-5 DD
    6-4 JB
    6-3 ES
    6-2 GS
    6-1 TE

5-11 NF
    Livin the dream

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Add 2-3” to the players with “sprouts”...

• jds9089
      jds9089 commented
      Editing a comment
      c'mon Noah, one more inch!

Whoa! Those are interesting measurements. I am less concerned about NF height because he has always played smaller than most players. But the weight of DG at 200 and TW at 209 is more problematic in the physical league of the AAC. Not sure our power forwards can play at those weights in this league. Maybe TW has got ​some Ramon Clemente mojo​​​​​ that will allow him to play the pf position. Hope Kerry Rosenboom can put some weight and muscle on those two.

Comment

5'11 isn't a concern but 152lbs. very well might be. I've only seen him on highlight video's so I'm not sure but he better be extremely quick and maybe some serious strength to go along with it. Being picked up full court by someone like Laquincey Radeau (USF) who is 6'1 and 210 could be a problem. He will guard you 94' the entire game.

Fred was small of stature (not 152 mind you), but he was strong enough to handle himself on the court. We will have to see if this is a concern for Noah but if it is, thankfully, we have other options where size isn't a concern.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        By interesting coincidence, Dan, Holland was listed in his official Mercer bio before his senior year at exactly 152 -- and that was starting his fifth year out of high school. And of course, he was outstanding for Mercer each of his two seasons. But it's undoubtedly true that Mercer's Southern Conference opponents tended to be somewhat smaller and less physical than what WSU will be running into in the American.

We'll just have to see how Fernandes does in terms of gaining weight and strength. Rosenboom is one of the best, and Noah does have the advantage of having faced some fairly high quality competition before arriving at WSU, so he knows how to take best advantage of the physical assets he has. Noah is probably as heavy already as NBA Hall of Famer Tiny Archibald was, so it's certainly possible to be really good against quality competition, even his current weight. I won't even demand a Hall of Fame career from him -- just some collegiate excellence will be fine with me.

• Woodrow
        Woodrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Steph Curry was 6 ft. and 160 his senior year of high school. He wanted to play for Virginia Tech but was deemed too small to offer a scholarship so he went to Davidson. He still does pretty well playing at 190 in the NBA.

• shoxlax
        shoxlax commented
        Editing a comment
        He’s heavier than 152 now by a decent amount.
        Kid is tough and smart....and skilled. Redshirt may not be in his future.

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
      Whoa! Those are interesting measurements. I am less concerned about NF height because he has always played smaller than most players. But the weight of DG at 200 and TW at 209 is more problematic in the physical league of the AAC. Not sure our power forwards can play at those weights in this league. Maybe TW has got ​some Ramon Clemente mojo​​​​​ that will allow him to play the pf position. Hope Kerry Rosenboom can put some weight and muscle on those two.
      Here is the report by Taylor Eldridge from about a month ago on phsical goals for most of this year's roster in case you missed it.

Noah Fernandez was not listed but may not have arrived in Wichita yet and this was after Teddy's issues arised but before he was officially cut loose and, of course, before Cat Bilau.

Comment

Agree that NF will also have to gain weight and strength too. However, I am not sure where that photo was of Fred on shockernet when he first arrived as a freshman, but he was small too. It's amazing to look at Fred now with all that muscle and compare it to what he looked like as freshman at WSU. E. Oruphe was another amazing transformation from freshman to senior.

Comment

• Windiwu
          Windiwu commented
          Editing a comment
          FVV played at 190 as a freshman so I would say his frame was well constructed. R'ian was strong even while not very heavy so I'd say there was hope for Noah. Some people suspected Fred was really only 5' 11" but he plays like he is over 6'. I'm quite sure that NF was rated so highly for some good reason and I am looking forward to seeing him play.

Etienne and Sherfield are both shooters...

Comment

...And strong!
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            Etienne and Sherfield are both shooters...
            Sherfield came here to play PG

Comment

• Windiwu, you are correct when you say Fred played at 190 pounds as a freshmen, but when Fred arrived in the summer he was listed at 6ft and 175 pounds. At least thats what his highschool information says. So I guess Fred must have gained 15 pounds from summer to fall. Which tells me what we already know. Kerry Rosenboom has got some major skills and if Fred can gain 15 pounds so can other players. Go shocks.

Comment

• shockrah
                shockrah commented
                Editing a comment
                The Freshman 15.

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Yeah I prefer PG’s who can’t shoot.

Comment

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                Gottlieb lover! :)

Yeah.

And...?

Comment

Not what he has said himself. Heard him on a local radio interview and he corrected the host who had called him a point guard by saying “no, I’m a 2”

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Not what he has said himself. Heard him on a local radio interview and he corrected the host who had called him a point guard by saying “no, I’m a 2”
                  That's actually not correct. On the Drive, Bob Lutz called him a 2 guard, and Sherfield corrected him. Marshall has also gone on record saying that TE is more of a 2, Sherfield was more of a 1 and NF was a pure 1.

Comment

• Rocky Mountain Shock
                    Rocky Mountain Shock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dr. Samuel Johnson's right about Olson Johnson being right

• wichshock65
                    wichshock65 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And I'm not giving up my ice cream parlor, that I built with these two hands, for nothing or nobody.

• shock-it-to-me
                    shock-it-to-me commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I stand corrected. I think I misrememberized that interview.

• So noted

Comment

Working...
                  X