2019-2020 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
    Check the account mvmtraining on instagram to see footage of Bilau’s workouts today. On its story, and there’s a minute clip of him posted as well
    And?

Link? I don't have an instagram account. Is it still viewable?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

While that is unguarded, he appears to have way better handles than a normal 6'10 player
      Pretty quick feet for 6'10" as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

While that is unguarded, he appears to have way better handles than a normal 6'10 player
        He definitely has the bare necessities to develop into a very good player.

Does this mean we now have three bears. Poor Bear, God's Bear and Baloo!

Comment

• shockrah
          shockrah commented
          Editing a comment
          The Holy Trinity! LOL

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hoping for a couple of Goldilocks seasons.

• shockrah
          shockrah commented
          Editing a comment
          Except all the beds are too big!

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        Guards are nice to have. Hopefully in any given game at least 2 aren't ice cold. IIRC our turnovers were uncharacteristically high. But it did get better. Our handles struggled last year overall.

Roster looks good. Our focus moves to 4 and 5 improvement IMO. Gotta get better at finishing and making bunnies.
        First 20 games Ass't 11.9 Turnovers 12.3
        Final 19 games Ass's 13.7 Turnovers 9.7
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

First 20 games Ass't 11.9 Turnovers 12.3
          Final 19 games Ass's 13.7 Turnovers 9.7
          Telling stats.

Comment

At no time last season were all five of the players on the court among those returning for 2019-20.

The table below shoes for each player, the % of minutes played and the "Net plus-minus per 40 minutes" showing the trend over the Non-conference games, Conference games, Post-Season games and then the total for All Games. The bottom two lines shoe the totals for those returning compared to those not returning.

Several things are encouraging to me. Yes, we're losing a lot of scoring, but the plus-minus for the returning players exceeds that of those not returning in every category.
            Second, note the improvement in the Net/40 as the season progressed (1.4 to 6.4 for returning players; -0.7 to 3.4 for others).
            Third, only AM, IPBC,MU, RT and RB improved in AAC games as compared to the non-conference games. But look at the post-season numbers for everyone but for AM, RT, RB and EF.
            Fourth, DD, JB and AM's minutes really increased (taking minutes RB & RT & ES, to some extent, gave up)

These trends leave me very excited for the coming year. I believe maybe a significant part of the decrease in +/- performance in the AAC games is attributable to what I refer to as "the freshman wall," where the rigors of summer/fall and non-conference season totally fatigues the newbies from just after Christmas break through the month of January before "second wind" permits recovery. Last season, it was during that very stretch that WSU faced the toughest stretch of conference games, too. While we have lots of newcomers that may experience that same "wall" this coming season, we also have six instead of two that have experienced it and will be better prepared to fight through it this coming season.

Is it November yet? At least I have the AfterShocks to tide me through.

RETURNING3.png
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The strength of next season's team will be guards and centers. Dennis, Burton and Stephenson provide solid second year players with more sophomore experience than most P6 teams. Etienne, Sherfield and Fernandez come in with similar challenges and upsides as the previous mentioned players. Etienne and Sherfiled will not be asked to produce as quickly as this year's sophomores were required to last year. Because of that I believe their progression will yield major contributions this coming season. I do think it is a flip of a coin whether Fernandez shirts in 2019-20. The Center position is equally as exciting as the guards. Echenique showed signs last year of being the top-shelf big man in the American this coming year. Marshall already has commented about how hard and how much progress Mitgaard is making. Chandler is reported to be in the best shape of his life, in addition to being much more comfortable in Marshall's complicated system. Udeze will shirt and will be a beast in 2020-21. The forward positions will be the wildcard on whether the Shockers are dancing with the big boys. Trey Wade is expected to start at the 4 and be a quality presence. We all know the learning curve with the newbies. What gives us optimism with Wade is his previous D-1 experience and his outstanding year in Juco this past season. Dennis, in addition to logging minutes at the 2, will be asked to carry a big load at the 3. His athleticism and defensive DNA will allow him to guard bigger players. Here is where the challenge exists for our Shockers. Depth at the 3/4 is tough to gauge at this point. We all are excited about Gordon and Bilau...BUUUUUUUUT. They are freshmen. Enough said. They will struggle, like the majority of players do, to excel quickly in Marshall's system. Their struggles will be deep and their quality contributions will be spotty. With a little luck and fair bounces I think finishing 3rd is possible in the American, but more than likely 4th. I am excited to see what the ultimate result is.

Comment

The official 2023-24 Men's Basketball Roster for the Wichita State Shockers

roster is up.

Comment

How is Trey Wade a freshman?

Comment

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Typo

• Rocky Mountain Shock
                    Rocky Mountain Shock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He’s on the Grant Gibbs college eligibility plan.

No Devon Smith...
                  The Assman

Comment

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’d like it to be an oversight; I really like Devon, but he might have decided it was time to move on.

Not an oversight. New Smith in town

Comment

• WuShock16
                    WuShock16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wonder how he has “Ben” since his playing days at WSU ended. He is a good dude.

Wow, Noah makes Conner, SHJ, and Ricky look like big men.

Comment

That's a fairly remarkable crop of hair on Gordon. Wonder what he uses to make it sprout that way?

Comment

• WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Miracle-Grow; most of the players have some interesting “sprouts”. Today’s Afros.

• Kung Wu
                      Kung Wu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Even Wushock is impressed!
                  Working...
                  X