Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partial AAC vs. SEC challenge?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Partial AAC vs. SEC challenge?


  • #2
    Meh... so the top teams in the AAC gets to feel blessed to play the bottom of the SEC. Bad look.
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
    - Ernest Hemingway

    Comment


    • JVShocker(1)
      JVShocker(1) commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. Think I'd rather show them the middle finger instead.

  • #3
    Let me get in my knee jerk negative reaction before any actual details are revealed. Too late?

    Comment


    • #4
      I already mentioned in the preseason thread, but it is worth repeating.

      Before you complain about getting the scrubs of the SEC, the teams not involved in the Challenge this past season were Auburn (13 NET), LSU (16), Mississippi State (21), and Missouri (74). I'd take a game with any of those teams.
      Last edited by WuShock16; 1 week ago. Reason: Fixed data. Had a wrong team listed.
      78-65

      Comment


      • #5
        So the SEC schools that didn't participate this year were...

        LSU
        Miss State
        Mizzou
        Auburn

        Not really that bad of a group.

        Sorry WuShock16...but didn't Georgia play Texas?

        Comment


        • WuShock16
          WuShock16 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good catch. I got some bad info. Auburn is even better.

      • #6
        It's not the bottom teams, I believe they do a rotation and teams only do it X number of years in a row.

        Comment


        • SHOCKvalue
          SHOCKvalue commented
          Editing a comment
          My misunderstanding then.

      • #7
        Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        I already mentioned in the preseason thread, but it is worth repeating.

        Before you complain about getting the scrubs of the SEC, the teams not involved in the Challenge this past season were LSU (16 NET), Mississippi State (21), Missouri (74), and Georgia (115). Yes, there are a couple of "mehs" there, but a couple of them turned out to be really good.
        Except from Georgia, that is 3 Q1 road games and 2 Q1 homes games.

        Comment


        • #8
          Wichita State vs Kentucky?

          Comment


          • #9
            So you guys wouldn’t take a home and home with one of the following: Alabama, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Missouri, Georgia, or Vanderbilt? Those are the bottom six this year.

            Comment


            • #10
              I think it's a good idea..

              Comment


              • #11
                From wikipedia: "Because the SEC has 14 members, four teams of the SEC (since 2015-16, the bottom four teams from the previous season's standings) are excluded from the challenge each season".

                So that means only four AAC teams will get to participate in this each year, and it will be a mixed bag on the quality of the opponent.

                I'm concerned what this means: Mainly Q2 possibilities for AAC, and Q1 possibilities for SEC. Doesn't seem symmetric on the surface.

                However ... imagine this:

                Missouri Valley/SEC Challenge.

                Once you stop laughing, go ahead and appreciate the opportunity for what it is, until something better comes along.
                Kung Wu say: "If Chuck Norris had a coach, his name would be Gregg Marshall."

                Comment


                • #12
                  Hmm, is the Big East in a contractual challenge with any other conference? Screw the SEC dregs, and let's set up an official Challenge with the Big East?
                  Kung Wu say: "If Chuck Norris had a coach, his name would be Gregg Marshall."

                  Comment


                  • #13
                    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Hmm, is the Big East in a contractual challenge with any other conference? Screw the SEC dregs, and let's set up an official Challenge with the Big East?
                    B10
                    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
                    - Ernest Hemingway

                    Comment


                    • WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thought I read that the BE starts one with the Big XII soon.

                  • #14
                    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    From wikipedia: "Because the SEC has 14 members, four teams of the SEC (since 2015-16, the bottom four teams from the previous season's standings) are excluded from the challenge each season".

                    So that means only four AAC teams will get to participate in this each year, and it will be a mixed bag on the quality of the opponent.

                    I'm concerned what this means: Mainly Q2 possibilities for AAC, and Q1 possibilities for SEC. Doesn't seem symmetric on the surface.

                    However ... imagine this:

                    Missouri Valley/SEC Challenge.

                    Once you stop laughing, go ahead and appreciate the opportunity for what it is, until something better comes along.
                    If means extra Q2 home games against the SEC .. sign me up. They automatically will mean more than Q2 home games against non-P6 conferences.

                    Comment


                    • #15
                      Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      From wikipedia: "Because the SEC has 14 members, four teams of the SEC (since 2015-16, the bottom four teams from the previous season's standings) are excluded from the challenge each season".

                      So that means only four AAC teams will get to participate in this each year, and it will be a mixed bag on the quality of the opponent.

                      I'm concerned what this means: Mainly Q2 possibilities for AAC, and Q1 possibilities for SEC. Doesn't seem symmetric on the surface.

                      However ... imagine this:

                      Missouri Valley/SEC Challenge.

                      Once you stop laughing, go ahead and appreciate the opportunity for what it is, until something better comes along.
                      I'm not sure they are excluding the bottom 4 teams from the previous year. In 2017-2018, the bottom 4 teams were Georgia, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, and Ole Miss. All 4 of those teams participated last (this) season.

                      Comment


                      • Kung Wu
                        Kung Wu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Can't explain it, but it does hold true for the year prior, I think. Anyway, that's just what it says on the description of the challenge.
                    Working...
                    X