No announcement yet.

Partial AAC vs. SEC challenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A home and home with a 'bad' SEC team is better than a home game against Rice or Oral Roberts.

Comment

It is my understanding that Missouri will be in our four nearly every year because apparently some or all of the Big IX refuses to play them.

This challenge is a good thing and perhaps it can turn into a more inclusive one in the future.

The interesting question is how will the AAC pick the 4 four teams that will play in it. THAT is going to create some hard feelings.

Comment

Aresco is setting us up for a Kentucky home game. I like his style. Should that miracle ever happen, I hope they resist the urge to make it the IBA game.

Comment

• JVShocker
          JVShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          The day that game happens is the day hell freezes over. It may be a brisk 47 degrees today after yesterday's high of 86 (?) but I don't ever, EVER see that happening.

• Walker
          Walker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah probably not gonna happen but ya never know.

I think looking at it through a micro lense makes it appear as a bad look for the AAC. Taking a step back though, this should only improve the conferences net ratings across the board, which then should lead to increased exposure, increased seeding, and increased reputation.

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          … and maybe another bid or two...

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

I'm not sure they are excluding the bottom 4 teams from the previous year. In 2017-2018, the bottom 4 teams were Georgia, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, and Ole Miss. All 4 of those teams participated last (this) season.
        Not to further muddy the waters, but this article when reading between the lines makes it sound like the bottom 4 teams in odd numbered years are left out for the following two years. Kind of a strange way to do it, but that would mean A&M, Mizzou, Georgia, and Vandy for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Not to further muddy the waters, but this article when reading between the lines makes it sound like the bottom 4 teams in odd numbered years are left out for the following two years. Kind of a strange way to do it, but that would mean A&M, Mizzou, Georgia, and Vandy for next year.
          If those are the teams then
          Georgia has the 10th ranked recruiting class in the country with a 5 star.
          Texas a&m brings back 7 or their top 8 and brings in a great coach. They finished 91 in kenpom.
          Missouri Brings back 5 of their top 7 and finished 68th in kenpom
          Vandy was awful but only had one senior last year plus I hear Nashville is a fun town.
          Last edited by 12eagle; April 11, 2019, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• 12eagle
            12eagle commented
            Editing a comment
            Obviously this does not take into account transfers and players going pro.

Big 12/SEC Challenge – Did Not Participate:
          2013 - Arkansas, Georgia, LSU and Tennessee
          2014 - Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi State and Texas A&M
          2015 - Alabama, Missouri, Mississippi State and South Carolina
          2016 - Alabama, Missouri, Mississippi State and South Carolina
          2017 - Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State, and Missouri
          2018 - Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State, and Missouri

2019 Bottom 6 Teams in the SEC:
          Alabama - Net #59 / RPI #66
          Missouri - Net #77 / RPI #130
          South Carolina – Net #81 / RPI #100
          Texas A&M – Net #84 / RPI #123
          Georgia - Net #122 / RPI #189
          Vanderbilt - Net #155 / RPI #225

2019 Top 6 Teams in the AAC:
          Houston - Net #4 / RPI #7
          Cincinnati - Net #25 / RPI #17
          UCF - Net #30 / RPI #23
          Temple - Net #56 / RPI #36
          Memphis - Net #46 / RPI #58
          Wichita State - Net #83 / RPI #56

Comment

IIRC we have had only two P5 teams in CKA in the last 9 years (Texas Tech and Baylor). It’s hard to get them here under any circumstances especially with the trend of P5 never leaving their home courts in the non-con. I’d be excited to get any SEC team into CKA. I don’t really care what their rip/net is.

Comment

• shocks02
              shocks02 commented
              Editing a comment
              Alabama played at CKA in 2014.

• IndianaShocker
              IndianaShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Utah Utes, 2015

The 4 teams not playing in the Big 12 challenge in 2019 are Miss St, Mizzou, Tenn, and LSU. All would be welcomed with open arms into the roundhouse.
            "It's the same at every address"

Comment

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              Question is who gets to play those lucky teams? Houston Wichita State Cincinnati Memphis

I guess this makes it official: https://goshockers.com/news/2019/4/1...-alliance.aspx

The SEC/American Alliance matchups for the 2019-20 season will be officially announced in late May. The schools will then proceed to determine dates for these games, and all four showdowns will be carried on ESPN networks.

Comment

I can remember the Alabama game in CKA in the Cohen era, but do not remember that most recent game. But as usual, Shocks02 is correct. Sure sign I’m getting old.

On the other hand, I do remember the Utah game. That one was at Intrust.

Comment

Not “P5” necessarily, but Seton Hall (14-15) and Providence (05-06) from the Big East have made quasi-recent appearances in CKA. Both turned out to be Sweet 16 seasons for the good guys, so I’m good with another Big East foe coming to town. I’d even accept our friends from Omaha.
                78-65

Comment

This discussion reminded me of when LSU came to Koch arena and Matt B did a half court aly oop pass to Cooooooz (I believe) for the dunk.
                  Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                  Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• WuShock16
                    WuShock16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I had kinda forgotten that. Gosh, that was filthy, beautiful, whatever adjective you want to put on that.

Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
                  This discussion reminded me of when LSU came to Koch arena and Matt B did a half court aly oop pass to Cooooooz (I believe) for the dunk.
                  Speaking of, does anyone else remember Craig Steven throwing an inbounds pass from half court to Jamie Sowers for an alley-oop?

Comment

• rrshock
                    rrshock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I dont remember much from back then

First matchup announced. Memphis vs UGA

Comment

Working...
                  X