2019-20 National Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

OK. So you're saying he's and idiot, but defending his right to be an idiot. That's a better take.
    I mean, I'm saying it's a reasonable take, so no, I'm not saying he's an idiot. I disagree with him, but he's not unreasonable for where he put us.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
      It looks like he almost entirely based his ballot on KP rankings. It is close to being identical.
      I disagree with that methodology, but I see the merit in it.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Here are some thoughts on the Baylor Ranking and their respective AP ballots from their Fan Forum:

"Two slappy's have us at #4 https://collegepolltracker.com/baske...lor-bears/2019 Some jackhole from Kansas City (KU homer) has us at #3.....BEHIND #2 Kansas on his ballot.... Apparantly he does not watch the actual games!"

"That's ridiculous and shows that some need their card pulled."

Comment

• It is entirely possible to rely too much on metrics as much as it's possible to be too dismissive of them.

We play games to find out which teams are better, not to generate statistical models. Should we get rid of the NCAA tournament and crown a national champion based on who has the best statistical ranking at the end of the season??? No, that's stupid.

Baylor beat KU in Lawrence by a sizable margin. This is one of those times I don't need statistics to tell me which is the better team. To rank Baylor below KU has the appearance of being irresponsible, or just plain ignorant. Maybe both.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
            Here are some thoughts on the Baylor Ranking and their respective AP ballots from their Fan Forum:

"Two slappy's have us at #4 https://collegepolltracker.com/baske...lor-bears/2019 Some jackhole from Kansas City (KU homer) has us at #3.....BEHIND #2 Kansas on his ballot.... Apparantly he does not watch the actual games!"

"That's ridiculous and shows that some need their card pulled."

Yes Baylor fans, we know who butters ole Jessie's bread...

Jessie Newell on Audacy: Listen to Free Radio Online | Music, Sports, News, Podcasts
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• If I remember correctly, Baylor has beaten 5 teams that were ranked in the top 25 so far. So at this point, yes they are superior to kU. Especially after handling kU pretty easily in Lawrence. I don’t believe UNI had beaten 5 ranked teams prior. Baylor has earned it over the course of the season, as have the Shockers. Ku is always started at the top along with other so called blue bloods not because of what they’ve done this year but who they are. Teams like WSU have to earn there way up, ku not so much...

Comment

• KU is always going to get the blue blood bump in the polls. AP poll where the rankings are made up and losses don’t matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Main one is NET. That drives the team sheets (i.e. its how they are sorted for Quandrants). It's far and away the most important one. There is a small section dedicated to other rankings, KP, Sagarin, KPI and a couple other (i think 6 total) are listed.
                  Thanks.

Comment

• Just got the Mid-Season results from our Shockers Eye Exam.

Looking good.

No glasses needed.

WSU Eye Test.JPG

Comment

• I think if I squint I see 40 on there.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

So is Jesse Newell's ballot a metric or an opinion?
                        Its a stupid. Everyone is entitled to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I disagree with that methodology, but I see the merit in it.
                          Sorry Kel. Your argument lost steam for TWO reasons.
                          First you say that Newell putting all of his eggs in the KenPom basket has merit. The KP is not gospel and any educated statistitian realizes that and looks at more than KP.
                          Secondly, KU getting beat up (not close) on their own home court in the past several days is as good a head to head current statistical comparison (again at Allen FH) as you can get. Your arguments aren’t good but nice try.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Looked it up the 6 on the team sheets are:

NET - 9
                              KPI - 11
                              SOR - 10
                              BPI - 36
                              KP - 25
                              SAG - 17

BPI has always been an outlier, but even if you include KP and BPI, the average ranking of those 6 is .... 18 ... So no not fringe Top 25. It falls in line with the view points of 64 of the 65 voters. Just not the KU fanboy that happens to have an AP vote
                              I think BPI adjust strength of schedule for injuries. This year WSU seems to catch teams without a player or two....

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

I think BPI adjust strength of schedule for injuries. This year WSU seems to catch teams without a player or two....
                                Considering some of 3G's injury luck at WSU -- e.g., Wessel missing most of the Final Four season; FVV playing much of the game with a concussion against Kentucky in the year of 35-1; and then the trifecta of Fred's hamstring, Shamet's foot, and Grady's crash landing in what was supposed to be a year to contend for the brass ring -- the Shocks are due for a few breaks in terms of opponent's injuries.

Comment

Working...
                                X