Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracketology with Joe Lunardi - ESPN

Updated: (February 7, 2020)

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Teams of Interest:
    2-seed West Virginia (previous 2)
    7-seed Houston (previous 8)
    9-seed Wichita State (previous 8)
    11-seed Oklahoma (previous 11)
    12-seed Cincinnati (previous Not Seeded)
    16-seed Texas Southern (previous 16)

Other Teams of Interest:
    11-seed Northern Iowa (previous 10)
    13-seed New Mexico State (previous 13)

Last 4 In:
    Oklahoma - 3rd Spot

First 4 Out:
    Memphis - 1st Spot
    VCU - 2nd Spot
    East Tennessee State - 3rd Spot

Next 4 Out:
    None

Off The Board:
    Tulsa (previous 12)
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; February 7, 2020, 05:00 PM. Reason: Corrected Memphis and VCU to First 4 Out

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      Bracketology with Joe Lunardi - ESPN

Updated: (February 7, 2020)

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Teams of Interest:
      2-seed West Virginia (previous 2)
      7-seed Houston (previous 8)
      9-seed Wichita State (previous 8)
      11-seed Oklahoma (previous 11)
      11-seed VCU (previous 11)
      11-seed Memphis (previous 11)
      12-seed Cincinnati (previous Not Seeded)
      16-seed Texas Southern (previous 16)

Other Teams of Interest:
      11-seed Northern Iowa (previous 10)
      13-seed New Mexico State (previous 13)

Last 4 In:
      Oklahoma - 3rd Spot

First 4 Out:
      Memphis - 1st Spot
      VCU - 2nd Spot
      East Tennessee State - 3rd Spot

Next 4 Out:
      None

Off The Board:
      Tulsa (previous 12)
      How can Memphis be both an 11 seed and first 4 out?
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

How can Memphis be both an 11 seed and first 4 out?
        My bad, i forgot to remove them from seeded list when i copied the previous reiteration.

Memphis is the First team Out.

Comment

• Per Jerry Palm, we are now an 11 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
            Per Jerry Palm, we are now an 11 seed.
            Still time to turn this around. Just takes one game to right this train. How bad does this team want to make the tournament? I know JE does. I’m sure the others do as well. We need a spark and hopefully that spark comes at UCF.

Comment

• We technically still don't have any bad losses and I doubt Temple would be considered bad at this moment, but if we don't win our next three games against winnable teams in UCF, Tulane and USF, (who are simply .500 teams), then we are absolutely NIT material.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                We technically still don't have any bad losses and I doubt Temple would be considered bad at this moment, but if we don't win our next three games against winnable teams in UCF, Tulane and USF, (who are simply .500 teams), then we are absolutely NIT material.
                Yup .. not having any Q3/Q4 losses gives us a positive that a lot of other bubble teams don't have

bubble.JPG

Comment

• Was told yesterday by a UNI buddy of mine that it's going to be funny if UNI loses in the MVC tourney that the MVC will be a 2 bid league and the AAC will only be 1. I swear the delusion of that fan base is completely comical!

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                    Was told yesterday by a UNI buddy of mine that it's going to be funny if UNI loses in the MVC tourney that the MVC will be a 2 bid league and the AAC will only be 1. I swear the delusion of that fan base is completely comical!
                    Their NET/KenPom/Torvik/Sagarin split is 37/36/39/54. So if they win out and lose in the Valley title game, there's a pretty good chance they get in.

However, they have away games at KP #96 Loyola and KP #98 Indiana State coming up. Just checked and was surprised that the top half of the conference is as good as its been since we left. Shocked that they have three teams in the KP top 100 when they had a total of one in the past two seasons.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• If, we have hit rock bottom, and can drop only our Cincy game, then we are probably in. Big 'If'. If we lose 2, then we might be toast.

Other teams will lose games as well. Maybe we are just at the perfect catastrophe moment where things look their worst.

But, the good news is that we haven't tied cement blocks to our ankles yet, apparently. So, we can control our fate....

Go Shox!
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Their NET/KenPom/Torvik/Sagarin split is 37/36/39/54. So if they win out and lose in the Valley title game, there's a pretty good chance they get in.

However, they have away games at KP #96 Loyola and KP #98 Indiana State coming up. Just checked and was surprised that the top half of the conference is as good as its been since we left. Shocked that they have three teams in the KP top 100 when they had a total of one in the past two seasons.
                        But they have 2 Q3 losses to go along with only 3 Q1/Q2 wins. They also for some reason only scheduled 10 D1 non-conference games. 12 total with 2 non-D1 games. That's going to hurt them (as it should).

Comment

• To follow up on all the people that called me out ....

As of yesterday's update we are still in 84 of 91 brackets as a 10 seed average (not in the last 4 in)

Comment

• Pre season we were not expected to make the tourney this year. Look how we are talking about not making it now for sure so if we do make it. Its all good. But if we don't make it i'm not mad. Sure we won good games in the beginning and that has put us in the field. But really was anybody expecting this last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

But they have 2 Q3 losses to go along with only 3 Q1/Q2 wins. They also for some reason only scheduled 10 D1 non-conference games. 12 total with 2 non-D1 games. That's going to hurt them (as it should).
                              Yeah, it probably will. That's a good point.

My larger issue, which I've stated in other threads, is that the stratification of all this gives the committee too many tools, meaning that they can exclude a mid-major for any justifiable reason. "They're 30th in the NET, but they have these bad losses!" is a little too subjective for me. Just use one metric and be done with it instead of using a decision tree that looks more like the genealogy chart of the kid in Deliverance.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                                Was told yesterday by a UNI buddy of mine that it's going to be funny if UNI loses in the MVC tourney that the MVC will be a 2 bid league and the AAC will only be 1. I swear the delusion of that fan base is completely comical!
                                I hope they're enjoying those ESPN Plus games. Talk about big team.

If they win out, their ceiling is an 11 seed with 2 conference losses. If we win out, our ceiling is a 5 seed with 5 conference losses.

They seriously have 1 good win, 2 bad losses and a lot of meh in between. I wouldn't be getting cocky if I were a UNI fan.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X