2019-20 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Pam guy knows what he's doin'
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
      You know what I think? I'm going to assume we finish 12-6 or 11-7 in AAC, not great but as long as we avoid 'bad' losses we'll get an at-large. While Fever is right, our SOS is not particularly well, I have faith in the committee that they will see we attempted to schedule strong but our marquee opponents are having an off year and won't hold that against us too bad. I'm predicting a 10 seed.
      If we finish 11-7 in AAC, that means we are 6-5 to finish the regular season. Do you think we will get an at-large?
      Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post

If we finish 11-7 in AAC, that means we are 6-5 to finish the regular season. Do you think we will get an at-large?
        If that happens. Personally. I think the Shx are NIT bound. If it DOES happen. Marshall will

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
          The number 23 team in the nation with a 17-3 record is a bubble team? The level of stupidity and P5 bias never ceases to amaze me...
          What do you think now? Bubble is the best scenario IMHO.

Comment

Don’t think it’s quite that dire, but yeah the buffer is getting pretty thin.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Don’t think it’s quite that dire, but yeah the buffer is getting pretty thin.
              In theory, with only 3 losses in AAC, it's not quite that dire. But in reality, I don't think we can make the dance.

Comment

In theory, with only 3 losses in AAC, it's not quite that dire. But in reality, I don't think we can make the dance.
                I agree. We have several more losses ahead. I wouldn't be surprised with 10-8. We are used to HCGM teams getting better this time of year. It ain't happening this go around.

Comment

Easy dude...lots of season left.

Comment

• Trying to figure out how this team finishes the backloaded regular season going 7-3, which at best, keeps us in the bubble picture.

With little to no adjustments being made over the last 3 weeks, nope, not seeing it.
                    Last edited by ShockerFever; February 1, 2020, 09:15 PM.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Trying to figure out how this team finishes the backloaded regular season going 7-3, which at best, keeps us in the bubble picture.

With little to no adjustments being made over the last 3 weeks, nope, not seeing it.
                      Given Shocker shooting percentages since the Temple loss IMO if the Shockers fail to improve then the "bubble picture" is gone for this season. Ten games left with away games against Houston, Cincinnati and Memphis; a home game against Cincinnati; and a road game against SMU equates to 5 probable losses.

Comment

• Road games are hard!

Comment

• Originally posted by OSShock View Post
                          Road games are hard!
                          However, sometimes we make it worse than it needs to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Given Shocker shooting percentages since the Temple loss IMO if the Shockers fail to improve then the "bubble picture" is gone for this season. Ten games left with away games against Houston, Cincinnati and Memphis; a home game against Cincinnati; and a road game against SMU equates to 5 probable losses.
                            Six wins and a win in the conference tournament and we’re in. There will be a lot of teams shitting the bed in other conferences. 7-3 and a win or two in the conference tournament and we are a single digit seed.

The question is where do we get our wins: Tulane and USF at home. Probably Temple. SMU, Cincy and Tulsa are no guarantees at our place and only UCF on the road jumps out as us being the favorites.
                            Last edited by shoxlax; February 2, 2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Yes, especially with a win in the tournament

Comment

• I’ll toss out my contrary opinion. I actually thought that this was the best game we’ve played since UConn. Aside from the poor shooting I thought we did everything thing else pretty well. It appears to me the top four teams are pretty evenly matched. I expect we will take several of the remaining games against the contenders. Time will tell. Let’s get started this Thursday!

Comment

Working...
                                X