Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
    http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2020/net-nitty

Interesting fact: WSU is the only NET Top 50 team without a Q1 win. 0-1 in Q1 chances, with the only game being against West Virginia.
    And that's exactly why I wouldn't wanna be near the bubble on Selection Sunday, despite some things a homer fan has been spewing.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And that's exactly why I wouldn't wanna be near the bubble on Selection Sunday, despite some things a homer fan has been spewing.
      Doesn't necessarily make his claims untrue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Doesn't necessarily make his claims untrue.
        lol that we have one of the best non-con resumes in the country? With an 0-1 Q1 record?

Ok, lock us up.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

lol that we have one of the best non-con resumes in the country? With an 0-1 Q1 record?

Ok, lock us up.
          I wouldn't go as far as he did, but I wouldn't discount it as much as you either. Having one of the better non-con performances in the country and the selection committee not thinking so are not mutually exclusive.

A high percentage of the teams with 'better resume's' have more Q1 wins, fewer Q2 wins, and are hiding several losses and/or a Q3 or Q4 loss. Just looking in the first column isn't a great way to evaluate a team, IMO. I don't disagree with you that maybe that's what the committee will do. Like I said, not mutually exclusive.

Comment

Not this year. No. Nowhere NEAR the bubble. Its gonna be a bad year for bubble teams and hard lessons learned about scheduling.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

Not this year. No. Nowhere NEAR the bubble. Its gonna be a bad year for bubble teams and hard lessons learned about scheduling.
              Isn't every year bad for bubble teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I wouldn't go as far as he did, but I wouldn't discount it as much as you either. Having one of the better non-con performances in the country and the selection committee not thinking so are not mutually exclusive.

A high percentage of the teams with 'better resume's' have more Q1 wins, fewer Q2 wins, and are hiding several losses and/or a Q3 or Q4 loss. Just looking in the first column isn't a great way to evaluate a team, IMO. I don't disagree with you that maybe that's what the committee will do. Like I said, not mutually exclusive.
                I don’t think I said anywhere at all whatsoever that it was a bad resume. But a top resume? Based on what exactly? Can somebody just spell it out for me? A loss to WVU? And wins over OU, VCU, and Ole Miss at home and OSU on the road, and then all home fluff. That’s a resume that’s gonna give us the edge on the bubble? Because we went 12-1 with that, that makes it awesome? Not with how the teams have fared since then.

I 100% agree that losses matter, and bad losses even more. What better resumes have Q4 losses? Can you name a team or two?

It was helpful avoiding losses this year too since we played 12 of our 13 games in a non hostile environment.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Can someone tell me how many Q2 wins we have and how that compares to other NET top 50 teams? I am too lazy to look it up.

Comment

• Will our loss to WVU help us as much as KU when they lose to them?

Probably not since ours was on a neutral court. KUz will be in Morgantown.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      Will our loss to WVU help us as much as KU when they lose to them?

Probably not since ours was on a neutral court. KUz will be in Morgantown.
                      KU is not going to be helped by a loss, their resume is not really affected though because that's a road game against a Top 10 in NET team.

Likewise with our resume, a Q1 loss never hurts your resume and can really help if you win. Just make sure you win a couple.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        Can someone tell me how many Q2 wins we have and how that compares to other NET top 50 teams? I am too lazy to look it up.
                        West Virginia is 7-1 in Q2, Maryland is 7-0, and Wichita State is 6-2. No other teams have 6 or more Q2 wins in the Top 50.

Comment

Yep!

Isn't every year bad for bubble teams.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2020/net-nitty

Interesting fact: WSU is the only NET Top 50 team without a Q1 win. 0-1 in Q1 chances, with the only game being against West Virginia.
                            Yet for some reason pretty much every bracketologist has WSU 15-20 spots above the cut line even after losing 2 out of the last 4 .....

It's almost like there is more to a resume than Q1 wins .... nah can't be .. they are just ALL wrong and missing this key fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Can someone tell me how many Q2 wins we have and how that compares to other NET top 50 teams? I am too lazy to look it up.
                              Faded already answered but for future reference:

The officially NCAA nitty gritty has those broken down
                              https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi...ages/Home.aspx

I also look at

https://bracketologists.com/

It has a really clean interface to see how things move around. All the numbers at the top are on the official team sheets too (official team sheets are in the first NCAA link i provided in this post too). The team sheet view shows the Q1a/Q1b and Q2a/Q2b breakdowns too. Our Q2 wins are all but one in the Q2a column which really helps.

Comment

• While our best wins have lost some of their luster it is worth mentioning that Memphis, OU and VCU are still projected in the field (or at least on the bubble). If WSU were to slide down to the bubble having all those wins over other bubble contenders is certainly a nice thing.

It is unfortunate that so many of our early wins were Q1 and have steadily slid (Memphis, VCU, OU, OSU).

Win the next 3 games (which admittedly is very difficult) and our profile will have all holes eliminated.
                                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                                X