2019-20 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Losing a guy who the numbers indicate was a Top 5 player in the AAC last season will be addition by subtraction. High comedy.

KP.jpg
    This is where a short snapshot of stats masks the bigger problems, which were bad shot volume and inability to move the ball within the offense, which were both things not measured by Kenpom.

His high ppg I’m sure helped skew the line.

But Ken knows everything so I digress.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Bla bla bla bla. Some of you guys might want to give the national media the benefit of the doubt when they assess the shockers , but I am not one of them. Yes I know we are losing Markus McDuffie, but I call BULLSHT on their reasoning. Why? Because the nationa media has consistently shown disrespect and underated the shocks.. The national media has shown that it gives prepereintal treatment when evaluating blue blood schools and other so-called power 5 as compared to other schools . Below is my proof.:

I stop paying attention to the national media after the shockers came back the following year from the Final Four. Right now I am looking at Sporting News 2013-2014 magazine. It has CleAnthony on the cover. That's why I bought the magazine. But the shockers are not even ranked in the pre-season top 25. Teams the shocker's beat are ranked but not the shocks. WTF Name me another school that would not be ranked in the pre season top 25 after a Final Four showing with 3 starting players returning . The shocks returned Fred Vanvleet, Ron Baker, Cleanthony Early, and Tekel Cotton . Look how the national media treats Texas Tech today. They lost most of all their key players and they are ranked in the top 15.

I am sorry but these fools have never been right and they have certainly shown through pass deeds that they will never treat the shockers fairly. That's why I say fukthem. We're wolves and we don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep. But it's a shame the system is rigged to give these other schools advantages by undeserving media attention.
      ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

This is where a short snapshot of stats masks the bigger problems, which were bad shot volume and inability to move the ball within the offense, which were both things not measured by Kenpom.

His high ppg I’m sure helped skew the line.

But Ken knows everything so I digress.
        The father of modern college basketball analytics must be shunned in favor of the soothsayer of Shockernet that is ShockerFever. Got it.

Gotta love it that when data obfuscates your presumptions, the data must be wrong. What a great coincidence.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• shockrah
          shockrah commented
          Editing a comment
          Obfuscates. There's a word I don't see very often!

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I hate it when I have to look up words on a sport fan board.

The 2020 NCAA bracket predicted, 50 days from opening night - NCAA.COM

DANIEL WILCO | NCAA.COM |
        SEPTEMBER 16, 2019

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...-opening-night

"Just 50 days from the start of the 2019-20 college basketball season, we asked NCAA.com basketball expert Andy Katz to fill out a March Madness bracket based on everything he saw this preseason.

Last year, Katz filed almost a dozen bracket predictions throughout the season. In his final prediction before Selection Sunday, he got 67 of the 68 teams correct.

So let's take a look at how he's starting off the 2019-20 season....

3-seed Memphis
        9-seed Houston
        9-seed VCU
        10-seed Cincinnati
        11-seed South Carolina
        13-seed New Mexico State
        13-seed Missouri State
        15-seed Omaha

Just missing the cut Katz went beyond the field of 68 to make some predictions on the bubble for the upcoming season.

First Four out:
        BYU
        USF
        Creighton
        Syracuse

Next four out:
        Iowa
        Oklaoma
        TCU
        Wichita State

Under consideration:
        Texas
        Pepperdine
        Clemson
        Arkansas
        Alabama
        St. Bonaventure
        Dayton
        UConn

Comment

Could be six more openings after NCAA penalties

Comment

All these journalists are lacking common sense. If you're willing to believe that Memphis will be a Top 10 team, it makes less than zero sense to have one LESS AAC team in the field than 2019. The logic just won't work.

Comment

Bracketology with Joe Lunardi - ESPN

Updated: (October 3, 2019)

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Teams of Interest
              5-seed Memphis (previous 5)
              6-seed VCU (previous 6)
              8-seed Houston (previous 7)
              8-seed Mississippi (previous 8)
              11-seed Cincinnati (previous 10)
              12-seed New Mexico State (previous 12)
              13-seed East Tennessee State (previous 13)
              14-seed Loyola-Chicago (previous 14)

Last 4 In
              1st spot - Cincinnati (previous 4th spot)

First 4 Out
              2nd spot - Oklahoma (previous 10-seed)

Next 4 Out
              None

Off the Board
              None

Comment

Comment

Can't get the link to load on Firefox or IE
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

This link works, but is not secure.

http://barttorvik.com/teamcast.php?&...+St.&year=2020

Comment

Not Bracketology .. but Top 100 teams of the KenPom era ...

Notice one team's seed that is way out of line compared to the others?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Not Bracketology .. but Top 100 teams of the KenPom era ...

Notice one team's seed that is way out of line compared to the others?
                        Yes, and in the right column is that damn eight-seeded Kentucky team. It will be decades before I get over that.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Bracketology: Michigan State headlines opening Field of 68 - NBC Sports

By Dave Ommen
                          Oct 24, 2019, 2:25 PM EDT

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....g-field-of-68/

PRESEASON BRACKET PROJECTION

Teams of Interest
                          5-Memphis
                          7-seed VCU
                          9-seed Cincinnati
                          11-seed Mississippi

Other Teams of Interest
                          12-seed New Mexico State (Chris Jans)
                          12-seed East Tennessee State (Steve Forbes)
                          12-seed Missouri State (Dana Ford)

Last 4 In
                          1. Mississippi
                          2. Illinois
                          3. Arizona State
                          4. Notre Dame

First 4 Out
                          1. Georgetown
                          2. Iowa
                          3. Oklahoma State
                          4. Wichita State

Next 4 Out
                          1. Georgia
                          2. Iowa
                          3. South Florida
                          ​​​​​​​4. Mississippi State

Comment

NCAA Bracketology: Preseason Prediction - Las Word on Sports

By Matthew Waldman
                            October 28, 2019

Subscribe Here “,”nextArrow”:”“,”autoplay”:false,”autoplaySpeed”:5000,”rtl”:false}’ dir=”ltr”> Veteran Clippers Player Scores First Points Since November The Los Angeles Clippers’ P.J. Tucker scored his first points… Wizards Draft Targets: Why This Duke Star Would Be A Perfect Fit The Washington Wizards (11-53) are fresh off having defeated the… Can Clippers Fan Favorite Break Into Rotation? With Los Angeles Clippers […]

"The college basketball season is approaching in a hurry. That means it’s time to start thinking about who will end up playing meaningful minutes in March. NCAA bracketology can be an imperfect science at times, especially when you are trying to predict the actions of human beings. However, everyone loves tracking these predictions to see what the “experts” think about the status of their team....

American Athletic
                            The AAC has three fantastic teams, with a fourth that will be in the conversation throughout the season. While many are high on Memphis, Cincinnati should not be overlooked. Both schools will push for a protected seed. Houston may not be as good as they were the last few years, though Kelvin Sampson has surprised everyone before. Wichita State should finally get back to national relevance after a few tough seasons, and they are in as of right now...."

Teams of Interest
                            4-seed Cincinnati
                            5-Memphis
                            6-seed VCU
                            8-Houston
                            10-seed Mississippi
                            11-seed Wichita State (last four in)

Other Teams of Interest
                            15-seed Missouri State (Dana Ford)

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                              NCAA Bracketology: Preseason Prediction - Las Word on Sports

By Matthew Waldman
                              October 28, 2019

https://lastwordonprobasketball.com/...on-prediction/

"The college basketball season is approaching in a hurry. That means it’s time to start thinking about who will end up playing meaningful minutes in March. NCAA bracketology can be an imperfect science at times, especially when you are trying to predict the actions of human beings. However, everyone loves tracking these predictions to see what the “experts” think about the status of their team....

American Athletic
                              The AAC has three fantastic teams, with a fourth that will be in the conversation throughout the season. While many are high on Memphis, Cincinnati should not be overlooked. Both schools will push for a protected seed. Houston may not be as good as they were the last few years, though Kelvin Sampson has surprised everyone before. Wichita State should finally get back to national relevance after a few tough seasons, and they are in as of right now...."

Teams of Interest
                              4-seed Cincinnati
                              5-Memphis
                              6-seed VCU
                              8-Houston
                              10-seed Mississippi
                              11-seed Wichita State (last four in)

Other Teams of Interest
                              15-seed Missouri State (Dana Ford)
                              "Wichita State should finally get back to national relevance after a few tough seasons..."

[img]
                              http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/5GCsePLXv949W/giphy.gif[/img]

[img]
                              https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2SaisWTeZnV9wk/giphy.gif[/img]
                              Last edited by WstateU; October 28, 2019, 03:34 PM.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X