X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBS Sports - Bracket Predictions

By Jerry Palm
    UPDATED: Aug 01, 12:38pm

CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2024 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.

Teams of Interest:
    #3 Memphis
    #5 VCU
    #9 Oklahoma
    #10 Houston
    #10 Cincinnati
    #11 East Tenn State (Steve Forbes)
    #13 New Mexico State (Chris Jans)
    #14 Omaha
    #16 Abilene Christian

First Four Out:
    3rd - South Florida

Comment

If Houston and Cincy are both bad enough to be 10 seeds, I don't see them getting in ahead of WSU.

Comment

Bracketology with Joe Lunardi - ESPN

Updated: (July 30, 2019)

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

Teams of Interest
        4-seed Memphis (previous 4)
        5-seed VCU (previous 5)
        7-seed Houston (previous 7)
        9-seed Oklahoma (previous 9)
        10-seed Mississippi (previous 10)
        10-seed Cincinnati (previous 10)
        14-seed Loyola-Chicago (previous 14)

Last 4 In
        None

First 4 Out
        None

Next 4 Out
        None

Off the Board
        None
        Last edited by WuShock Reaper; August 23, 2019, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Updated: (August 12, 2019)

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Teams of Interest
          4-seed Memphis (previous 4)
          5-seed VCU (previous 5)
          9-seed Oklahoma (previous 9)
          10-seed Mississippi (previous 10)
          10-seed Cincinnati (previous 10)

Last 4 In
          None

First 4 Out
          None

Next 4 Out
          None

Off the Board
          None

Comment

Dumb

Comment

Updated: (August 28, 2019)

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Teams of Interest
              5-seed Memphis (previous 4)
              6-seed VCU (previous 5)
              8-seed Mississippi (previous 10)
              10-seed Oklahoma (previous 9)
              11-seed Cincinnati (previous 10)
              12-New Mexico State (previous 12)

Last 4 In
              Cincinnati (4th spot and very last team in)

First 4 Out
              None

Next 4 Out
              None

Off the Board
              None

Comment

Bracketology: September Update

by Jonathon Warriner
                posted: September 4, 2019

http://makingthemadness.com/bracketo...athonwarriner/

"September is here, which means we are now only two months away from having College Basketball back in our lives. The offseason focus for College Basketball has notably turned towards a look ahead into this year. While the majority of the focus in the sports world is on football, it is always College Basketball season here, so with that, I decided that it would be a good idea to dive into a brand new Bracketology which will come with a bit of a different format this time for all you returning readers. I will first show the updated Bracketology with the regions and all that like usual but then I will give a rundown region by region. Without any further introduction let’s get into my latest Bracketology....

Teams of Interest
                4-seed Memphis
                6-seed VCU
                7-Oklahoma State
                9-seed Cincinnati
                10-seed Mississippi
                11-seed Oklahoma
                11-New Mexico State (Coach Chris Jans)
                11-Missouri State (Coach Dana Ford)
                12-seed Houston
                13-seed East Tennessee State (Coach Steve Forbes)

First 5 Out
                None

Next 5 Out
                1st spot - Wichita State
                5th spot - West Virginia

Comment

Love and hate the little or no respect this team gets. By seasons end they will probably be deserving of a birth. Unfortunately pre season optics may very well keep them out unless they come up with some notable upsets in the AAC.

Comment

"Wolves dont worry about the opinions of sheep" The shockers not getting any respect from the national media writers, the chicken hawk and wild kitten's fans is nothing new. The shocks just need to beat the teams on their schedule. Get it done.

Comment

Our first year in the AAC hurt our national brand. I believe there was an underlying thought of "they're really great in the MVC, but they'd just be mediocre in a real league". Then we had a pre-season top-10 team that gave the skeptics a reason to believe they were right.

The Shox are going to have to prove again that they deserve some respect when it looks like they should expect a down year. Hard to get much respect from an NIT team that lost its' top 2 scorers. That has a bad look on paper.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Our first year in the AAC hurt our national brand. I believe there was an underlying thought of "they're really great in the MVC, but they'd just be mediocre in a real league". Then we had a pre-season top-10 team that gave the skeptics a reason to believe they were right.

The Shox are going to have to prove again that they deserve some respect when it looks like they should expect a down year. Hard to get much respect from an NIT team that lost its' top 2 scorers. That has a bad look on paper.
                        Uh, last I checked, WSU was a FG away at the buzzer from winning the league that year. WSU still finished in the Top15 nationally and was given a 4 seed in the tourney. Not really sure how I’d call that “mediocre”.

And the Marshall game would’ve been the same result if we were in the MVC that year. Upsets happen and that time it happened to bite us.

If anybody respects Marshall, they won’t be voting WSU 6th this year. MM and SHJ will be additions by subtraction this year.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Aargh
                          Aargh commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Read much? Notice that part in the quotation marks? I was giving the attitude of WSU's skeptics, not my own.

• ShockerFever
                          ShockerFever commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I’m not talking about the quotes. I’m talking about what you said outside the quotes in which our national brand was hurt and saying the skeptics were right. That has nothing to do with this year’s prognosticators. However, I do agree that people are sleeping on us based on your last paragraph. That’s where many will get burned again, just like in years’ past.

Losing a guy who the numbers indicate was a Top 5 player in the AAC last season will be addition by subtraction. High comedy.

KP.jpg
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Not sure about being addition by subtraction but I think we could have addition by momentun, growth and hopefully a new system that will focus more on a diverse, balanced offensive attack. We know we had some momentun finishing off last year. How much growth we will see since that time and how much the newcomers will be able to contribute are unknowns. I am expecting more offensive balance this year but again that may or may not be the case.

Comment

It's addition by addition. We've added guys who can score and create their own shot, which we didn't have with guys like Rod Brown and Ricky Torres last season. Not to mention that Stevenson and Burton shot around 25% from 3 last season.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                              It's addition by addition. We've added guys who can score and create their own shot, which we didn't have with guys like Rod Brown and Ricky Torres last season. Not to mention that Stevenson and Burton shot around 25% from 3 last season.
                              While I agree with your conclusion, I'm not sure it's reasonable to imply Stevenson and Burton will become better shooters while Brown and Torres will not improve.

I'm extremely bullish on 2020 WSU. But I think people are really undervaluing McDuffie. He was doing what he thought he needed to (and probably did need to) the first 20+ games last year. He was tremendous down the stretch. His effort, defense and rebounding really took off and led the team in that direction. He was also a size/skill mismatch for a lot of teams that will be difficult to replace.
                              Last edited by Cdizzle; September 5, 2019, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X