No announcement yet.

2019-20 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only idiots see logic in tearing past graduates and players down. I invest too much of my money and time to spend time in the past. I enjoy talking and hearing about the accolades of FVV, Landry Shamet, and others. I’m proud of their WSU service. In fact, I’m proud of seeing and visiting with Cheese Johnson at games who loved WSU enough to retire in Wichita and who has pulled in Teddy Allen who he now gives councel to on a regular basis. Concentrate on accolades and stop being like Fever and tearing down our past Shocker stars. Just my opinion. some of you who no longer live here and no longer have an investment in our city Ned to realize how much good Stallworth, Cheese, Jason Perez, etc. who live here, and others have done for our university and city. Any of these past basketball players could be our next local ambassador. Move on and leave our past players alone.

Comment

Simmer down Francis. Nobody is “tearing” anybody down. Easy on the name calling. We as fans can have an honest and logical discussion about the merits of players. As far as I can tell nobody is taking personal shots or name calling except you. I personally feel like our seniors this year took too many shots. That’s not saying they’re bad people or not great representatives of our university. By all accounts they are both outstanding young men who have made it much farther in their sport than most anyone else. I can appreciate both while also having my honest opinion. I won’t apologize to you for being honest and real.

And please don’t lecture me on appreciating previous players or not supporting Wichita State. Get off your high horse and have an honest discussion without resorting to childish tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        Only idiots see logic in tearing past graduates and players down. I invest too much of my money and time to spend time in the past. I enjoy talking and hearing about the accolades of FVV, Landry Shamet, and others. I’m proud of their WSU service. In fact, I’m proud of seeing and visiting with Cheese Johnson at games who loved WSU enough to retire in Wichita and who has pulled in Teddy Allen who he now gives councel to on a regular basis. Concentrate on accolades and stop being like Fever and tearing down our past Shocker stars. Just my opinion. some of you who no longer live here and no longer have an investment in our city Ned to realize how much good Stallworth, Cheese, Jason Perez, etc. who live here, and others have done for our university and city. Any of these past basketball players could be our next local ambassador. Move on and leave our past players alone.
        Funny that we can't comment on past players without being crucified but you can call other fans idiots. Nice work there.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I just looked back at the thread and can't figure out what anyone could possibly think constitutes tearing down seniors. MKRZ said more shot opportunities would open up, which is certainly true; I checked on and reported without any particular praise or criticism the shooting stats put up by the only two guys (well, aside from Chance Moore) that we know won't be back next year. I speculated that the Shocks will probably be a better shooting team, which is pretty uncontroversial even if you disagree. Steele noted that the seniors shot worse than the team as a whole did, which is neither happy nor sad, just simple fact.

No one complained, no one criticized. What's up, Shockm -- has your account been hacked by Fever?

Comment

The seniors did what they thought and probably what they were told they needed to do to help the team score. Many fans thought they shot to often and not always took good shots but that happens when they are told they are needed to put points on the board. Both of the seniors seem to be quality men both on and off the court. I hope both have a great future.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Absolutely agree, B1, on best wishes to both seniors on and off the court; and also to Ricky Torres as he chooses a new home for his final season. Ricky has faced some adversity in his days, and I hope he stays on the right path, relocates his three point shot, and has great success on the court and in life.

Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
            The seniors did what they thought and probably what they were told they needed to do to help the team score. Many fans thought they shot to often and not always took good shots but that happens when they are told they are needed to put points on the board. Both of the seniors seem to be quality men both on and off the court. I hope both have a great future.
            GGG endorsed everything the Seniors did from the first game to the last.

Comment

Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
              See what happens when your local newspaper is balderdash (rubbish) and you go and unsubscribe from it many, many years ago. You miss stuff. I never knew Ricky Torres was transferring. I'm like Sgt. Schultz "I know NOthing, NOTHing!"

Comment

• molly jabali
                molly jabali commented
                Editing a comment
                "rubbish"
                Once was clever
                Twice is cloying:)

• JVShocker
                JVShocker commented
                Editing a comment
                verb
                gerund or present participle: cloying
                disgust or sicken (someone) with an excess of sweetness, richness, or sentiment.
                "a romantic, rather cloying story"
                synonyms: become sickening, become nauseating, pall, become distasteful, become tedious, become tiresome;

If this is what you mean, well, I'll take it. This is mild mannered compared to a lot of what happens on message boards this time of year. Besides, it keeps us out of trouble.

Bracketology with Joe Lunardi - ESPN

Updated: (May 16, 2019)

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

Teams of Interest
              4-seed Memphis (previous 9)
              5-seed Houston (previous 2)
              7-seed VCU (previous 6)
              8-seed Oklahoma (previous 9)
              10-seed Cincinnati (previous 6)

Last 4 In
              None

First 4 Out
              None

Next 4 Out
              None

Comment

Has anyone ever compared past initial brackets to the actual one? I'd be curious to know how close he gets.

I realize, I could probably find it myself, but.... well I mean if someone already has.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Updated: (June 27, 2019)

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Teams of Interest
                  4-seed Memphis (previous 4)
                  8-seed Houston (previous 5)
                  7-seed VCU (previous 7)
                  8-seed Mississippi (previous 9)
                  9-seed Oklahoma (previous 8)
                  9-seed Cincinnati (previous 10)
                  13-seed Northern Iowa (previous NR)

Last 4 In
                  None

First 4 Out
                  None

Next 4 Out
                  None

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Updated: (June 27, 2019)

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Teams of Interest
                    8-seed Houston (previous 5)
                    7-seed VCU (previous 7)
                    8-seed Mississippi (previous 9)
                    9-seed Oklahoma (previous 8)
                    9-seed Cincinnati (previous 10)
                    13-seed Northern Iowa (previous NR)

Last 4 In
                    None

First 4 Out
                    None

Next 4 Out
                    None
                    Boo!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Lol - Amazes me the non-trusters of what Coach Gregg Marshall has and will continue to do. Track record Andy. Track record....
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        Lol - Amazes me the non-trusters of what Coach Gregg Marshall has and will continue to do. Track record Andy. Track record....
                        Yeap I agree. Reminds me of the year after the Final 4 where we were not ranked in preseabson magazine's because we lost E. Orupe, Carl Hall, Malcom Armstead, and D. WIilliams. The national media concluded that we were a nice little story and that now the shocks would go back to their Midmajor status and be forgotten.

The shocks went 35 and 1 and did not get any respect until we lost to Kentucky. Some say that game is one of top 10 games played in NCAA tournament.

Comment

Updated: (July 24, 2019)

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

Teams of Interest
                          5-seed VCU (previous 7)
                          7-seed Houston (previous 8)
                          9-seed Oklahoma (previous 9)
                          10-seed Mississippi (previous 8)
                          10-seed Cincinnati (previous 9)
                          14-Loyola (Chicago) (previous NR)

Last 4 In
                          None

First 4 Out
                          None

Next 4 Out
                          None

Off the Board
                          NR-seed Northern Iowa (previous 13)
                          Last edited by WuShock Reaper; August 23, 2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Only 3 from the AAC? Ohhh Joe.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                            X