2019-20 schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Only a bigot and an idiot would defend Mississippi so I have no desire to meet you either.
    Thanks for confirming my thoughts of you by responding with the typical fall back position of an uninformed Yankee liberal with apparently limited exposure to the world outside of Kansas.

Name calling in an attempt to support an indefensible statement is the sign of a limited intellect so taught Mrs. Land (my fourth grade teacher in a small rural Kansas school) in 1957.

Comment

• Topshock
      Topshock commented
      Editing a comment
      I've traveled all over the world you fool. That is how I know how reprehensible Mississippi is.

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    I remember the shock of driving through Mississippi on the way to Florida in the late 80's with my parents. People were living in shacks. It was like I was on a movie set in the Reconstruction. I'm sure Oxford is nice, but Mississippi looked like a third world country from what I saw. I wouldn't voluntatily go back to Mississippi.
    Have you driven through San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, Trenton, Chicago, etc. lately? In 1982 I took my family to Philadelphia to see the liberty bell and other historical sites, we drove through an area of the city that was worse than anything I have seen in any city in the South.

Poverty and "third world country" sites can be found in every State of the Union.

Comment

• BOBB
      BOBB commented
      Editing a comment
      Terrible areas of lots of places. I'm saying Mississippi casts a wider net than most.

• Shocker1976
      Shocker1976 commented
      Editing a comment
      All I am saying is you need to "broaden the width of your net" before you post "I wouldn't voluntatily (sp) go back to Mississippi." Drawing such an opinion based on a 30 year old childhood memory is suspect at best.

I have no desire to ever return to Patterson, NJ. Took a wrong exit off the parkway at about midnight in 2001. On the street were literal dumpster fires with people warming around them. Others were stealing stereos and TVs, or at least moving them in shopping carts. Someone threw a slurpy at our car as we drove through and got back on the parkway. I checked the news. No info, just a standard weeknight in Patterson.
    Livin the dream

Comment

anyone been to Vider, TX?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        anyone been to Vider, TX?
        I have been in Vidor, Texas; is that the small Texas city to which you refer?

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Thanks for confirming my thoughts of you by responding with the typical fall back position of an uninformed Yankee liberal with apparently limited exposure to the world outside of Kansas.

Name calling in an attempt to support an indefensible statement is the sign of a limited intellect so taught Mrs. Land (my fourth grade teacher in a small rural Kansas school) in 1957.
        In paragraph one you call name “yankee liberal”
        In paragraph two you lecture about name calling
        lol

Comment

Try Scenic, South Dakota! Have you seen “The Hills Have Eyes”? Yeah! Same place except we didn’t see any mutants. We only saw one old lady in a rocking chair and someone had brought the road closed sign back to the dirt road next to the gas pump and trailer house. The road closed sign was literally laying on the ground in front of this and the three boarded up shops. No cars and no buildings for 30 miles on the way there.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            I have no desire to ever return to Patterson, NJ. Took a wrong exit off the parkway at about midnight in 2001. On the street were literal dumpster fires with people warming around them. Others were stealing stereos and TVs, or at least moving them in shopping carts. Someone threw a slurpy at our car as we drove through and got back on the parkway. I checked the news. No info, just a standard weeknight in Patterson.
            Paterson*
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Paterson*
              I didn’t stop to ask for appropriate spelling. ;)
              Livin the dream

Comment

Will there be games next season in Vidor, TX or Paterson, NJ?

Thanks for blowing up this thread.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Seriously, what the hell is going on in this thread? Lol.

Comment

Women's pairings announced today, look for the men's to be forthcoming soon:

Previous Seasons
                  6/14/18 Men's Pairings Announced
                  6/08/17 Men's Pairings Announced
                  6/07/16 Men’s Pairings Announced
                  5/20/15 Men’s Pairings Announced
                  5/28/14 Men's Pairings Announced

Comment

Conference pairings to be announced at 10 AM tomorrow.

Comment

• WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Surely we’ll get ‘home and away’ with the Tigers...

They're out ...

http://theamerican.org/news/2019/6/1...-pairings.aspx

Home and Away: UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis, USF, Temple, Tulsa

HOME Only : ECU and Tulane

AWAY Only: UCONN and SMU
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Bullshit.

Comment

• Aargh
                        Aargh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Huh? ECU, Tulane, and SMU are looking like they will be toward the bottom of the league. It's generally considered to be a good thing to play just one game against the bottom of the league. UConn is the only game that looks like it may have been better. Perhaps swapping UCF and UConn would be better for WSU's status, but only having one bump in an unbalanced schedule isn't bad.

• WuShock16
                        WuShock16 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, as Aargh said, if we agree that Tulane, ECU, and SMU are the bottom 3, then we actually got the best grouping. No other team gets ALL of those 3. Is it unfortunate to not get UConn twice? Perhaps. That said, looking at the other teams, there’s no one with a “Single 4 group” that I’d rather have over ours.
                    Working...
                    X