The Official 2019-20 Preseason Thread-Spring Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

He will have to. How can everybody talk about Dennis as our next NBA player...he won't play in the league as a 3. He will play the 2 here at times.
    Perhaps as a junior, but Coach said he would play some 4 next year.

Comment

• Way to caught up I numbers here: “is he 2,3,4 oh what’s he gonna play”. Our offense is more complex than this analysis addresses.

Comment

• I'm not sure but I don't believe JB ever played the three and unless he is a legit three point threat
        I doubt he will. OTOH, ES did play the three spot this year when DD was sitting. I expect ES
        will play both 2/3 again. Regardless of stats I still believe ES is a legitimate three point threat and
        that our opponents view him as such. As for DD, I see him primarily as a SF unless were going with
        a very small line up. Having said that, when we play another team with a dynamic PF who is their
        best offensive threat you could certainly see him defend the four but play the three on offense.

Comment

• Dex can guard about anyone under 6’10”. He may surpass Cotton as our best defender in the Marshall era before it’s all said and done

Comment

• IndianaShocker
            IndianaShocker commented
            Editing a comment
            About anyone....except Jeremiah Martin?

• Best defender? Possible. 2 guard? Not even close, yet.

Comment

• DB also impressed me with some solid Defense and JE blocked many shots as our solid rim protector. Looking for even an improved Shocker team Defense next Season. If so, that will indeed result to an improved Season forthcoming.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• DB???
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Perhaps as a junior, but Coach said he would play some 4 next year.
                I will believe that when I see Dex play 4 other than a serious foul trouble situation, or a one-off unique matchup.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  I'm not sure but I don't believe JB ever played the three and unless he is a legit three point threat
                  I doubt he will. OTOH, ES did play the three spot this year when DD was sitting. I expect ES
                  will play both 2/3 again. Regardless of stats I still believe ES is a legitimate three point threat and
                  that our opponents view him as such. As for DD, I see him primarily as a SF unless were going with
                  a very small line up. Having said that, when we play another team with a dynamic PF who is their
                  best offensive threat you could certainly see him defend the four but play the three on offense.
                  I believe Burton played at the 3 several times while Samajae played the 1 early in the season. I have been wrong in the past though.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• wufan
                    wufan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I did look it up, and while there were numerous games where Burton and Torres combined to play 35-40 minutes (meaning they both played primarily or entirely PG), there were also numerous games where they combined to play 40-50+ minutes. Since Torres played exclusively at PG, that means that they were in the line-up together for several minutes. It’s safe to say that Burton would have played off ball at those times IMO.

• JB was on the court with both SHJ and RT in five games, 13:24 minutes scoring 14 and giving up 28
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    JB was on the court with both SHJ and RT in five games, 13:24 minutes scoring 14 and giving up 28
                    Thanks IM4. What about just RT?
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Is it possible we see a Point Forward in a Marshall offense? Think of the motions with that.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                      X