No announcement yet.

The Official 2019-20 Preseason Thread-Spring Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think the team is slightly better next year...less schizophrenic overall as a team. Tougher, more disciplined individuals began to lead the team.

Comment

Not going anywhere:
      Dex
      JB
      Erik
      JE
      Teddy
      AM

Likely to return:
      Ricky
      IPBC
      Mo

Anybodys Guess:
      The Rod

Noobs:
      TE
      Gordon
      Noah

Looks like Marshall is looking to add a 4/3. Ricky reminds me of Clevin.
      Do not sleep on Mo.
      Marshall is going to be blasting the bigs with how much better Wiseman is than them all summer.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Can't they just do both?

Comment

Really wish I could like Burton as much as some here do. I just don't see it. He's a nice player, but doesn't appear to be a difference-maker like Dexter.

Comment

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            He struggles offensively, but his defense last night was excellent on their 'bomber'. I think he'll surprise you next year and will be a 'stud'. And he'll learn to make open lay-ups. Insert 'beat head against wall' gif! :)

Cannot get over how poorly Torres played last night. Why can't he shoot???

Comment

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Torres is another story... agree, that wasn't one of his better games.

LOL...Yes we def need 2 new ones to replace the 2 seniors...Im pretty sure if Duff and SHJ didn't play this year, the Show would be playing Virginia on Saturday.

Comment

I understand why people love Burton, he’s big, a decent defender, good assist:turnover, etc., but man it’s like having Doug Gottlieb at PG. He has to be one of the worst shooters we’ve had here.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              I think you'll be surprised; he's been pretty solid at the line and his shot will improve. Gottlube was in a league of his own; this season, Torres could play in the same league.

• 1979Shocker
              1979Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd pick Burton over Torres. He's a better defender than Torres and a better overall offensive player.

Burton lead Torres in nearly all offensive categories.

If you are a cut throat coach, MO is the player you turn lose for a one year improvement. I doubt he plays much after the shoulder injury. Everyone else will be capable of contributing next year. I like Mo, so I don’t want to do this... but it is the one spot where you get something for nothing (if you only look at next season).

Comment

• shoxlax
              shoxlax commented
              Editing a comment
              That is a possibility few have mentioned.

• shock
              shock commented
              Editing a comment
              He was our best big before he went down

Originally posted by shock View Post
            Ricky reminds me of Clevin..
            in stature only. Clevin could stroke it.

Comment

• shock
              shock commented
              Editing a comment
              Its the way he moves with the ball. Like a cat

Originally posted by Dan View Post

in stature only. Clevin could stroke it.
            Clevin was consistent shooter both years.

I think what he meant was we are hoping for is a Joe Ragland type step up from a 30% shooter his Junior year to 50% his Senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
              Starting lineup:
              Torres
              Stevenson
              Dennis
              Allen
              Echinique
              If Torres gets starter minutes we are in a world of hurt.

Comment

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                I think you're on to something. :)

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I understand why people love Burton, he’s big, a decent defender, good assist:turnover, etc., but man it’s like having Doug Gottlieb at PG. He has to be one of the worst shooters we’ve had here.
              I don't understand how he gets to the cup and miss layups. He has got some skills but those missed layups are momentum killers. Like many of our new guys he need to work on his shooting.

Comment

• shoxlax
                shoxlax commented
                Editing a comment
                He anticipates contact and it doesn’t happen. Kind of like me back when I was on the dating circuit decades ago. He will figure it out. Didn’t he set some freshman records last night?

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                I said it above, Burton will be a 'stud'... he will learn to finish with authority.

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                My 'dating circuit' was before the dust bowl; we called it “the Dirty Thirties”... :)

Those were the days my friends...

https://media.giphy.com/media/7I9BbaWlxgyxa/giphy.gif

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
              Cannot get over how poorly Torres played last night. Why can't he shoot???
              Why was this a surprise? The only difference last night was he didn't take care of the ball the way he usually does. He showed once again last night he can't shoot and he lacks defensive presence. I just don't see a scenario where Etienne and Fernandez don't take many of Ricky's minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

If Torres gets starter minutes we are in a world of hurt.
                Nobody knows what that starting 5 is going to look like next year. I remember Coach saying many weeks ago that no spots are guaranteed for next year. You have to earn it. What a player did or didn't do this year will mean very little for next year.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Nobody knows what that starting 5 is going to look like next year. I remember Coach saying many weeks ago that no spots are guaranteed for next year. You have to earn it. What a player did or didn't do this year will mean very little for next year.

​​​​​
                  If Torres gets starter minutes something has gone wrong is all I am saying. He is not a high division-1 player and has proved it over and over again this season. I love his positive energy in the locker room videos though.

Comment

Working...
                  X