The Official 2019-20 Preseason Thread-Spring Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
    HCGM's Wikipedia says he's the head coach at Arkansas making $4.5 mil.

Might change our offseason plans if that's somehow true.
    I'm sure he is. Yawn. Arky fans must be getting desperate.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There is no offseason, but if you must, @KungWu then delete my thread I started.

Comment

Well, I guess two threads are good!

i expect 2-3 new faces
        The Assman

Comment

• Shock Top
          Shock Top commented
          Editing a comment
          Combine if you feel this title is more appropriate for the thread

• shoxlax
          shoxlax commented
          Editing a comment
          My fault, I didn’t see yours.

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        Hopefully Torres and Brown come back next year otherwise we will be short two scape goats for any potential losses.
        Find another angle please. You're tired.

Comment

Cry babies in this thread. We overachieved... period. Winning the NIT woulda been sweet.. But to whine about it is unecessary. 3G did a fantastic job of getting the most out of gutted and rookie roster.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
            Cry babies in this thread. We overachieved... period. Winning the NIT woulda been sweet.. But to whine about it is unecessary. 3G did a fantastic job of getting the most out of gutted and rookie roster.
            I'm happy with the way the year ended, disappointed as hell the way the last game ended, and do not think we need to fire Marshall yet (lol)

I'm also extremely happy about the future and the guys we have on the roster next year and going forward.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Damn I love this team and program. Its always kind of "empty nest syndrome" when season is over.

Comment

This post x's 1000

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  Hopefully Torres and Brown come back next year otherwise we will be short two scape goats for any potential losses.
                  I expect us to add a couple more shooters

Comment

The nucleus of Dex, Erik, Jamarius and Teddy is going to be formidable. Etienne, Fernandez and Gordon, on paper, look to be as good, if not better than this years class. That's 7 real solid pieces. Jaime needs to hit the weight room and maybe a Jane Fonda aerobics class. He's tired 30 seconds after the jump ball. Asbjorn just needs to have the same level of progression he had last year to this year. Maybe work on his footwork and get a little attitude .

Don't know about Udeze's shoulder, but i would like to see him redshirt if he's not 100% by the startof the season. No reason to waste a year, like what happened with him this year.

Brown looks real good in uniform. I don't know if there is any other redeeming quality on the court.

I think the AAC game is too much for Ricky. I don't see this as a "juco guys always take a year ti get the system". Even if that were the case, this is not the Valley. There is legit NBA talent on the court and it's just too much for him.

I would love to be completely wrong on Poor-Bear. I think he could be real good, he just can't get on the court. And when he does, he just looks lost. Problem is, he will probably have to stay if Udeze can't play.

As of now, i think we might have a similar record ad we did this year, but be a much better team. Houston and Cincy are still going to be at the top. Memphis might struggle early but they are bringing in one-and-done talent. USF brings everyone back. ECU is going to be the surprise of the league next year with all the big and long athletes they are bringing in. If Aubrey stays, UCF will still be solid. UCONN has a studs coming in but might be a year away. Tulsa and Temple look to be down and who knows what Hunter is going to bring to Tulane. I see a 23 - 25 win season going into selection Sunday and on the bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by Kashman View Post
                      The nucleus of Dex, Erik, Jamarius and Teddy is going to be formidable. Etienne, Fernandez and Gordon, on paper, look to be as good, if not better than this years class. That's 7 real solid pieces. Jaime needs to hit the weight room and maybe a Jane Fonda aerobics class. He's tired 30 seconds after the jump ball. Asbjorn just needs to have the same level of progression he had last year to this year. Maybe work on his footwork and get a little attitude .

Don't know about Udeze's shoulder, but i would like to see him redshirt if he's not 100% by the startof the season. No reason to waste a year, like what happened with him this year.

Brown looks real good in uniform. I don't know if there is any other redeeming quality on the court.

I think the AAC game is too much for Ricky. I don't see this as a "juco guys always take a year ti get the system". Even if that were the case, this is not the Valley. There is legit NBA talent on the court and it's just too much for him.

I would love to be completely wrong on Poor-Bear. I think he could be real good, he just can't get on the court. And when he does, he just looks lost. Problem is, he will probably have to stay if Udeze can't play.

As of now, i think we might have a similar record ad we did this year, but be a much better team. Houston and Cincy are still going to be at the top. Memphis might struggle early but they are bringing in one-and-done talent. USF brings everyone back. ECU is going to be the surprise of the league next year with all the big and long athletes they are bringing in. If Aubrey stays, UCF will still be solid. UCONN has a studs coming in but might be a year away. Tulsa and Temple look to be down and who knows what Hunter is going to bring to Tulane. I see a 23 - 25 win season going into selection Sunday and on the bubble.
                      I agree with all of this. It will be interesting to watch Coach Marshall and his staff recruit going forward.

Comment

Can we get Marshall one of those lifetime deals Calipari got?

Comment

As a practical matter, he already has one -- just not as much money.

Comment

I could see potentially Brown being a more athletic version of Rashard Kelly given time, but if anyone goes its him. I see no reason to lose Torres as he will he a SR and second JC transfers usually take big steps in coaches system. That being said I would be ok with a JC or Grad transfer 6-7 /6-8 stretch 4.

Comment

Starting lineup:
                              Torres
                              Stevenson
                              Dennis
                              Allen
                              Echinique

Comment

Working...
                              X