The Official 2019-20 Preseason Thread-Spring Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official 2019-20 Preseason Thread-Spring Edition

Start the roster, lineup, schedule discussion now.

Interesting season, but glad, in some ways, that it’s over.

Lots to work on and I anticipate roster turnover as well.

What say you?
    The Assman

Comment

• asiseeit
      asiseeit commented
      Editing a comment
      I won't throw any player under the bus - it's up to the coaches / players going forward. I just hope
      we keep our strong nucleus together. Collectively, our two seniors shot about 38% overall which was
      3% UNDER the team average and 32% from the arc just 1% better than the team average - these
      were our seniors. In addition, their assists and turnover ratio was below average. They both had some
      very good moments but neither had the consistency we needed. The team improved because of team
      defense but especially our centers and DD. JB settled us some at point and ES was a high energy
      player who, despite poor shooting at times, seemed to help team chemistry. I think he had the 2nd highest
      plus/minus, is that right?, and his defense improved greatly the last 12-15 games. 2019 looks bright to
      me in a very competitive league. The biggest key will be if we can sustain or even improve on our
      team defense because I believe team shooting percentages will be at least a couple % points better.
      Add in at least one pleasant surprise from a newcomer and we could be in the top 40 or even 30.
      Can't wait.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
      Downtown Shocker Brown commented
      Editing a comment
      Nm
      Last edited by Downtown Shocker Brown; April 3, 2019, 07:59 AM. Reason: Wrong post

We gotta shoot better

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
      We gotta shoot better
      No, we gotta take better shots. And with 80% of our bad shots exiting, that will help.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Hate to say it, despite our play at the end of the season, but I anticipate t/o. I don't know how I feel about that, but it is what it is.

Comment

If I was a betting man, I would say 2-3 more players leave/come in.

I have my own opinion on who won’t back.
          The Assman

Comment

Maybe this loss will motivate the young guys to play better team ball next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              If I was a betting man, I would say 2-3 more players leave/come in.

I have my own opinion on who won’t back.
              My God, that's a lot. I think Marshall would prefer to pull the plug on these players next year... providing he doesn't have Larry Bird waiting in the wings.

Comment

I have an opinion and would have to say after tonight RT and RB should consider their options. RT had
                an absolutely terrible atomic bomb in the first half that cost us 3-5 points. SHJ had one that cost us two and
                JE failed to get back on D three times for easy twos? RB no impact. I know MM and SHJ did some good
                things but they do alot of bad things for seniors. Their stud stepped up and our two didn't. Back to JE. The first
                one was totally NOT his fault as he had just driven for a basket. Guards were at fault. JE had some really
                nice defensive plays. Why, o why, did we not go inside more ?

Comment

You have to look at each guy individually and ask if they are doing things, or have the potential to do things that make this team better. A lot of people wanted to give AM his walking papers at the end of last year and he really blossomed, so keep that in mind when throwing guys under the bus.

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not walking papers, but I was frustrated with all the rave reviews he was getting from 3G that weren't translating to games. He couldn't stay in the games because he was a walking foul machine. Glad he figured it out.

• Topshock
                    Topshock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Rod Brown - send him back to Penny. Has no intensity whatsoever, can’t make a basket
                    Dexter Dennis - looks like a player, apparently practices well because 3G is gaga for him, but he does nothing but foul. Cut him loose.
                    Jamarius Burton - we don’t need a 6’4” power forward and there’s not minutes for him at PG next year, butter fingers, travels, bad passes. UNCC can have him.
                    Ricky Torres - hate to cut a senior with a baby but he’s crap. It’s obvious he never played organized ball.

the rest of the guys have something to work with. Sorrry if you love any of the above players, they hurt us more than they he,p us.
                    Sounds like walking papers to me.

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Seriously? Give it a rest

AM is not one of them.
                  The Assman

Comment

Freshman got a taste for big games. Next year, I think we will start off stronger in the non con. Looking forward to next year.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Hopefully Torres and Brown come back next year otherwise we will be short two scape goats for any potential losses.

Comment

• Topshock
                        Topshock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Really, you hope they come back?

HCGM's Wikipedia says he's the head coach at Arkansas making $4.5 mil.

Might change our offseason plans if that's somehow true.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        Hopefully Torres and Brown come back next year otherwise we will be short two scape goats for any potential losses.
                        So you want another NIT year?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                        X