Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Lipscomb (NIT Semifinal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Nope.
    Yup
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Nope.
      Are you arguing against yourself?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The collapse was a team effort plus give Lipscomb credit. And the refs.

IIRC we had like two wide open threes that could’ve pushed to lead to 14. They didn’t go in.

I agree we could’ve been more patient and got the ball inside but the other team is trying to stop us too.

Unforced errors, missed layups, and those WTF fast breaks off made baskets hurt.

McDuffie just couldnt hit his open looks.

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          McDuffie doesn’t play well in front of his family.

• pie n eye
          pie n eye commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess not.

• ShockerFever
          ShockerFever commented
          Editing a comment
          McDuffie doesn't play well when he plays hot potato with the basketball. It's like he couldn't get the ball out of his hand quick enough at the end. It was pretty appalling watching it all unfold so quickly.

• From the point we were up 61-50 to 30 seconds left, 7 of our 8 shots (that weren't fouled) were from the seniors. All misses.

That said. The year ended way better overall than I would have expected. It was a fun run

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post

If it wasn't for SHJ, we would have lost this game by another 10-15 points and would never have been in it.
          lol another person who thinks scoring is the only thing that matters in a basketball game.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Woodrow
            Woodrow commented
            Editing a comment
            Wish we had some scoring the last 8 minutes.

• ShockerFever
            ShockerFever commented
            Editing a comment
            When you force terrible shot after terrible shot and do not attempt to pass the basketball, don't count on it.

• 60Shock
            60Shock commented
            Editing a comment
            He played some pretty good defense as well. When is the last time a single Shocker player kept the opposing PG from getting the ball across half court? Sure, SHJ, a senior, made some stupid plays throughout the season, but this young man played his heart out, and we definitely would not have been selected to even be in the NIT, without his contributions..

• Call it what ever you want but it was a CHOKE. UP 11 and went into to prevent with your steadiest player
          on the bench - ES. Don't understand. PLUS / MINUS ! Once up 11 I commented to the group I was in
          that all we had to do is guard the three cause they couldn't come back going inside. Our guards, not ES, were
          not very good and MM disappeared. Disappointed but so happy to be there and in the AAC. Hope we
          learned something tonight. Stay aggressive and attack. We stopped doing that when up eleven. Ready to
          move on with the young guys.

Comment

• Marshall is looking for leaders in this freshman class...probably has them with more coming in next year. Two years out WSU will be well put together but probably not next year barring some miracle.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              Call it what ever you want but it was a CHOKE. UP 11 and went into to prevent with your steadiest player
              on the bench - ES. Don't understand. PLUS / MINUS ! Once up 11 I commented to the group I was in
              that all we had to do is guard the three cause they couldn't come back going inside. Our guards, not ES, were
              not very good and MM disappeared. Disappointed but so happy to be there and in the AAC. Hope we
              learned something tonight. Stay aggressive and attack. We stopped doing that when up eleven. Ready to
              move on with the young guys.
              I disagree that ES is our steadiest player.

Comment

• Aargh
                Aargh commented
                Editing a comment
                Stevenson was 2/7 from the field (28%) and 0/3 from 3. Unfortunately, for Stevenson, that actually is steady.

He did have 3 assists with no turnovers, so there is that, but when we needed a basket, he stepped out of bounds.

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, Aargh, the seniors were 9-31 from the field, which is basically the same as 2-7, and one of them stepped out of bounds too -- although 2-12 from three is certainly better than 0-3.

Still, the non-seniors were 15-37 overall and 3-11 from three, and WSU can win with that if they play defense, as they did pretty well most of tonight.

• 60Shock
                60Shock commented
                Editing a comment
                Eric is a very good passer and a decent re-bounder.. Plus he normally has great shooting form. Only problem is, which hopefully will be corrected, over the summer, is that he needs to get his shooting percentage up significantly..

• Can't wait to get some leaders in here. There are some on the team on their way though.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WSU will be good next year. We lose 2 seniors, but get Teddy Allen, and a good recruiting class
                Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• The big dance, book it!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 6 points given up on layups after a made basket. We lost by 7, really 5. SMH.

Comment

• Just what in the hell is there always this cramp about one or two players losing the game?

Everyone just loves to say their is no I in Team just as there is no I in Losing.

This was clearly a Team loss during the last 7-10 minutes, and for the most part, every Shocker who got on the court contributed to it.

Comment

• JVShocker
                        JVShocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Maybe not 40-0. Maybe 32-8 or so.

• Aargh
                        Aargh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        In that scoreless stretch, I watched SHJ and MM pass the ball back and forth to each other almost exclusively. It seemed like when one of the young guys passed it to a Sr, none of the young guys would touch it again unless they got a rebound. that's not how the lead was built. I t was how the lead was lost.

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Unfortunately, 60, there is definitely an I in "losing," just as there is in "seniors" (as indeed there was too often tonight), although I agree that the last eight minutes of misery were a total team effort.

Thanks to McDuffie for a great season and his leadership; thanks to SHJ for some big shots this season and for trying to settle down a couple of guys who forgot for a moment whose side they were on -- but tonight was not their night. Time to move on in anticipation of better things next year.

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                      Just what in the hell is there always this cramp about one or two players losing the game?

Everyone just loves to say their is no I in Team just as there is no I in Losing.

This was clearly a Team loss during the last 7-10 minutes, and for the most part, every Shocker who got on the court contributed to it.
                      lol
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• proud of the guys but we have a lot to work on. I think losing like this will make the year end meetings not as fun as they otherwise might have been for some of the guys.

Comment

• Topshock
                          Topshock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, I think they will go very badly for two players in particular. The two that will be moving on early.

• Aargh
                          Aargh commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm also thinking 2, one possibly a player decision rather than a coaching decision. One "popular"player may be gone, but there is only one "unpopular" player.
                      Working...
                      X