Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Lipscomb (NIT Semifinal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I suffering from selective memory or does it seem like we have had a string of guys struggle in front of the home town crowd? MM in NY (and @UConn considering the Hurley connection), ZB at Houston last year, Dexter at Tulane this year (though, hitting the game winner may totally disqualify him from this list). As bad as we want them to succeed in front of their friends and family, it's obvious they want it more.

Also, we got the ball to ES for a three pointer twice in the last 30 seconds. Admittedly, one was a really bad pass from Dexter, but it definitely reminded me of Stutz taking the three pointer against VCU in the NCAA tournament. ES and Stutz were both fine shooters, but we have a couple guys who have hit those shots this year.

Oh well. Everything in the NIT was gravy, and it's always fun to still have a rooting interest in April. The future is bright.

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      We had many very bad 3 point shots last night. Some I don’t think even found the rim.

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      I know Markis had a 'smh' clanker... oh, it actually didn't come close to 'clanking'.

• Just to add a little perspective, this is probably Lipscomb’s greatest season ever and they are playing for an NIT Title. Our worst season since 2010 and we were playing in the NIT Final 4. We have a bright future in front of us.

Comment

• I haven’t read the board because IQs tend to go down afterward and I want to maintain my faculties.

No one hit any shots after we got up 7 points in the final 3 minutes. If you keep the emotions out of your evaluations, Duff took a couple of questionable shots but we missed several good, open shots tooo. Dexter, Samajae, Jamie: and Duff all took and missed good, open shots.

Nothing new here. We we need a couple of good shooters. Everyone played hard but we couldn’t make shots when we needed to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      Didn’t get a chance to watch the game, and since I’m just now on here, let’s just say I’m not surprised to see the usual suspects pissing and moaning about Samajae and Markis. We get it, you hate them and are glad they’re gone.

They could shoot 100% for the game, and you all would still ***** about their shot selection somehow. Spare us all the sanctimonious BS. We don’t win 15 (hell, maybe 10) games without them this season.
      lol and then there’s the group that believes the seniors are infallible.

Really got a chuckle from a guy who made a comment after not watching the game.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Watcher,
        Dan hit it right on the head - HCGM had decided that his SR's were the reason they got there and was going to let them decide the final outcome - no matter what.
        I get the loyalty to the SR's to a point. They absolutely guided the young players and no way does this team go on the 13-3 run without them. They were leaders on the floor, but even more important was how they lead off the floor. I don't think any on SN have any idea of how much they did for the newbies getting used to Wichita, college basketball and life.
        But if you deny HCGM can be stubborn, then wake up. He is who he is and stubbornness is one of his traits and not changing anytime soon. He made up his mind about letting them decide the outcome last night and wasn't going to adjust or change his thought process.

His comment after the game kind of sums it up - "I don't have an explanation. I'll have to watch the film."

That is all.
        Coach Marshall stubbornness is his strength but it also his weakness. It is who he is and I am very glad he is our coach. Go shocks time to start getting ready for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

lol and then there’s the group that believes the seniors are infallible.

Really got a chuckle from a guy who made a comment after not watching the game.
          Oh they were fallible but he is right...10 wins max w/o them on the court.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGOWJ GOSHOX View Post

Oh they were fallible but he is right...10 wins max w/o them on the court.
            What I think some are not including in the equation is our underclassmen found themselves standing around to some degree when SHJ & Markis had the ball, because they knew what was going to happen. Without our seniors there would have been an entirely different offensive structure. We would have won more that 10 games, but less than 22. Probably in the neighborhood of 15-16.

Comment

• Pretty good season, given what we looked like in the fall.

Comment

• proshox Here is the shot you think we needed a time out after that was poor. Can someone explain the issue here?
                Attached Files

Comment

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We're gonna need a microscope to decipher that...

• proshox
                  proshox commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It was a good look. I think we ran about thirty seconds of clock throughout three possessions. Finding the fine line between aggression and stalling too early. I was fine with the look, but so much with three quick shots.

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                I'm pulling this from the ESPN play-by-play. (some plays not included)

Up 61-50 with 8:14 to go.

Missed 2 by SHJ 13 seconds into the possession
                Missed 3 by MM 14 seconds into the possession
                Missed 3 by SHJ 11 seconds into the possession

To this point, we still had an 11 point lead with 6:46 left.

We were outscored 3-21 from that mark.

For the game, SHJ and MM shot 29%. The rest of the team shot 41%
                Memories are faulty. Here are all 3 of those shots. One contested meh shot. And 2 wiiiiiide open 3s. The seniors missed shots yes. No they didn't force garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

Memories are faulty. Here are all 3 of those shots. One contested meh shot. And 2 wiiiiiide open 3s. The seniors missed shots yes. No they didn't force garbage.

While they were wide open, they were still 3s, and REALLY early in the clock when we had a big lead. They came as part of scrambles down the court, which also meant our team wasn't set for rebounding, so Lipscomb was able to get down the court and get some really good shots too.

They weren't horrible shots, just shouldn't be chucking 3s that early in the clock when you have been cold all game from 3.

Comment

Lmfao.

Hillarious. Will defend til the end, which is now, thankfully.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ShockCrazy
                      ShockCrazy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm glad you have conceded these are good shots since you have no rebuttal other than "Lmfao" because you have never not once made an actual basketball explanation via stats, video, or just general knowledge to one of my points. EVER. Not once. Just general platitudes about how the seniors are terrible and LOLs. It's almost like you don't know what you are talking about. Weird.

• ShockerFever
                      ShockerFever commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry I didn’t record the game for sure fire analysis. I did however watch the game with my own two eyes.

Shall we review the other 15 shots that you didn’t screenshot of not-so-high quality that totally kills your nonstop blind defense?

Doubtful.

• ShockCrazy
                      ShockCrazy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Your eyes lie to you all day. Proof is right here. Replay is on ESPN3 go for it. I'll be waiting.

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

While they were wide open, they were still 3s, and REALLY early in the clock when we had a big lead. They came as part of scrambles down the court, which also meant our team wasn't set for rebounding, so Lipscomb was able to get down the court and get some really good shots too.

They weren't horrible shots, just shouldn't be chucking 3s that early in the clock when you have been cold all game from 3.
                    That's god awful logic. You really think if we run our offense for another 15 seconds we get a better look? I sure as hell don't I've watched this offense sputter and stall all year numerous times. Time on the clock should NEVER be a consideration for a shot if time left is more than a couple minutes and you are literally in range of running out the clock. There is too much game time left to begin thinking you should stall it out. So wait... we aren't in position to rebound, meaning further from the basket, but they were able to get the boards and beat us down the floor and get easy baskets. Please explain that logic for me?

Comment

That's god awful logic. You really think if we run our offense for another 15 seconds we get a better look? I sure as hell don't I've watched this offense sputter and stall all year numerous times. Time on the clock should NEVER be a consideration for a shot if time left is more than a couple minutes and you are literally in range of running out the clock. There is too much game time left to begin thinking you should stall it out. So wait... we aren't in position to rebound, meaning further from the basket, but they were able to get the boards and beat us down the floor and get easy baskets. Please explain that logic for me?
                      Because our offense for some reason was centered around two 35% FG shooters that take lots and lots of bad shots.

I don’t think I’ve seen so many air balls ever between two players before, which are unrecorded turnovers.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• NM

Comment

Working...
                        X