2019 NIT Final Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    Trying to decide which team is a better matchup for us...
    not impressed by either team so far

Comment

The Dorn kid is going crazy, but Dex would shut him down no doubt.

Comment

Walker for NCST looks like the bad guy from every 80s movie.

Comment

Our D will cause big problems with either one of these guys. If we're hitting shots, I like our chances.

Comment

This is 1 very entertaining game
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Doesn't appear Tad will be joining us in MSG this time.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Question.

If someone is fouled while shooting in the NIT and the fouling team is over the 5-foul limit, and the shot goes in, are two free throws awarded?
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Seems unlikely, Aargh -- all the NIT is doing is dividing the game into quarters for foul purposes while retaining the traditional men's structure of 20 minute halves. Their experimental foul arrangement ends up being much like the NBA's, and in the NBA game, it's still just "and one" if the shot goes in.

Plus, if one could get "and two," we'd have probably heard of a possible five point play somewhere along the line by now when a three point shooter got fouled while hitting his shot.

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  nm
                  Last edited by WSUwatcher; March 27, 2019, 11:20 PM. Reason: duplication

I don't think it will be like this, but they've got no one to stop Markis, and if he goes on a heater with all the family in attendance, watch out because he'll drop 10+ threes.

Comment

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ^^^This. that's what I noticed on their roster. Lipscomb doesn't seem to have the personnel to cover both McDuffie and a post player. If they adjust their lineup to compensate for the Shox matchup problems, they compromise their arsenal from 3.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I don't think it will be like this, but they've got no one to stop Markis, and if he goes on a heater with all the family in attendance, watch out because he'll drop 10+ threes.
                And that’s exactly what I’m afraid of. Mark will wanna NBA showtime it in front of his fam at MSG and shoot us out of a game against a really good shooting team.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• choida
                  choida commented
                  Editing a comment
                  At this point gotta ride our dude... All in... Full steam ahead... Literally playing with house money...pun intended

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And that’s exactly what I’m afraid of. Mark will wanna NBA showtime it in front of his fam at MSG and shoot us out of a game against a really good shooting team.
                Markis has been REALLY good in the NIT so far, and well March in general. SHJ on the other hand seems to save us only after nearly killing us himself.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I just just like to watch the Shockers play (I don't care) an ugly game if need be, but get a win. If MM's shots come in rythym - within the flow of the game - and he gets to make 10 threes, that's fine. But if he comes in hero-ball style and forgets there are 4 other guys on the floor with him, I may end up turning the channel to watch "House Hunters International." After watching, I might even be able to point MM in the right direction next season as to where he can find a good place to live while he's playing overseas. :poster_shocks:

Comment

Markis has been consistent this year. As has been said on here prior, Markis always plays hard.

When he's offensively on, he's really on, and he's difficult to stop. He takes bad shots from time to time and he makes difficult (bad) shots seemingly as much as he misses them (I have yelled at my tv for him taking bad shots when he misses them and then I catch myself yelling at his seemingly bad shot and he makes it). That is Markis. However, when other players are making shots (such as Dexter against Clemson), Markis is much more likely to become more of a passer and facilitator than if he senses the team badly needs his scoring and is in trouble without it.

I don't see this scenario changing. If Samajae, and Eric are going off, and making shots or if Jamie or Dexter are making shots, Markis forces shots less than if the team is "cold" and needing help. I no longer worry about Markis. However, if our team goes cold and Markis also goes cold, while we have usually found other ways to win, this is a scenario where we might not be successful against Lipscomb. They didn't make the Final 4 in the NIT by not being a good team.

Comment

that game last night was a strange matchup because both teams shoot the crap out of it and neither played much D. It's hard to figure out what it would be like playing them. For our sake, I would rather play Lipscomb just because I think we are more of a mismatch against them and far superior athletically and size-wise. Like we did against Furman, we have to cover up the perimeter and force them to take inside shots against our bigs. They didn't show any post play last night so I don't know how they will deal with this. Likely try to pull the bigs to the perimeter and drive on us would be my guess. We certainly have to hit shots to win this game, but I expect us to muck it up a bit in order to get them out of their comfort zone. It won't be pretty so I expect lot of hand wringing once again.

Comment

It will be our Defense vs their Offense. Or DD locking up Matthews as much as possible, while the rest of the guys score 1 more than them. Keep it low scoring and we are going to Final.

Comment

Eric seems to be carving out a nice sixth man role lately... Instant offense off the bench when things get a stale...I think that would be perfect for him next year... Of course as long as he can keep his ego in check and be ok with not starting. Manu Ginobili, Jamaal Crawford and most recently Lou Williams come to mind

Comment

Working...
                          X