Wichita State at Indiana (NIT Quarterfinals) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

I'm all with ya there brother...but in the grand sceme of things its the NIT. On a micro-level at WSU its a big thing...but not on a national scale.
    Maybe but if this was regular season...

NET Ranking
    @35
    @41
    @53

That's three straight ROAD Q1 wins in a week

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
      OK that play by AM is the play of the game. Talk about hustle.
      Was that the play during the time Seth Greenberg cut into the broadcast and he and Dakich were BSing about nothing related to the game and the announcers totally ignored what was happening on the court. That was one of the more embarrassing broadcasting moment I can recall. Big time bush league.

Comment

• Maizerunner08
        Maizerunner08 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, that would be the play. Talk about dropping the ball. Almost as annoying as when the camera guy was looking at that IU player's leg and we apparently had a turnover.

• WuShock16
        WuShock16 commented
        Editing a comment
        I made some quasi-annoyed comment at the TV during this. My wife initially thought I was complaining about something she did. I quickly clarified my comment. I can make her mad on my own. No need to get her mad over something not about her.

• Husker4Shockers
        Husker4Shockers commented
        Editing a comment
        That's become standard for announcers lately. They don't really call the game, and half the time they're rambling about something that's not even closely related to the game at hand: what they had for dinner last night, some other game, some player on another team, yada yada yada. I'm sick of it.

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
      We are a tournament team now. We could have knocked off a couple of teams depending on the match-up.
      We already did. :bball_spin:

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Maybe but if this was regular season...

NET Ranking
        @35
        @41
        @53

That's three straight ROAD Q1 wins in a week
        That will NEVER register on a national scale

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe just the NIT, but might have been the perfect scenario for this young team. Yes, it’s a consolation prize to still be playing and something I’m not ashamed of.

• NCAABound
          NCAABound commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh no i agree its a good scenario for this team. Was quoting the NIT Stuff for another reason

• Husker4Shockers
          Husker4Shockers commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe it will at least get them a mention on Channel 12 sports. This is OUR town and OUR team; the Shockers should be the lead story every night! But you'd think the program originated in Lawrence or Manhattan. The night after the selection shows it was KU!, and then K-State!, and then...oh yeah; the Shockers will be playing in some other tournament somewhere. Just another instance of the city of Wichita's inferiority complex, I guess.

• we forgot to record the game.....:(

Comment

• WuShock16
          WuShock16 commented
          Editing a comment
          WatchESPN replay online

• ShockerDropOut
          ShockerDropOut commented
          Editing a comment
          ESPN3 is your friend.

• We have now won EIGHT straight NIT games.

Comment

• Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
          We have now won EIGHT straight NIT games.
          Check out the statistical brilliance of SHOXAAC in the NIT Final 4 Thread. :-)

Comment

• Postgame presser is in this. Love seeing Marshall like this. Can barely contain his enthusiasm! He has worked hard and deserves to enjoy this!
            Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall talks about his team's win over Indiana to advance to the NIT final four, and talks about a superstitious act that goes back to the team's 2011 NIT run.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• 1979Shocker
              1979Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Is there a link? I've used up all my free articles for the month.

• Anybody get a replay of that block by ES? I saw it live on ESPN and it looked like nothing but ball, not even close to a foul!

Comment

• Pigman
              Pigman commented
              Editing a comment
              hand on top of the ball, slowed it down to frame by frame and he had the ball before any body contact. in the old days before offence was all that mattered that's never a foul on the defender!

• Okay. This is getting to be fun despite the occasional hiccups along the way. I think this team seems to have taken a liking to winning somewhat ugly and gritty. I'll take it.

Very happy for Markis. Playing in MSG might very well be a career highlight for him. Hopefully, he can keep his emotions in check.

Comment

• Can’t really add anything but wanted to comment on what a joy it is to be a fan of these kids. We ain’t no blue blood. We ain’t no mid major. And it’s almost sad that these blue bloods can’t appreciate a run like we are on for what it is. So so proud of these guys. Yeah. I’d rather they be in the dance, but the story of this season will be so fun to replay and enjoy for years to come. They should be so proud. Love those Shockers!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                ES is a tough SOB. The illegal screen elbow he took to the head would have knocked a lot of players out cold. He took a couple minutes, shook it off and came back to kick ass (and shoved it right up the ass clown fans ass!).
                When the rest of the team didn't hustle back on an Indiana fast break, he jumped every other players ass. That kid hates losing and is a born leader.

That is all.
                Now that Stevenson is your new crush will you let Hatch out of your basement, or have you already made a suit out of his skin?

I kid because I care.

But seriously, will you let Graham go?
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I'm beginning to think that along with this team starting to gel in the last couple of months this coaching staff seems to be gelling as well.

Comment

• Finally watched the replay on espn u. Man Dexter Dennis is gonna go pro by his Jr season. For sure by his senior season. He’s so damn good! Also thought it was stupid of IUs students to boo ES every time he got the ball after that hard hit he took from an IU player. Great game! Glad our guys got MM back home for his final couple of games. I say couple cuz I expect us to win it all baby!
                    Shocker Alumni
                    Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                    Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• How 'bout a Fresca?!!

Comment

Working...
                      X