Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    16-0 TCU to start the 2nd half lol.
    So much for the fun idea of a possible CU-WSU final.

Oh well, at least CU got that S16 they’ve been praying for for so long. Guess they maybe should’ve been more specific with their prayers to the basketball gods though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
      OMG. I AM IMPRESSED! This team has just blossomed. To go into Indiana and handle that atmosphere...just wow. One of my all time favorite wins for sure!
      Going into these places and dominating Historic Powers at their place in a MAJOR rebuilding year. What else can be said for that?? Surely there's some national coach of the trea award worthy to be handed to Marshall?

Can you guys imagine the new recruits seeing the absolute joy these guys are having on the national stage, in a big time atmosphere for a MAJOR program.

F#&- yea. F#&- yea.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Unreal that this team will be playing basketball in April.
        April. APRIL! FRICKING APRIL!!

Everyone please stand up who thought 3 months ago that we would be lacing it up in April. And one of 8 teams still playing! ONE OF 8 TEAMS STILL PLAYING!

Holy ****, where's the Tylenol!

Comment

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I was on the "Wait 'til next year" bandwagon halfway through the season; never happier to be proven wrong!

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post

Going into these places and dominating Historic Powers at their place in a MAJOR rebuilding year. What else can be said for that?? Surely there's some national coach of the trea award worthy to be handed to Marshall?

Can you guys imagine the new recruits seeing the absolute joy these guys are having on the national stage, in a big time atmosphere for a MAJOR program.

F#&- yea. F#&- yea.
        I'm all with ya there brother...but in the grand sceme of things its the NIT. On a micro-level at WSU its a big thing...but not on a national scale.

Comment

• Between the start of the AAC tourney and now, we’ve jumped about 40 spots in kenpom. Just six games. That’s insane.

Comment

• A team that reaches the NIT final four is a team that peaked late in the season and is comparable to at least a round of 32 team or a maybe even sweet 16 with the right matchups.

Also last time WSU was in this position it set off a 7 year dominant run.

According to warren Nolan, the only rpi I can find that is still calculating, we are now roughly a top 50 team...

Comment

• We are a tournament team now. We could have knocked off a couple of teams depending on the match-up.

Comment

• Dave Stalwart
                Dave Stalwart commented
                Editing a comment
                A tournament team that is 14-3 and counting to end the season and we are full of freshman and sophomore contributors

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Between the start of the AAC tourney and now, we’ve jumped about 40 spots in kenpom. Just six games. That’s insane.
              Defensive efficiency on Kenpom has jumped from 106 to 48 as well in just a few weeks.

Comment

• bunck
                bunck commented
                Editing a comment
                Our D skyrocketed today, I think we were 65 before the game started.

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                That's the real key, champ -- defensive rating is down to 97.1 (49th) as I type this, which is a marked improvement. The offense hasn't done much climbing if any, but the D has really locked down, which is the kind of Shocker basketball we (and 3G) have come to know and love in recent years (and the kind that disappeared last season).

• When I was a greenhorn in one of my first jobs, I had a boss who said "If you ain't makin mistakes you ain't doin nothin". He would grin, shake his head, turn around, and just walk away.
              I've seen HCGM do this on the sidelines quite a few times this season. But like my old boss, set the right tone and made the kids better.
              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

• I love Erik

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  We are a tournament team now. We could have knocked off a couple of teams depending on the match-up.
                  Give us Oregon’s spot and tell me we aren’t playing Virginia in Louisville on Thursday night.
                  78-65

Comment

• Comment

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Some clown in the comments / responses seems to think 3G would go to Arkansas? Not a snowball's chance in August.

• Comment

• Comment

•  
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                        X