No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Indiana (NIT Quarterfinals) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot to mention Torres again with solid performance in limited minutes.

Comment

• Maizerunner08
      Maizerunner08 commented
      Editing a comment
      He's been really steady. I was on the fence about him early on, but now I'm all in. Same can be said about AM. He is going to be a beast next season.

• 1979Shocker
      1979Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm still not sure about RT yet. He has a good mid-range jumper and is a pretty good driver and passer, but if he can't make his 3's, that's going to limit him. As for AM, his play from the beginning of the season to now is like night and day. I look for him to be even better next year.

• pie n eye
      pie n eye commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta hope he can find the 40+% three point shooting from Juco last year. Or hell, I’d take 30%.

• Why does Seth Greenberg have to point out he was missing a player when we beat them in the NIT in 2011?

I cant really fathom our coach or Archie Miller doing that eight years after the fact

Comment

• bunck
      bunck commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I was laughing about that too. I thought the tape was on a loop.

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      We weren't expecting to be without Landry Shamet and Austin Reaves this year either. **** happens,
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 27, 2019, 04:12 PM.

• choida
      choida commented
      Editing a comment
      He's still haunted by it... excuses is why he makes picks and don't coach anymore

• Who has video of the locker room festivities?

Comment

• KSUUWSU
      KSUUWSU commented
      Editing a comment
      I do but don’t know how to post.

• Shocker #HappyDance in the locker room was awesome!!!
    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
    - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Seth Greenburg already calling WSU an NCAA team next year. Foregone conclusion.
      Thats half the battle winning over the media!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Seth Greenburg already calling WSU an NCAA team next year. Foregone conclusion.
        The stretch run of this season hopefully gives the team a ton of motivation during the off season and confidence going into next year.

We’re on the up but I’m with you, it’s far from a foregone conclusion. We don’t get to carry any of these wins into next year so we’ll have to prove we can carry this forward.

That being said, given some good health and a similar trajectory for next years freshmen and it has the potential to be a fun March.

Comment

• At least we aren't deusional saying 3G plays certain players for their academics like IU

Comment

• S16 next season. I'll refer back to this thread when it happens.

Comment

• Love our Coach. Love the shocks. So proud of this team and my home city. Now let's go win in NY. Going to be fun to go to work tomorrow.

Comment

• From their board —

Their coach is constantly adjusting his wristwatch, sometimes flipping his wrist violently, at other times adjusting with his right hand. Indicative of major issues. Emotional outbursts likely.

Glad to see the watch adjustment bothered them as much as it used to the Redbirds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                  From their board —

Their coach is constantly adjusting his wristwatch, sometimes flipping his wrist violently, at other times adjusting with his right hand. Indicative of major issues. Emotional outbursts likely.

Glad to see the watch adjustment bothered them as much as it used to the Redbirds!
                  And owning your team/coach in the postseason in 3 out of the last 5 years.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                    Shocker Mama commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha! And his brother!

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                  From their board —

From the school that employed Bobby Knight.

Comment

• 16-0 TCU to start the 2nd half lol.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                      Found this gem on an IU board. I'm not sure how to embed a tweet.

I’ve just been told by two people at this game that Gregg Marshall’s wife is screaming at IU’s student section and “talking shit” to the students. Seems on brand. #iubb

You don't mess with LM.
                      I knew this was coming tonight. Some of IU fans are just like KU, and Kentucky fans.

Comment

• shoxilla
                        shoxilla commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LM = Wonder Woman you don't think HCGM is doing this all by himself ?

• 1 comment
                      • Topshock
                        #237.1
                        Topshock commented
                        4 weeks ago
                        Agree with most all of this particularly the coaching. For what they have had to work with this year I think the coaching staff has done an excellent job this year. Was never worried about the large class because always thought it would work itself out in a year or two with part of that process being finding out that some are over matched at this level. Part of being a good coach is being able to make those decisions
                      This was in response to an Aargh comment after the Memphis loss at home. I believe his and my comment were the first on this board heralding the great job GM and his staff have done this year. Obviously we were a little ahead of our time.

As i stated last game, I saw a toughness in this team developing against Clemson.
                      Tonight they played better and took that toughness even a higher level.

GM is a master at putting together and developing teams. I believe he from time to time will struggle with an in game decision but if you look at the whole package he is about as good as it gets and as I have said before a perfect fit at WSU.

Comment

Working...
                      X