Wichita State at Indiana (NIT Quarterfinals) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finish it all.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Intriguing trip to NY. Could see Tad Boyle there. Might see Shaka. And ole McD. Should be fun.

Comment

• The odds of this season ending as a disappointment were fairly high, IMO. I couldn't be happier for this team to have turned things around together and for McDuff to go out as a shocker in NY. I am so happy for this team, they absolutely earned every bit of it and hope they have a blast in NY.

Comment

• We're on the 8 year cycle. Win NIT, 7 years of NCAA tournaments. Repeat.

Comment

• Maizerunner08
            Maizerunner08 commented
            Editing a comment
            Now you're talking my friend.

• shock-it-to-me
            shock-it-to-me commented
            Editing a comment
            Just afraid DD won’t be here in two years. Better make it next year!

• 1979Shocker
            1979Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            I think he'll be here at least 3 years (as long as Shamet was).

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
          DD streakier than a nudist colony!
          I see what you did there.

Comment

• SHJ 8-8 from the line, Erik 4-4

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              Onions!

• SHJ is ice on the FT line. If we need FTs to close out a game, I want him shooting.

Comment

• We just flat ass outplayed them on their vaunted court. What a bunch of punk asses booing Stevenson. He is a super tough dude.

Comment

• DJShocker10
                DJShocker10 commented
                Editing a comment
                I don’t know if Coach has said it, but I’d imagine he sees a lot of himself in ES. He may not ever be the best player on the court for us, but he won’t be outhustled and he won’t take any **** either. I loved how he took charge after our guys took their time and got beat back to the defensive end. So glad we get him for three more years.

• jdmee
                jdmee commented
                Editing a comment
                I was a little scared for JE after that last rebound. The way ES was calling for the ball if Jamie didn't give to him he might gone after Jamie.

• Whats our record since the low point?

Comment

• bunck
                bunck commented
                Editing a comment
                I think we've won 14 of the last 17

• Start spreading the news! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEjq8ZoyXuQ
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I couldn't watch the game, what's the deal about the booing of Erik Stevenson?

Comment

• Maizerunner08
                  Maizerunner08 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There was a hard moving screen that ES got caught in. ES is hurt. Crowd doesn't like the call. Crowd proceeds to boo ES rest of the game. But we were told they were some of the most intelligent fans in CBB. Seems to add up.

• Now to watch CU lose in agonizing fashion.

Comment

• shockrah
                  shockrah commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wonder if Grant Gibbs is still playing for them...

• shoxilla
                  shoxilla commented
                  Editing a comment
                  GG is the guy on the end of the bench with the schlong wig.

• Unreal that this team will be playing basketball in April.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                  I couldn't watch the game, what's the deal about the booing of Erik Stevenson?
                  He pulled his pants down to show his big balls...and they didnt take too kindly.

Comment

• Maizerunner08
                    Maizerunner08 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nominee for best comment of the thread.

• SHJ is maddening at times, especially with some of his decisions. He doesn't see the floor well and is not a very good passer. But tonight he did run the point when Burton went AWOL and hit his FT's when it mattered.
                  DD is an absolute stud and hit a huge trey when it looked like things might fall apart. His trey to extend the lead was a definite 'sit down, shut up' stroke.

ES is a tough SOB. The illegal screen elbow he took to the head would have knocked a lot of players out cold. He took a couple minutes, shook it off and came back to kick ass (and shoved it right up the ass clown fans ass!).
                  When the rest of the team didn't hustle back on an Indiana fast break, he jumped every other players ass. That kid hates losing and is a born leader.

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• shocksrbest
                    shocksrbest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't know how many times he had the lob over the top off of a high screen and roll...and never threw it. It was there most of the game.

• IndianaShocker
                    IndianaShocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not nearly as bad as JB's "miss". He had DD for a 2nd half lob & couldn't pull the trigger. Felt like an SC Top 10 out the window.
                Working...
                X