• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    fapfapfapfapfap
    You better believe it!

T

...:cool:

Comment

Dex personifies a blend of Kel, X, and Samuel L Jackson (you know which one I'm talking about), IMHO.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Dexter Dennis defensively denies, delightfully delivers and definitively dunks with the Thunder!

Comment

One of the things that amazes me about Dexter is how smooth his shot looks. He's only been playing right handed for a few years. He apparently tinkered with his right hand after his initial injury and surgery at the before his freshman year in high school. After his 2nd surgery in his junior year he committed to totally switching to a righty.

I assume every one knows that story but if not here's the run down:

The Shockers scrimmage at 2 p.m. Saturday at Koch Arena, giving fans their first look at a team featuring 11 newcomers.

Comment

Dexter is a the epitome of what the Shox need all AAC recruits need to be.

He is BAMF to the nth degree.
            The Assman

Comment

Anybody notice that Dexter is like top 5 on the nerdiest white nerd names in history? Dennis is probably top 50. That just makes him even more badass in my book. He's an original!

T

Comment

• wufan
                wufan commented
                Editing a comment
                He needs some Carl Hall glasses to complete the package.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              One of the things that amazes me about Dexter is how smooth his shot looks. He's only been playing right handed for a few years. He apparently tinkered with his right hand after his initial injury and surgery at the before his freshman year in high school. After his 2nd surgery in his junior year he committed to totally switching to a righty.

I assume every one knows that story but if not here's the run down:

https://goshockers.com/news/2018/10/...ays-right.aspx
              Tough to switch, but otoh, if you can do it, you can learn with good form without having to overcome and discard bad habits
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Dex needs to stay hot as he'll have to guard that Matthews kid who just dropped 44 on NC State. Dude is shooting 40 percent from three and has averaged 20 plus PPG the past three years.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                  Dex needs to stay hot as he'll have to guard that Matthews kid who just dropped 44 on NC State. Dude is shooting 40 percent from three and has averaged 20 plus PPG the past three years.
                  Give him his points. Though not likely that many with our D.
                  provided the rest of our team can shut down the rest of them.
                  They are not a balanced team.

Our bigs should dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by California Shocker View Post

Give him his points. Though not likely that many with our D.
                    provided the rest of our team can shut down the rest of them.
                    They are not a balanced team.

Our bigs should dominate.
                    Without a doubt his game against NC State was impressive. The other games weren't as much.

NC State Game - 14/24, 8/13 from 3, 44 pts
                    UNCG - 6/17, 3/11 from 3, 23 pts
                    Davidson - 4/12, 1/6 from 3, 14 pts.

He's going to get his points, but against the higher level teams, he's normally a volume shooter.

SMU - 36%
                    Belmont - 33%
                    Louisville - 35%
                    Clemson - 33%
                    Liberty - 32%
                    Davidson - 33%
                    UNCG - 35%

Comment

• Jhook89
                      Jhook89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He does get to the line frequently, so that needs to be factored in also

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                    RJL's comment inspired me to start this Dexter love thread.

None of the history that has been made at Wichita State could have occurred without Tekele Cotton. Yes, Fred and Ron were just as key, but as far as team success, none of it would have occurred without the nicest lock down defender you will ever have the pleasure to meet.

Now we have the second iteration of Tekele, only he's 3 inches taller and appears to be ahead of schedule in his development. Both didn't have much basketball experience and were totally overlooked on the recruiting trail. Although Tekele 2.0 showed enough promise to get his coach a job at WSU.

We used to say that if only TC was a little bit taller... Showtime! Looks like we're gonna get a chance to test that theory. One thing that stands out to me in stark contrast to Mr. Cotton is that Dex seems to have the personality of an X rather than Mr. Nice Guy. My interactions with him have been quite strange. He was actually kind of a dick. I don't mind though, the meaner the better I always say. As long as he keeps his mouth shut on the court which he absolutely does.

Cue Aargh's comment about needing shades.

T

DD *knows* when somebody has a man crush on him. That's likely why you had a strange interaction.

Comment

Crazy improvement. He was in foul trouble all the time early, costing him minutes. Wonder how much better he'd be if he could have gotten those minutes early on.

Our frosh coming in need to practice not fouling. Just for the fact that fouling = lost minutes = less development potentially.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        Crazy improvement. He was in foul trouble all the time early, costing him minutes. Wonder how much better he'd be if he could have gotten those minutes early on.

Our frosh coming in need to practice not fouling. Just for the fact that fouling = lost minutes = less development potentially.
                        The freshmen are pushed very hard on the defensive end, which turns them into foul machines early on. They just have to learn to skate on the edge between going max-out at the very fast Division 1 pace and overdoing it by committing a foul. The only way to teach it is throw them in the game, and let them find that line. While painful early on, the end result is a bad-ass defensive team.
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Angry View Post

DD *knows* when somebody has a man crush on him. That's likely why you had a strange interaction.
                          I doubt it. CB hides his athletic lust well. He probably got a full dose of da honey badger alpha pheromone and became stressed during the confrontation. He was only a boy when we met; no doubt his testicles have dropped since having survived the Gregg Marshall gauntlet.

T

Comment

• wsushox1
                            wsushox1 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You're a strange dude, man.

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

The freshmen are pushed very hard on the defensive end, which turns them into foul machines early on. They just have to learn to skate on the edge between going max-out at the very fast Division 1 pace and overdoing it by committing a foul. The only way to teach it is throw them in the game, and let them find that line. While painful early on, the end result is a bad-ass defensive team.
                          nailed it

Comment

Working...
                          X