Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Clemson (NIT 2nd Round)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nah.... probably hero ball

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Some people struggle with their meters molly jabali lol

• Random thought...after watching coach Brownell's presser...seems like a geniuinely good dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
      Just watched Gregg’s press conference. He really gave Shocker Nation props for the support this year. We are so lucky to have him as our coach. You guys that didn’t think we played that well should listen to what he said about the game. Well done Coach!
      All this thread tells me is that we have dumb players, dumb coaches that have won 500+ games, and played a subpar game against a mediocre team on the road.

There are several posters that I want to individually call out but it’s useless.

Thank you to WeWillShockU for bringing some sanity and perspective into a thread that was headed for fictional psychosis

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
        nah.... probably hero ball
        I don’t care what was in his veins. We were struggling to score at that time in the game with only Jaime having any consistency (we weren’t even getting shots with all of our turnovers, and he made a most improbable shot. With it we win and miss it and I’m afraid that we lose. I’ll take the win.

Comment

• molly jabali
          molly jabali commented
          Editing a comment
          You know I’m being sarcastic....

• Shockm
          Shockm commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry. I missed it.

• Any news if they are flying home or to Indiana?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
          Any news if they are flying home or to Indiana?
          I believe in his post game comments 3G said they would be heading directly Indiana.

Comment

• They are flying directly to Bloomington. I wish I could find a road partner. Off this week and Assembly Hall would be a great stop. 10 hours each way by myself....no bueno.
            Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              Fly

• Flights are ridiculous and take longer than driving.
            Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree they are expensive... But I don't agree that they take longer then driving

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

All this thread tells me is that we have dumb players, dumb coaches that have won 500+ games, and played a subpar game against a mediocre team on the road.

There are several posters that I want to individually call out but it’s useless.

Thank you to WeWillShockU for bringing some sanity and perspective into a thread that was headed for fictional psychosis
            This can't be said enough. It is certainly appropriate to criticize poor play, but tone and perspective matter. All year we have had a segment of this board whose criticisms are mean-spirited and personal rather than constructive and who seem to take more delight in anything that they can muster to prove them right that certain players are failures than they do in the team's success.

If you are relentlessly negative about players on this team, especially the seniors, maybe you should pause to consider why Marshall is more proud of this team than any other he has coached. I'm pretty sure he is more aware than any of us about their shortcomings as players, but he also knows about their hard work, character, coach-ability, leadership, etc. He is proud because this group (and he has singled out the seniors specifically) have those things in spades and whatever annoyance you have at the mistakes or limits of this group that should factor in to how you talk about them.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• jrschh
              jrschh commented
              Editing a comment
              This times 1000!!

• As always I restrained myself from making in game comments so they don't come back to
            haunt me. I commented at half that our ball movement was poor and it was. I also said RT
            made a really bad foul at the end of the half and it was so nothing terrible from me. The box score
            says our centers played really well. They played well on BOTH ends and carried us. DD had a
            nice game on D but he usually does. I thought ES steadied us some down the stretch, looked
            poised, saw the court and made a couple good entry passes. None of the other perimeter players
            played well - both DD and ES played smart and, again, with poise. One of our best games
            defensively this season as an entire team. Will have to play better on offense Tuesday and take
            care of the ball. 21 W's - great job this season. Probably a top 40 team now.

Comment

• Topshock
              Topshock commented
              Editing a comment
              "center played really well"

Well one was +26 and the other was -16 so one played well

• It used to be a message board that shared insights and information about players staff and coaches. It has pretty much much become a place to call out other posters, players,coaches and family members. Ability and IQ are called into question and if you don’t agree you are a kool aid drinking sunshine pumper.

Comment

• wusphlash
              wusphlash commented
              Editing a comment
              We have met the enemy and they are us.

• Rixtoy1
              Rixtoy1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I see what you did there . . . Well done! (No one under 60 will understand.)

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And the seniors are some of the worst at passing the ball.
            On this team that’s saying something because we’re not a great passing team overall.

But I don’t think passing is really their primary role on this team. For better or worse, and it’s been both, we need those guys to look to score. Could they use better discretion at times? Yes. But there’s not a player on the team who makes the right decision every single time.

This year Samaje and McDuffie are really the only two guys on the team who we can hand the ball to and say go get a bucket.

I can certainly relate with people who are frustrated by their play at times. I am too. It’s impossible not to be. But it’s not all bad, they do a lot of good things for the team and we wouldn’t be here without them.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

There were some moronical plays in that game. Do I think the players are morons? no. Do some of them lack BBIQ? Yes. Should coach take the odd timeout? Yes. Does our offense look stagnant sometimes? Yes. Would Intrade HCGM for any coach right now? No.

Clemson played some terrible basketball, I’m sure we had something to do with that, but not everything.

That Duke/UCF game was the opposite of our game today. Lots of players making plays on both sides.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

This can't be said enough. It is certainly appropriate to criticize poor play, but tone and perspective matter. All year we have had a segment of this board whose criticisms are mean-spirited and personal rather than constructive and who seem to take more delight in anything that they can muster to prove them right that certain players are failures than they do in the team's success.

If you are relentlessly negative about players on this team, especially the seniors, maybe you should pause to consider why Marshall is more proud of this team than any other he has coached. I'm pretty sure he is more aware than any of us about their shortcomings as players, but he also knows about their hard work, character, coach-ability, leadership, etc. He is proud because this group (and he has singled out the seniors specifically) have those things in spades and whatever annoyance you have at the mistakes or limits of this group that should factor in to how you talk about them.
                Game threads are threads that happen in the middle of the games, in the heat of the moment. You might then say, "well don't post during games". Well if that happened, internet sports message boards wouldn't exist.

Listen, it's nice to look back on games after the fact and not be as harsh and call out people because the games ended up going the right way. It's funny that these types of posts never appear after losses. Kind of a coincidence eh?

If SHJ airballs that stepback 3 and we end up blowing the lead and losing, and that DUMB jersey grab which led to a flagrant 1 foul becomes the difference, then what? Are players aren't allowed any type of criticism at all? Again, if you think this board is bad, then you haven't been around any other message boards. This board is one of the softer boards around when it comes to player and coaching criticism. Hindsight is definitely 20/20 and it always becomes easier to call out people after the fact when the ball bounces the right way.

That was a very mucky game (as even the ESPN crew referred to). It was ugly and had a lot of DUMB IQ basketball. I'm sorry if that dose of reality is a kick in the corn flakes for some.

Am I happy we still won? YOU BETCHA. Am I glad SHJ's step back 3 went in? ABSOLUTELY. And am I stoked that we are somehow still playing basketball in late March and the last Kansas team doing so? **** YA.

But, let's please leave the pretentious calling out after-the-fact alone.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I remember one of my favorite Shockers (Fred Van Vleet) say one time that “we mucked up that game to have a chance to win the game. “. I felt proud that we won another big game against a good team that we could have lost. All I really want to do is win. If we defeat enough good teams we will have opportunities to win Championships, post season tournaments and be a Top 10-50 rated team. That means we in the mix against the BEST. I want the Shox to be in that group as consistently as possible.

Comment

Working...
                  X