Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Clemson (NIT 2nd Round)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Selection Sunday was today, do we get in?

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
      Defense and tenacity, like Cold says, are truly carrying the team on this win streak. Still will hate to see McDuffie leave, which is why I think next year will be another rebuilding year. Jones is valuable too until he starts playing school yard ball.
      Not a chance my chicken-feathered friend, it's addition by subtraction. SHJ and Mark can definitely score but they are dumb as a box of rocks. You can see from a thousand miles away when they decide to "go solo" in a game. It's hilariously (sickeningly) obvious when it happens and the team goes into a tailspin each time almost on cue. Next year we get back to team ball where the whole is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Gimme a team full of Dexter Dennis's and I can beat anyone.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        Any comments on their defense. Been pretty remarkable

• Shockadaisical
        Shockadaisical commented
        Editing a comment
        "Dumb as a box of rocks." Seriously going to go there? Stay classy my friend.

• If someone would have told me in November that by March we'd be taking down mid-pack ACC teams on their home court, I would have laughed and laughed and laughed.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        If someone would have told me in November that by March we'd be taking down mid-pack ACC teams on their home court, I would have laughed and laughed and laughed.
        Hell, if someone told me that in mid-January I would have laughed and laughed and laughed.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Poor Bear isn’t getting position. Need Eche back in while Thomas is out
          I have repeatedly gave GM &staff props for their good job this year but what happened in the second half? Why was JE not put I when Thomas went out? Why was a player with 4 fouls that was having a great game.held out for 10 minutes while we blew a lead and not put until fifty some seconds left and then taken out again? Unless he was hurt, I,m sorry that is just bad coaching.

While the team didn’t play perfect they were tough and the tournament experience they are gaining this year should be invaluable in the years to come.

Comment

• Windiwu
            Windiwu commented
            Editing a comment
            I suspect JE was held back *just in case*. He had 4 fouls and if it went to overtime he would be badly needed.

• Just watched Gregg’s press conference. He really gave Shocker Nation props for the support this year. We are so lucky to have him as our coach. You guys that didn’t think we played that well should listen to what he said about the game. Well done Coach!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
            Just watched Gregg’s press conference. He really gave Shocker Nation props for the support this year. We are so lucky to have him as our coach. You guys that didn’t think we played that well should listen to what he said about the game. Well done Coach!
            Do they put these post game NIT press conferences online somewhere? Extra points for a link!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I have repeatedly gave GM &staff props for their good job this year but what happened in the second half? Why was JE not put I when Thomas went out? Why was a player with 4 fouls that was having a great game.held out for 10 minutes while we blew a lead and not put until fifty some seconds left and then taken out again? Unless he was hurt, I,m sorry that is just bad coaching.

While the team didn’t play perfect they were tough and the tournament experience they are gaining this year should be invaluable in the years to come.
              Because we simply could not stop them from driving in the second half without getting a whistle, bullshit or legitimate. You put a 4-foul Ech in with 10 minutes left, he's out of the game with 9 minutes left.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Topshock
                Topshock commented
                Editing a comment
                As it is he is bringing that foul home with him.

• ShauXTyme
                ShauXTyme commented
                Editing a comment
                Coming home with a win, and 1 foul left.

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Do they put these post game NIT press conferences online somewhere? Extra points for a link!

Comment

•  
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

•  

Comment

• Not finding WSU postgame at this time

Edit: Nvmd...see that it was in the Eagle
                    Last edited by shockerfan; March 24, 2019, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• We have to do better against full court pressure. If not for that, we win by 15 points. We weren’t great offensively but we were defensively and rebounding. They like us are a defensive orient d team. On the road, this is a nice win
                      Last edited by Shockm; March 24, 2019, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• I actually watching us in the NIT...post season is awesome... Games that matter... Building for next year

Comment

• SMHJ might have some holes in his game, but that kid has ice water in his veins at the end of games. That step back three was huge and made up for a not so great moment right before that

Comment

Working...
                          X