Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Clemson (NIT 2nd Round)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just win, baby. In addition to the obvious stars of the game, props to AM on really great D and rebound on Thomas on a crucial possession and Samajae with another huge game-sealing shot after a miserable half. Mirrored the whole season. It's not how you start -- it's how you finish. Should be fun on Tuesday.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
      I'm telling you guys. It was our best defensive performance in a long damn time, and some of you clowns are shitting all over it.
      Shameful. You'd of thought we were losing bigly according to this board. Did the Tigers even have a lead for 1 minute?

Comment

• Wuzee
        Wuzee commented
        Editing a comment
        FYI: There are a few extremely sad, miserable human beings on this board who strike out because, based on their post counts, they really don't have much else in this life. Bless their poor, tortured hearts. #prayforthem #easetheirpain

• bunck
        bunck commented
        Editing a comment
        We were tied for 2:41 but never trailed.

• ShockerFever
        ShockerFever commented
        Editing a comment
        Wuzee has post count envy.

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Would that have been another Q1 win?
      Yes. Our two best wins of the year per the NET were the last two games. If these were the last two regular season games we would have been a tourney team

Comment

• So it appears we're having some success down low even against a big P5 teams. Why not go to that more?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Walker
          Walker commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s frustrating when are big guys get so open and we don’t feed them. Wish we did every possession.

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully, we have some ‘post feeders’ on the way...

• Shocker85
          Shocker85 commented
          Editing a comment
          They try but don't execute or lack confidence to try to execute those passes. There were a lot of turnovers trying.

Both the guards and the bigs need to work on it. We will be much better next season. Write it down.

• Great minutes by Poor-Bear. Dude doesn’t get off the bench for about the last 70 minutes and comes in and gets a huge bucket and couple of rebounds.

Comment

• All I gotta say is Burton played like a freshman today

Comment

• pie n eye
            pie n eye commented
            Editing a comment
            Disappointing performance for sure, especially down the stretch against the press. Hopefully we learn from that for next game.

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
          The good news is that, with no tourney games on Tuesday, the game in Assembly Hall should have significantly better referees than what was officiating today.
          Is softball scheduled?
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Walker
            Walker commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol

• Shocks go on the cold and lonely road to play a mighty ACC team in the Tigers Den. The Shocks took the Tigers by the tail and got them all fussy, frustrated and mean. Clemson had no answer for the Big E. who was instrumental in us winning this game. The Shocks executed, seemed more hungry than the Tigers, and would not be denied. Not sure why JE was not in the game more at the end, but elated that we won the game. I'm hoping the Shocks can take MM home for a Garden Party by another road win at Indiana. Maybe we can run the Picket Fence at Assembly Hall, win and then run the basketball version of the Statue of Liberty at the Garden? Since most of these Shocks return next Season, these kewl road wins are giving us more opportunities to improve as a Squad.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• 3FG% - 33.3%
            3fg% for everyone not named Echenique - 28.6%
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Truly believe that is this Jaime had shown up to the AAC tournament last weekend we would be playing in the NCAA right now...
              Success is where preparation and opportunity meet

Comment

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                Heard is foot is feeling better... hmmm.

• Seniors 9-27 FG%.
              others 15-2
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• We shot better against Clemson than:

Wright St
                North Carolina
                Notre Dame
                Syracuse x2
                NC State
                Pitt
                Boston College
                Louisville
                Miami
                Virginia Tech
                Georgia Tech
                Wake Forest
                Virginia

That is games since Jan 1st.

We had the best shooting percentage against them since Florida State beat them on Feb 19th. You would have to go back to Jan 29th to find the next team that had a higher FG% than the Shox.

We had better FG% defense than:

Wright St
                NC State x2
                Syracuse
                Notre Dame
                North Carolina
                Pitt x2
                Boston College
                Florida St. x2
                Louisville
                Miami
                Virginia Tech
                Georgia Tech x2
                Wake Forest

You have to go back to their game against Virginia to find the last time anyone had better FG% defense against them. That game was on 1/12 and they were held to 25.9%.

Again, if not for turnovers and fouls, this would have been a HUGE blowout.

Proud of the Shox

****yes they were without their 3rd leading scorer against us. But that is just part of the game. So no telling if that would have been enough to help them or not*****
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Excellent post! I’m trying to be more positive; I’ve always been an optimist, but Shocker games turn me into a pessimist for 2 hours. My wife scolded me several times for my negativity. :)

• The same team that lost to Louisiana Tech at home by 13, never trailed in a game on the road against the #29 Kenpom team with the #13 defense.

Comment

• Don’t forget that 4 of those foul shots were on techs that the officials had to call but didn’t want to

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    Seniors 9-27 FG%.
                    others 15-2
                    What point are you trying to make? Like what are these numbers supposed to tell us?

How about this, McDuffie and Samaje, both perimiter players, were 9-27.

The other perimiter players not named Samaje or McDuffie were 4-14.

Comment

Working...
                    X