Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Clemson (NIT 2nd Round)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, at least I dont think Indiana will defend like Furman and especially Clemson. We have that going for us lol.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Elite eight of the NIT in a down year. Nothing short of an amazing job by Marshall. This tournament experience is going to so huge for our guys next year. Go shox.

Comment

• One more game in the way of reaching our post season goal

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
          I know we were making some frustrating mistakes but man, that officiating seemed beyond questionable at times. Some good blocks and good defense was taken away and gifted to Clemson for free shots at the stripe. I want to give the refs the benefit of the doubt and assume they were anticipating but I don’t know. Seemed like Echenique was several feet away from one foul he was called for.

Dumb mistakes, bad officiating and we still prevailed! Even with all of that, we still beat a solid team on their home court. We better work on inbounding against the press because you know Indiana was watching this.

Expectations were exceeded a while ago so this win was awesome. Going to be a great one in Bloomington if we eliminate the turnovers.
          Thought the reffing definitely was one-sided in the second half... GREAT win for the Shocks.

Comment

• Walker
            Walker commented
            Editing a comment
            No doubt. Glad we prevailed!

• I wonder what our NET is now after two road wins? Not that it matters I suppose

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              Back in the mid 80’s and the 60s before that. Not like a perennial tourney team.

Ithought Ellis was pretty good when there was actually basketball being played for him to analyze. Very little on display
              You forgot the 70's?

Comment

• BOBB
                BOBB commented
                Editing a comment
                Once in a decade. I wouldn’t call a dude that got laid once a decade a “player.”

I would call him married

• Would that have been another Q1 win?
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• rjl
                rjl commented
                Editing a comment
                I think Clemson was either 34 or 35 on the NET.

• FlyingWheat
                FlyingWheat commented
                Editing a comment
                Clemson was like 31 in KenPom. Ours jumped 8 spots, now 76, one spot below Temple.

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Burton is anything but a "true point". Burton is another of the "can play point" guys that keep showing up on the roster. The last "true point" on the roster was VanVleet, and he was recruited something like 7 or 8 years ago. That's a lot of recruiting classes that didn't contain a point guard.
              SMH... He-is-the-Shockers-full-time-point-and-probably-will-be-for-the-foreseeable-future. Know of any other points in the Shockers' future? You better not say Stevenson...

Comment

• WuShocker2006
                WuShocker2006 commented
                Editing a comment
                MAy redshirt next year, but Noah Fernandez is absolutely a pure point. Going to be solid.

• We shot a respectable (for us) 43.6% from the field.
              A decent (for us) 33.3% from 3pt
              Outrebounded them by 5
              3 players in double figures (almost 4)

Held them to 28.3% FG
              Held them to 14.3% 3pt

The difference is literally just foul shots (looking at you officials) and turnovers.

While those are 2 very frustrating things, especially in the heat of the game. There was some decent to good play out there also.

Important thing is Shox overcame and advance.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Xavier McDaniel being interviewed by Mike Kennedy.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  We shot a respectable (for us) 43.6% from the field.
                  Outrebounded them by 5

Held them to 28.3% FG
                  Held them to 14.3% 3pt

The difference is literally just foul shots (looking at you officials) and turnovers.

While those are 2 very frustrating things, especially in the heat of the game. There was some decent to good play out there also.

Wow!
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                    We shot a respectable (for us) 43.6% from the field.
                    Outrebounded them by 5

Held them to 28.3% FG
                    Held them to 14.3% 3pt

Decent to good? For sure...

Comment

• Maybe we could get Indiana to go down to South Carolina and play us on a neutral court. I think that would be very sporting of them.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I'm telling you guys. It was our best defensive performance in a long damn time, and some of you clowns are shitting all over it.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• pie n eye
                          pie n eye commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It was great defense but it wasn’t out of the blue. This team has been much better on that end since at least the start of the conference tourney, if not longer.
                      Working...
                      X