Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Clemson (NIT 2nd Round)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never been so disappointed watching a game-winning shot go in (SHJ's step back street ball 3), in my entire life.

This team is still incredibly dumb, but like I said earlier in the year, Play Angry makes up for a multitude of sins.

Good defense.

Can't wait to see the seniors graduate.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Great defense!

He’s still alive!

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    I've never been so disappointed watching a game-winning shot go in (SHJ's step back street ball 3), in my entire life.

This team is still incredibly dumb, but like I said earlier in the year, Play Angry makes up for a multitude of sins.

Good defense.

Can't wait to see the seniors graduate.

T

Disappointment is the correct reaction to a kid hitting a game winning three in a post season road game against an ACC team. Well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

What point are you trying to make? Like what are these numbers supposed to tell us?

How about this, McDuffie and Samaje, both perimiter players, were 9-27.

The other perimiter players not named Samaje or McDuffie were 4-14.
      So you’re agreeing, Feed the bigs?
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Defense and tenacity, like Cold says, are truly carrying the team on this win streak. Still will hate to see McDuffie leave, which is why I think next year will be another rebuilding year. Jones is valuable too until he starts playing school yard ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

So you’re agreeing, Feed the bigs?
          If that’s your point then yeah, I agree I we would pass the ball into the post more. Not only to posted up bigs but also to cutting guards.

Comment

• We win a road game against one of the top rated defenses in the country in ACC territory yet we still have fans wringing their hands and talking about how bad we are. I wish some of these “fans” had the balls to let Marshall know how bad this team is.

Comment

• No next year won’t be a rebuilding year. The biggest year for strides to be taken is usually between the Freshman and Sophomore years. We will collectively see a lot of improvement from DD, JB, ES, TA, etc. To go along with the immense improvements from our Bigs that they showed this year.

Comment

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                Addition by subtraction; we will be tough... write it in stone.

• Samajae (4) and Jamarius (5) had 9 out of the Shocks' 17 turnovers. Hopefully, they got that out of their system. Samajae perhaps should have had his turnover followed by an flagrant foul with 1:20 left in the game counted as 2 or 3 turnovers but he redeemed himself with the tough 3 pointer as the shot clock went off with 30 seconds left in the game. Clutch shot.

Not a great game by Samajae but he did get his 2nd career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Dexter just missed a double-double with 9 points and 11 rebounds.

Only 11 assists (3 by Samajae, 3 by Jamarius and 3 by Ricky leading the way) on 24 baskets. We need to get back to less turnovers, more assists. I did thing Dexter did a pretty good job early in the 2nd half getting the ball to Jaime although not credited with any assists.

Win or lose, this Shocker team only occasionally looks pretty. But winning ugly sure beats losing pretty, ugly or anywhere in between. NIT quarterfinals. This team has probably over achieved despite being their own worst enemy at times. Earlier in the season their mistakes crushed them. They have seemed to develop a knack of overcoming their mistakes down the stretch this year. They have, if nothing else, learned how to win games even when they don't bring their A-games.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 25, 2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

If that’s your point then yeah, I agree I we would pass the ball into the post more. Not only to posted up bigs but also to cutting guards.
                And the seniors are some of the worst at passing the ball.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Samajae (4) and Jamarius (5) had 9 out of the Shocks' 17 turnovers. Hopefully, they got that out of their system. Samajae perhaps should have had his turnover followed by an flagrant foul with 1:20 left in the game counted as 2 or 3 turnovers but he redeemed himself with the tough 3 pointer as the shot clock went off with 30 seconds left in the game. Clutch shot.

Not a great game by Samajae but he did get his 2nd career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Dexter just missed a double-double with 9 points and 11 rebounds.

Only 11 assists (3 by Samajae, 3 by Jamarius and 3 by Ricky leading the way) on 24 baskets. We need to get back to less turnovers, more assists. I did thing Dexter did a pretty good job early in the 2nd half getting the ball to Jaime although not credited with any assists.

Win or lose, this Shocker team only occasionally looks pretty. But winning ugly sure beats losing pretty, ugly or anywhere in between. NIT quarterfinals. This team has probably over achieved despite being their own worst enemy at times. Earlier in the season their mistakes crushed them. They have seemed to develop a knack of overcoming their mistakes down the stretch this year. They have, if nothing else, learned how to win games ever when they don't bring their A-games.
                  Part (not all) of the reason our offense didn’t look pretty was Clemson. They’ve been doing this to teams all year long.

Comment

• Has DnD ever taken a shot outside the offensive flow? What a winner!

Give me DnD, Stretch, God's Bear, Poor Bear, Burton, Buckets, and ONE solid PG and that's a helluva core to build a championship team around.

We gonna be nasty in the near future.

Glad to see that 2 of my 3 summer picks for future stars are still streaking towards the heavens.

I did warn about Stevenson's height though. I expected/hoped that he would be groomed into a PG. That isn't working out. He's way too short for SG.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      We win a road game against one of the top rated defenses in the country in ACC territory yet we still have fans wringing their hands and talking about how bad we are. I wish some of these “fans” had the balls to let Marshall know how bad this team is.
                      No need for that, he already knows. He's just tickled shitless that he's been able to make a purse out of a sow's ear.

Good for you Gregg Marshall! I had feared you were looking to mail it in, all giggly and pudgy at the start of the year, but you certainly turned things around.

And CB was particularly tickled to hear that practices were record-breakingly grueling during the toughest points of the season. While many coaches would have just coddled and attempted to encourage the flailing youngsters, 3G decided he would use the opportunity to separate the wheat from the chaff and go harder - all the while knowing that he's recruiting day and night to replace what he's attempting to break. Good, old school coach.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        We win a road game against one of the top rated defenses in the country in ACC territory yet we still have fans wringing their hands and talking about how bad we are. I wish some of these “fans” had the balls to let Marshall know how bad this team is.

Comment

• Wasn’t pretty but that is Shocker “play angry “ basketball. Gregg’s teams have always relied on defense and rebounding. Survived to play on Tuesday. Should be a fun one. Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Samajae (4) and Jamarius (5) had 9 out of the Shocks' 17 turnovers. Hopefully, they got that out of their system. Samajae perhaps should have had his turnover followed by an flagrant foul with 1:20 left in the game counted as 2 or 3 turnovers but he redeemed himself with the tough 3 pointer as the shot clock went off with 30 seconds left in the game. Clutch shot.

Win or lose, this Shocker team only occasionally looks pretty. But winning ugly sure beats losing pretty, ugly or anywhere in between. NIT quarterfinals. This team has probably over achieved despite being their own worst enemy at times. Earlier in the season their mistakes crushed them. They have seemed to develop a knack of overcoming their mistakes down the stretch this year. They have, if nothing else, learned how to win games ever when they don't bring their A-games.
                            Clemson’s Pomeroy Adjusted D stats rank them 13th. They are an elite defensive team. Of course in the ACC they are just one of them because Va is ranked 3.

Comment

Working...
                            X