X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff BorzelloVerified account@jeffborzello 6h6 hours ago More
    • Copy link to Tweet
    • Embed Tweet

Some of the names I’m still hearing at Cincinnati, according to sources: assistant Darren Savino, former Vandy coach Bryce Drew, Utah State’s Craig Smith, Northern Kentucky’s John Brannen.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Jeff BorzelloVerified account@jeffborzello 6h6 hours ago More
      • Copy link to Tweet
      • Embed Tweet

Some of the names I’m still hearing at Cincinnati, according to sources: assistant Darren Savino, former Vandy coach Bryce Drew, Utah State’s Craig Smith, Northern Kentucky’s John Brannen.
      This seems more in line. I found it odd that Frank Martin would leave South Carolina for the Cincy job. Seems to me to be more of a lateral move if anything.

Comment

• choida
        choida commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude did make a Final 4 run there... I most of us want Cincinnati to be good in hopes of keeping the conference good... And Frank Martin would help increase those odds

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

This seems more in line. I found it odd that Frank Martin would leave South Carolina for the Cincy job. Seems to me to be more of a lateral move if anything.
      It's happened before but usually lateral moves begin because coaches feel underappreciated, underpaid, fan base is antsy, fan base doesn't support like the lateral school etc. It usually doesn't happen but isn't without precedence.

Comment

• mattdalt
        mattdalt commented
        Editing a comment
        RE: Mick Cronin :)

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes what seems like a lateral move is to escape before one's seat gets too warm. He was in the Final Four in 2017, but since then has had basically a .500 program (33-32) that hasn't seriously contended in the SEC -- probably not what some of the fans were hoping for after a Final Four on the heels of 25-9 the year before.

I could see Martin leaving for the right situation before things get shaky in Columbia (remember how McDermott ended up at Creighton from Iowa State?), and Cincinnati might be a good one, because even though they play sometimes respectable football, basketball is almost surely their signature sport. But apparently he still feels comfortable.

• Comment

• Underwhelming. I am disappointed.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty much my feeling as well. Only 4 years head coaching experience with a team, that while successful in league, was in the 22nd ranked conference (that's 8 spots below a down MVC). I don't believe his team has a win over any top 7 conference team in the 4 years he's been there. Their 13 point loss at Cincy (along with the 13 point loss to UCF) must have impressed Cincy's AD.

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        Underwhelming. I am disappointed.
        NKU has been fully D1 for something like 3 years and they won 22+ each year and went to the NCAAs twice. Seems all right.
        There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

• Really good hire, but not splashy

Comment

• Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanHoops 2m2 minutes ago
            • Copy link to Tweet
            • Embed Tweet

LSU has announced it has reinstated Will Wade after he met with the school and NCAA officials on Friday. School said he answered all questions and denied any wrongdoings.

Comment

• BOBB
              BOBB commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol. Meanwhile OJ continues the search for the real killers.

• Topshock
              Topshock commented
              Editing a comment
              Apparently he is one strong ass liar!

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              @BOBB... one of the best 'comments' I've read recently... I need to re-attach my a$$.

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanHoops 2m2 minutes ago
            • Copy link to Tweet
            • Embed Tweet

LSU has announced it has reinstated Will Wade after he met with the school and NCAA officials on Friday. School said he answered all questions and denied any wrongdoings.
            Aka we won’t be able to find any sort of decent coach to take over once we’re on probation so might as well stick with the cheater who got is here.

Comment

• sounds about right mike kennedy

Comment

• Jeff *******@GoodmanHoops
                St. John’s will meet with Loyola coach Porter Moser today, source told @stadium. Moser considered the frontrunner, but nothing is done yet.
                3:20 PM - Apr 15, 2019

Comment

• Something about John Brannen sounded familiar...like he had some connection to Gregg. I didn't think Brannen was a former 3G assistant. So I looked it up and knew my hunch was correct. Gregg was an assistant at Marshall during Brannen's senior year of college. I remember hearing this from when NKU played Kentucky in our pod in the 2017 NCAA Tournament.
                  78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffrey Korchek View Post

NKU has been fully D1 for something like 3 years and they won 22+ each year and went to the NCAAs twice. Seems all right.
                    How would you rank Ben Jacobson if he were hired at Iowa State?
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• choida
                      choida commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I commend Jacobson for staying loyal to Northern Iowa... But he's too good of a coach to not be getting into the Big Dance regularly...

• shock
                      shock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      His recruiting sucks and he can’t coach them up. His mojo is gone.

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think he may have passed up his best opportunities when available and now it's just too late.

• Twitter (aka - a faster way to spread Internet rumors) is reporting that St. John's has offered the job to Moser. this is one of multiple sources, but they may all be retweeting from the same source tweet.

https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/s...90679735672832
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• LOLoyola.

Why would Porter leave the next big mid major power???

Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
                        UCONN_Husky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Either St Johns hires a .500 MVC coach or said .500 MVC coach rejects St Johns. LOL.

• JVShocker
                        JVShocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Take the money and run. May only be for a couple of years anyhoo. You gotta recruit at St. Johns.
                    Working...
                    X