No announcement yet.

Coaching Changes 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mick made a mistake IMO. Good hire for UCLA though.

Our pecking order may move up slightly but not for the good of the conference. Not sure Cincy can replace with a guy as good as him this late in the game. TBD.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Awesome Sauce Malone
      Awesome Sauce Malone commented
      Editing a comment
      Im kind of chuckling at the crowd thats saying "Marshall has to be happy now that Micks gone itll be easier to win the conference"

i dont speak "Loser" so kind of refraining from joining in

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      "Hard or easy" he's going to win it either way. They're right about that.

• That certainly will turn things around at the top of the league. I hate to see the conference lose good, talented coaches but it happens in every conference, even the P5. How many incoming recruits now back off and open up their recruitment and what does that do to Cincy next year? I think they've been projected as a top 20 in the way too early, early, way too early preseason polls just released after last night's game.

Comment

• The AAC needs Cincy and UConn to be good. WSU, Memphis, Temple, Houston, and Tulsa have some name recognition, but the UCs are name brand.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Cincy should be able to get someone good. Good Fan Support, I think they can throw a decent dollar amount out, they have a brand new really nice arena.

Comment

• This is as close to a slam dunk hire as UCLA could have gotten. Great for them and for Cronin. He will do well with his style in the Pac 12. Yes, it's not the sexy hire, but he is a winner and he can recruit and get his players to buy in to his system.

Comment

• Jans to Cinn

Comment

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              If offered... Take it

• Just to help Shockadaisical out with his basketball history: 1958–1964 – A run unlike any other

Sparked by the exploits of Oscar Robertson, who became the first player to lead the nation in scoring in three consecutive seasons, Cincinnati advanced to the Final Four in 1958–59 and 1959–60, settling for third place both years. Then the Bearcats, with a rookie head coach (Ed Jucker) and without Robertson, won their first national title in 1960–61. Then to prove that its 1961 championship was no fluke, UC repeated as national champion in 1961–62. Cincinnati made a fifth-straight trip to the Final Four in 1962–63, and narrowly missed capturing a third-straight national crown when Loyola (Ill.) overcame a 15-point deficit and defeated the Bearcats by a basket, 60–58, in overtime.

During those five seasons, UC recorded a 37-game win streak and posted a 161–16 ledger. The five straight Final Four appearances is a feat topped only by UCLA.

Cincinnati was a member of the Missouri Valley Conference from 1957 through 1969. And that 37-game win streak was broken by the Wichita State Shockers led by Dave The Rave. Also in 1962-63 when Cincy faced Loyola in the championship game the Shockers were the only team to have beaten both of those teams during the season.

I've heard of that Oscar Robertson guy, Some say he was pretty good. Oh yeah he still holds the single game scoring record in the RoundHouse. (50 points in March. 1958).

Unfortunately, the Missouri Valley went from the Valley of Death in those days to the Valley of Dearth in its present configuration. Actually, the AAC has more teams from the Valley of Death days of the MVC (Wichita State, Tulsa, Memphis and Cincinnati) than the current MVC has (Bradley and Drake).

Here is a very interesting but rather long Sports Illustrated article on that 1963 Championship game and the players and coaches involved.

IT WAS MORE THAN JUST A GAME

Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 9, 2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              nm

• Shockadaisical
              Shockadaisical commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes 72 they have a rich basketball history no doubt. I still see zero titles to 11. Never said it was void of history and tradition, just that it is not the same. I get it we want to defend our league as strong. It is, but arguing that they are the same level job based on tradition doesn't hold water

• Basically a pay cut when you look at median housing prices.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree... the bright lights of LA might have clouded his vision. Who knows, maybe he needed a 'high pressure' fresh start?

• ShockerEngr
              ShockerEngr commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, but after he gets fired in a couple years for 'only' making sweet sixteens, he can take the rest of the money to a cheaper cost of living

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              What's left of it.

• I think Cronin knew he needed to get out of Cincy, so UCLA was the best opportunity for him. For the record, I like Cronin and think he's a great coach, but he just could not win in the post season and that was beginning to wear on Cincy fans.

I wouldn't worry about Cincy or the AAC. Cincy is a fantastic job that can pay very well, and there's going to be some good coaches falling all over themselves for that opportunity.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• NKU's John Brannen will probably get a hard look.

Comment

• Please, no Jans or Forbes. Would hate to face either of those guys twice a season.
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• My guess is Cinci will go after Brannen from NKU. Pitino is a dark horse. Wonder if Pitino has been working some recruits unfettered by NCAA rules, similar to how Huggins did it right before K-State picked him up?
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Is the coach from Furman still available?
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Wonder if Cincy will go the Memphis and Vandy route?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Basically a pay cut when you look at median housing prices.
                        That cost of living did not include taxes. $2.2 million turns in to 1.28 million in Ohio. Keeps 58%. $4 million turns into $2.08 million in LA and keep 52%.

Find out how much you'll pay in California state income taxes given your annual income. Customize using your filing status, deductions, exemptions and more.

Find out how much you'll pay in Ohio state income taxes given your annual income. Customize using your filing status, deductions, exemptions and more.

Comment

• N Crestway
                          N Crestway commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nice little tool, Signman.
                      Working...
                      X