No announcement yet.

Coaching Changes 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it coaches can jump schools easily but players can’t with out sitting out year.

Comment

Just seems unfair. They recruit kids and build them up then disappear and the kid is screwed.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
        Shocktoberfest commented
        Editing a comment
        Because kids would jump ship like it was a merry-go-round. It would be ridiculous.

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        I think kids should be able to transfer immediately and be eligible immediately if the coach leaves or is fired. And if the kid goes with the coach, the new school should compensate the school they left at 3 times value of all expenses including recruiting.

Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
      Why is it coaches can jump schools easily but players can’t with out sitting out year.
      SUPPOSEDLY it's based on the premise (rolling eyes) of college athletes picking a school because of the SCHOOL, not the coach. One more piece of sh!# thrown like a zoo monkey by NCAA.

Comment

Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanHoops 24h24 hours ago More
        • Copy link to Tweet
        • Embed Tweet

South Dakota State will promote assistant Eric Henderson to replace T.J. Otzelberger, source told @stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
          Actually more players that transferred than ever were eligible immediately last year but Teddy wasn’t one of them. Free Teddy!

Comment

definitely see both sides of the argument... if i were a high school / juco player, i'd totally be focused on the coach. especially if i were a 3,4, or a 5* recruit.

have to protect the institution though. as a former saso board member, one of the most important things to me was that a student athlete we invested in graduated from wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
              definitely see both sides of the argument... if i were a high school / juco player, i'd totally be focused on the coach. especially if i were a 3,4, or a 5* recruit.

have to protect the institution though. as a former saso board member, one of the most important things to me was that a student athlete we invested in graduated from wichita.
              A way to protect the student would be to pass the responsibility of graduation to the new athletic department and if they fail, suffer ramifications accordingly. If they take on the responsibility of the transferring student, they should take on firmer commitment towards graduation. Unfortunately, when both sides have strong but opposite arguments, often nothing is achieved.

Comment

Donnie Jones named head coach of Stetson. The man likes to job hop

Comment

• Topshock
                  Topshock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Frequently not his choice.

Now that LSU is out of the NCAA, it will be interesting to see what direction they go. Will Wade most certainly won't be brought back. I doubt interim coach Benford gets the job either. Im sure HCGM gets a mention but I doubt he would be interested in what will surely be a rebuild.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Buzz Williams is likely gone from Virgina tech to A&M. So far Marshall has been mentioned as the top choice for both Vandy and VT.

I chuckled a little

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agreed, Stick.

We all know about Steppingstone Eddie, rah -- but Marshall isn't Fogler (in a number of ways), for which we're all grateful; and Vandy is no longer a step up (to the extent it may have been in Fogler's day). Marshall has already done his "rebuild," and he's taken it to MSG, from where it's likely back to his accustomed spot in the NCAA tourney starting next season. Why would he want another project?

• wusphlash
                      wusphlash commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wasn't Buzz one of the names favored by Texas before they hired Shaka? Going to A&M would really hack the Longhorns off.

I really enjoyed watching Eddie's teams play, at least with Gene's players. However, he didn't really want to be here and he didn't want to recruit here. By the way, his highest winning percentage occurred right here in Doodah.

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, Fast Eddie's highest winning percentage was at WSU.....and done by and large with Gene's players. His best % was his first 2 years where he made the NCAA with the likes of Grayer, Santos, Radunovich, the Praylows, Lew Hill, Cundiff, and Henry Carr, all Gene's players. Sasha, the Praylows, and Grayer were still here his last year when they made the NIT and were still 60% of the team's scoring. Eddie's contribution in 3 years were basically Cooper and Guffrovich. I still believe Sasha had the makings of an NBA player until Eddie got done with him.

• We’re on second and even third go-‘rounds with some of these schools when it comes to “Candidate Gregg Marshall”.

You'd think the people writing articles and speculating would sort of... you know... notice.

Comment

• Notice Mark Few’s name doesn’t come up on these vacancy lists. It’s because he is happy where he’s at.

Comment

• choida
                        choida commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I see Gregg waiting and taking the South Carolina job one day... Just a hunch

• Shock Top
                        Shock Top commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I love we’re I work too and it would be hard to convince me to go elsewhere, but I’d be a fool to not at least hear someone else out.

Or at least let them wine and dine me on their dime!

• Topshock
                        Topshock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Guess Mark Few is a fool. Also while I don't know your situation Shock Top, I'm guessing your present employer isn't paying you more money than you could ever spend and if they were perhaps you would be a little more loyal to them and probably you wouldn't even care about dimes.

• Personally think it's bad move... But dude has built Houston into something special

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                        https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...927623681?s=21

Personally think it's bad move... But dude has built Houston into something special

Don't want him to leave UH.... the appeal of SEC might be too much, but Arkansas?? I think LSU, as a program, would have better up side. Honestly it's LSU that I think will come after Marshal this year.

Comment

• shoxlax
                          shoxlax commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No coach wants to walk into a school that is looking at a multiple year probation.

The new norm will be hiring figure heads (Penny, Patrick Ewing, Chris Mullin) as the face of the team and recruiters while the Xs and Os guys will be the assistants.

• Shock Top
                          Shock Top commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hopefully that’s just a fad.

Seems that could only work for so long.
                      Working...
                      X