Coaching Changes 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Changes 2018-2019

Avery Johnson reportedly out at Alabama, Alabama buying out his contact per ESPN

What are the odds of Manning, Shaka Smart, and Turg all being kicked to the curb?

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you think UT fans are feeling about kicking Rick Barnes to the curb right about now?

• WuShock16
      WuShock16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dan, they are more focused on Sam Ehlinger’s Heisman hopes next year.

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably true, WuShock16, but for the handful who care, I have to believe they think the Barnes departure was a definite miscue.

What is LSU going to do?

Comment

• FadedCrown
      FadedCrown commented
      Editing a comment
      Play out the rest of this season, fire Wade, then get wins vacated later down the road.

Just in case you missed it, Dunleavy is done with Tulane (more like Tulane is done with him.)

Comment

• vbird53
      vbird53 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would think John Thompson III would be a great candidate for Tulane. Not sure if there's any interest on either side, but I could see a good fit there. He's really grown on me as a game analyst over the past couple of years.

• pinstripers
      pinstripers commented
      Editing a comment
      LSU don't need no game analyst

"How do you think UT fans are feeling about kicking Rick Barnes to the curb right about now?"
    Its basketball, they don't care!

Comment

I played golf with a Texas A&M grad yesterday. He says they are going to go after 3G with truckloads of $$$ once we are finished. I don't know if he is in the know.

Don't shoot the messenger - I don't see that happening.

Comment

• Maizerunner08
        Maizerunner08 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol, that’s a downgrade. If true, I find it hilarious that P5 schools think they can throw absurd money at 3G and it’s just that easy.

Vandy just fired Bryce Drew

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
        I played golf with a Texas A&M grad yesterday. He says they are going to go after 3G with truckloads of $$$ once we are finished. I don't know if he is in the know.

Good luck with that. A&M better start at $5 million if they want Gregg to listen.
        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post

Did you see how much they spent on Jimbo Fisher?

I have zero doubt they will try to make HCGM a $5m+ offer.

Comment

I think we’re past needing to fret about this stuff.

(EDIT: Not that you were specifically, moshock.)
            Last edited by SHOCKvalue; March 22, 2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I'm a WSU grad; if you play golf with me I'll tell you how much we'll throw back to keep HCGM. Does either round have much merit?

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                Except that moshock is beyond reproach. He's not saying that haphazardly or making it up.

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              I think we’re past needing to fret about this stuff.
              You'd think it'd be past other schools trying to truckload Gregg as well.

I wonder if Gregg saw the dazzling gameday atmosphere at the Erwin Center throughout the year and the 300 souls who showed up for their NIT game.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I can just see Marshall at one of the "Football is KING" colleges. There would be a home loss in February and in the press interview after the game, one of the reporters would ask,"Coach Marshall, do you have any opinion on how the team is going to look in their spring practices?" And Marshall would think the reporter was talking about basketball.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You'd think it'd be past other schools trying to truckload Gregg as well.

I wonder if Gregg saw the dazzling gameday atmosphere at the Erwin Center throughout the year and the 300 souls who showed up for their NIT game.
                  Just for one day, I want to live in an alternate universe where Gregg goes to Texas and then GOES OFF on the locals when the building in only 1/2 full when Top 10 KU comes to town.

"When I was at Wichita EFFING State, those crazy people packed the EFFING building for EFFING NIT games. You EFFING people won't even pack the EFFING building when we play the EFFING Jayhawks. What the EFF is wrong with you EFFING people?"
                  78-65

Comment

• Bluzrover
                    Bluzrover commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I know you're joking...but I don't EVER want to live in that alternate universe. Just saying!

• WuShock16
                    WuShock16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I did say “JUST FOR ONE DAY” because watching 3G go off on entitled power conference fans would be entertaining...but I don’t want it to be a permanent universe, hence the one day.

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You forgot "Howdy".

Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
                  Avery Johnson reportedly out at Alabama, Alabama buying out his contact per ESPN
                  That buy out is going to make it doubly hard for them to come begging to Gregg again.

Comment

Working...
                  X