No announcement yet.

Official NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Virginia and also to Texas Tech. Both teams played there asses off in a very physical tough game.

Loved not having Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, nor North Carolina in the Final Four.

Comment

• Virginia will be pre-season number 1 next season and favorite to win the championship. Starting 5 has no seniors.

Comment

• choida
        choida commented
        Editing a comment
        First statement is true... Second is debatable.? And borderline he'll no... They are a great grind it out team... Not dominant... And barely survived and advanced... Which is why I cant say they will be favorites to repeat... None the less they deserve this championship

• Tourney had an unusual number of great games this year. I don't recall how many games I watched that came down to the last 2 minutes and who could execute.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Congrats to Virginia and also to Texas Tech. Both teams played there asses off in a very physical tough game.

Loved not having Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, nor North Carolina in the Final Four.
      Exactly.

Comment

• What Beard's team achieved in this tournament was almost a revelation.

That alone says a hell of a lot about the Coach that was on the other bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Tourney had an unusual number of great games this year. I don't recall how many games I watched that came down to the last 2 minutes and who could execute.
          COULD NOT AGREE MORE...GREAT GAMES, FUELED BY INCREDIBLE MOMENTS OF OUTSTANDING PLAYS!

Comment

• Great tourney but I'll remember it as the one the officials ruined. Cost UCF the game vs Duke, shouldn't have decided the game in UVA-Auburn and last night the out of bonds over turn in OT was terrible. All the long reviews broke up the momentum and excitement and that one was the worst. They need a timer like the NFL, where if you can't see it clearly one way or the other in 1 minute you move on. This whole frame by frame super slow mo to see if it grazed someones pinky is crap. If they're going to spend that kind of time and analysis on an out of bounds play then you need to review everything all game long. Spend 5 minutes analyzing a possible finger grazing when its clear the defender knocks the ball out, but Duke clearly shoves a UCF defender out of bounds to get a rebound-sorry not reviewable. It all kind of ruined my memory of a great tournament.

Comment

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              I think they need to just get calls right...

• JVShocker
              JVShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              UCF cost UCF the game. No less than two missed opportunities to win that game.

#1 on the fast break alley oop dunk (missed) would have given UCF a 6 point lead and ALL the momentum in the world. That would have been the back breaker. Again. Missed dunk. That's not on the officials.

#2 Two VERY good looks at the end of the game that woulda-coulda-shoulda-but didn't go in and win it for them. We were actually pulling for UCF in that game, but there was a couple of strange no calls on Fall in the game that for some reason had us swing who we were rooting for. I can't say Duke didn't get their share of calls, but clearly something swung our vote in the other direction.

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              UCF fuked themselves... The refs held their whistles on few Duke charges and over the backs

• I agree about replay. It has ruined sports and will continue to do so.

I mean is the product better now? Is it more watchable now?

It’s absolutely hilarious to me that the final 2 minutes of a game are more important than the other 38.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• jazztrane
              jazztrane commented
              Editing a comment
              It is starting to ruin it for me, I absolutely hate in baseball when they spend 5 minutes trying to determine if a base stealers hand came off the base for a tenth of a second. That was like the out of bounds review last night, not worth the time it takes to be that nit picky. And yes I LOL'd when the commentators say "its important that they get it right"... but only in the last 2 minutes, prior to that we're willing to accept mediocrity.
          Working...
          X