• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garret Stutz: "Don't waste this opportunity,"

NIT EXPERIENCE CAN TRANSFORM A TEAM

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Can you shoot me a PM with ideas of things to do in Greenville? I have a friend going to Greenville with his elderly father (next week, I think). He kinda got the impression that there's NOTHING to do in Greenville, so I just wanted to give him some suggestions.
      FYI Lots to do in Greenville. Greenville is most populated county in SC with 490,000 people. It has the largest mall in the state, a 16,000 seat arena downtown, 2,100 seat performing arts center downtown. Has a professional hockey team in ECHL. They are hosting the Kansas City Mavericks tomorrow night. 100 restaurants in downtown, Visit Falls Park in downtown with a water fall and suspended walking bridge over it. Has a Dave and Busters with a Top Golf opening in May. Lots of recreational things. There are 10-12 hotels downtown. Short drive to the mountains and lakes. Hope this helps.

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Not everyone gets a "Top Golf" and "Dave and Busters"; that's some pretty good company.
        Last edited by WstateU; March 20, 2019, 11:53 AM.

• Don't want to beat a dead horse... But last time I'll ask.. Any where in town to watch the game... sports bar or any type of establishment?

Comment

• Kashman
        Kashman commented
        Editing a comment
        Just called The Hill at Douglass and Oliver. They are streaming the game

• bighouse
        bighouse commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like Fuzzys taco shop will be streaming the game in their banquet room.

• Streaming at home. No idea who is showing it at a bar or restaurant.

Comment

• choida
        choida commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have to log into Cox or will it just stream by clicking the link?

• WuShock16
        WuShock16 commented
        Editing a comment
        choida Since it is ESPN3 (meaning online only), it should be available to anyone and not need a cable subscription.

• 1979Shocker
        1979Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you still need to be authenticated by your service provider. Since it's on ESPN3 only, it means it won't be blacked out anywhere.

• The best I could get from Deano’s is “pretty sure” they will be able to. Ugh!

Comment

• Side pockets said no

Comment

• Vegas now has the Furman Paladins 5.5+ favorites.

Comment

• bighouse
          bighouse commented
          Editing a comment
          espn app has us 6.5 point dogs

• Whiskey Dicks at kellogg and seneca will jave a couple tvs streaming it

Comment

• If their MO is that the play disciplined O then I think we're in trouble, due to our -ahem- lack of the very same. I know D wins games, but in the end you still have to outscore the other guy. Hope our youth is not front and center tonight (be expecting different).

Comment

• "FU" = 69
            "We're going to beat the hell out of U" = 78

Go Shockers!!
            !

:poster_shocks::mad::ranting2::poster_wu:

Comment

• we play good D, I'm not worried about that. I'm just worried that our big guys get caught grabbing Rafferty to keep up with him. On the flip side, can they keep up with our offense? No one is talking about how Jamarius may have his way with their smaller guards, or how SHJ may be the quickest jitterbug they have seen this year. Not to mention that we have a big size advantage in the post. It's certainly an interesting matchup.

Comment

• Jhook89
                Jhook89 commented
                Editing a comment
                Actually I mention Burton in my analysis a couple days ago on this thread. I'm predicting he goes for at least 15.

• Unfortunately, I’m going to take the KCShox approach; I just don’t feel good about this game; a bad feeling in my old bones. Taking nothing away from Furman, but this will be a Super Bowl atmosphere... I hope to eat a big helping of ‘crow’ later this evening.

P.S. The feeling in my “old bones” might just be the weather. :)
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                NOOOOooooooo....

• pie n eye
                pie n eye commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m with you guys. I absolutely believe that we can beat them but Furman is a really good team and they get home court advantage. Might be too much to overcome but I’m excited to find out.

• Jhook89
                Jhook89 commented
                Editing a comment
                I am not sure why, but I actually feel really optimistic about this game and I am about as pessimistic as they come. I think we have two different approaches to throw at Rafferty if one isn't working. The 3 pt line being pushed back 20" hurts one of their strengths. They are small at almost every position. They essentially only play 7 guys. I agree they will be pumped about this game, but from the sound of it, so will our guys. If Jaime and Asbjorn play with some nastiness this game could actually get really ugly for Furman. They don't have anyone on their roster that can match our centers.

• Why am I so excited about this game?!!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                I can't help it! I'm pumped! Furman is REALLY good! It's do or die! Let's just DO! And keep on DOIN! Not sure where I am going with this actually ...

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                Me neither... not sure that 'gif' even fit with the pre-game discussion. :)

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                hahahaha

• I think we have enough length on the perimeter to bother them and the fact that the line is moved back also should help some.

As long as our guys close out strong and dont go under screens I think we can maybe keep them under their 3pt shooting percentage.

I am curious how well we will handle Rafferty.

No doubt we will need to shoot better than we have been. Gotta be over 40% I believe.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                Unfortunately, I’m going to take the KCShox approach; I just don’t feel good about this game; a bad feeling in my old bones. Taking nothing away from Furman, but this will be a Super Bowl atmosphere... I hope to eat a big helping of ‘crow’ later this evening.

P.S. The feeling in my “old bones” might just be the weather. :)
                Gona rain for sure!!!

Comment

Working...
                X