No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Furman Paladins Pregame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is we had better own the boards.

Comment

So glad the Seniors get at least one more game and our younger players get invaluable post season experience. Of course I want the Shox to go all the way, but if they don’t, please win at least one more game to extend the consecutive 20 game winning seasons streak.

Comment

Really excited that this team was able to get up off the deck and go on a nice run at the end of the year. Without that gut-check, they would not be post-season bound. I'm not sure what to think of WSU's chances, but would like to think they are capable of winning a few games. I love that they get the opportunity for yet another 20-win season and the chance to get some more game experience together.

GO SHOX!

Comment

Just want to Gt Marshall's 503rd win.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Wonder if it's time to shut Jamie down for the year and let his foot start healing. More poor bear...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

This may not be a great defensive match-up for Mit.

Comment

Let's make Gregg's 500th Win a Postseason one.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                  This may not be a great defensive match-up for Mit.
                  Maybe. He is 6'8" 218#. But has only attempted 24 three-pointers this season, so stays under the basket, I'd guess.
                  G 32
                  GS 32
                  MP 1066
                  FG 206
                  FGA 334
                  FG% 0.617
                  2P 198
                  2PA 310
                  2P% 0.639
                  3P 8
                  3PA 24
                  3P% 0.333
                  FT 130
                  FTA 170
                  FT% 0.765
                  ORB 85
                  DRB 205
                  TRB 290
                  AST 136
                  STL 79
                  BLK 36
                  TOV 67
                  PF 68
                  PTS 550
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

We all know that RT is 4 of 43 from three. But are we aware that RT is the only non-big to shoot over 50% inside the arc?

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Plus, he's even hot from three: 3 for his first 42, but 1-1 against Cincy. If he keeps that up, he'll catch Alex Lomax soon.

West Virginia, DePaul, and South Florida playing in the CBI. Wow!

Comment

I'd put MM on Raferty BUT I'd have JE or AM, whoever is in, guard the least dangerous forward in
                      at the time and cheat to help out when he touches it. Make their weakest link beat us. With a deeper
                      3 pt line we must stop Rafferty and we must beat them to the long rebounds - something we failed at
                      vs CU. Limit turnovers and pound it inside to get Rafferty in foul trouble.

Comment

• Jhook89
                        Jhook89 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I believe their other forward shoots 30%+ from 3. Can’t have our bigs on him.

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      I'd put MM on Raferty BUT I'd have JE or AM, whoever is in, guard the least dangerous forward in
                      at the time and cheat to help out when he touches it. Make their weakest link beat us. With a deeper
                      3 pt line we must stop Rafferty and we must beat them to the long rebounds - something we failed at
                      vs CU. Limit turnovers and pound it inside to get Rafferty in foul trouble.
                      They will change up the d on Rafferty to not allow comfort. He probably doesn’t play much against Long bigs like JE, nor against huge bodies who can rough him up a bit like AM. Then they’ll double him and force him to give up the rock in addition to a smaller player too. No telling which one will be more effective.

Comment

• Wooglin
                        Wooglin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We cant rough him up, the rule changes give out free throws like candy. Rafferty shoots 76% from the line. I prefer the Shocks play in tight and have Furman prove they can hit a 3 from 20 inches further back.

Are there any alumni events before the game around the Greenville area? My wife and I would love to hangout and grab dinner with some other Shocker faithful before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                        Looks like we will have several experimental rule changes in the mix as well.

The NIT has experimented with rule changes and will have three rule changes that will carry over to the 2019 tournament:
                        • The three-point line will be extended by 20 inches to match the same distance used by FIBA at 22 feet, 1.75 inches.
                        • The free-throw lane will be widened from 12 feet to 16 feet, consistent with the width used by the NBA.
                        • The shot clock will reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound instead of the full 30 seconds.

Here are the three new rule changes that will be implemented in this tournament:
                        • Team fouls will reset at the 10-minute mark of each half for the purpose of determining free throws.
                        • One-and-one free throws will be eliminated. Teams will shoot two bonus free throws after the fifth team foul of each 10-minute segment.
                        • Teams will be awarded two free throws for every foul committed under two minutes remaining in each half.
                        I feel like the 3pt line extension has to help us in this game, given what looks like the amount each team relies on the 3.

Not sure about the free throw lane width. We've been bad at boxing out this season, so that may hurt us.

Earlier in the year when we were bad from the line, that free-throw rule change would have helped us by giving us an automatic 2 shots even if we missed the first. Now that we are shooting well from the line, I feel like that takes away a strength.

Will be interesting to see how this all bakes out.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• choida
                          choida commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Shooters shoot...a couple feet back is a mute point... But I get y'all's point... They will have to adjust their trajectory.

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Maybe. He is 6'8" 218#. But has only attempted 24 three-pointers this season, so stays under the basket, I'd guess.
                        G 32
                        GS 32
                        MP 1066
                        FG 206
                        FGA 334
                        FG% 0.617
                        2P 198
                        2PA 310
                        2P% 0.639
                        3P 8
                        3PA 24
                        3P% 0.333
                        FT 130
                        FTA 170
                        FT% 0.765
                        ORB 85
                        DRB 205
                        TRB 290
                        AST 136
                        STL 79
                        BLK 36
                        TOV 67
                        PF 68
                        PTS 550
                        Looking at his assists (2nd on the team), tells me he spends a lot of time on the perimeter. Mit is not a good chaser out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X