Wichita State vs Temple (Conf. Tourn.) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    Did Ricky Torres play in the second half? Coach Marshall could be sending a message about his playing time.

If we were still in the MVC, he'd probably be a good player, but this is the AAC.
    Temple is a really bad matchup for Torres. They have multiple tall and quick guards. SHJ can deal with it due to his speed. Ricky doesn't have that advantage

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Todd Fagan's day is not done. They've got to get Markis and Dexter into those cold therapy hyperbolicchambermcthingys and get those guys back into shape.

There's so much to cover about that game tonight but I think I'll keep it short and sweet.

I love this program and how these guys have competed since Arkansas Tech Nov 3, 2007 through tonight. You've rarely if ever been cheated.

And I love this conference. Tomorrow could and should be a blast with 4 teams ready to get into a rock fight to get a win.

We may win tomorrow, we may lose tomorrow. But we're gonna get after it.

#AmericanPower #WatchUsSurviveandAdvance
      I just wish there were some short chant from our postseason runs of prior years that could be invoked to wake up the basketball gods and get them muttering amongst themselves... I don't know, maybe 6 words give or take? If only that existed it would remind me of 2013 and add a little mojo to a final month/postseason that - so far - has been just as unexpectedly good.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, CAP'N!

Speaking of mojo - and no offense to whoever does a great job with the pregame threads - but... who do I have to bribe/kill/marry/fork to get a genuine bona fide forevershockerfan pregame thread? Those things were instrumental during the great postseason runs of yesteryear.

It's mojo time, people. Start your engines, put on your game faces, and rewear your underwear if that's what you did back in 2013 and 2014.

Not that I did.

As far as you know.

Comment

• Looking at the box score is saddening. No balance whatsoever. Great balance with Temple however which is why they had a much better season. If we don't get more players involved tomorrow we are done.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Shocks persevere. Markis and Dexter were great.

Need more out of Jamarius and Jaime tomorrow and need to eliminate some of middle school brain cramps. Perhaps more Wu Juice intake would help that.

Does anyone try harder than God's Bear.

Let's get us a Bearcat pelt to hang on the wall tomorrow.
          We might be able to play with Cincy tomorrow if JE would show up and play. He sure is playing soft. He doesn't go to the ball for rebounds and he let's little guards drive to the basket and shoot. What happen to the other JE we used to see?

Comment

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Regarding Jaime we really don't know for sure if his foot is still giving him problems. So I hate to be too hard on him absent knowing for sure how healthy he is.

• Topshock
            Topshock commented
            Editing a comment
            He looks hurt again. If he isn't, I wouldn't have very kind words about him.

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Temple is a really bad matchup for Torres. They have multiple tall and quick guards. SHJ can deal with it due to his speed. Ricky doesn't have that advantage
          Coach Marshall doesn't send messages. If he has got something to say he will tell you. Agree bad match up for RT.

Comment

• pie n eye
            pie n eye commented
            Editing a comment
            He’s def not going to risk the outcome of a game to send a message to Ricky.

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post
          Coach Marshall can grab career win number 500 with a W tomorrow. That would be a great way to do it.
          And keep the 20 win season streak alive. I prefer that one.

Comment

• Marshall needs one more for #500? I smell another game winner coming tomorrow. Why not?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              Looking at the box score is saddening. No balance whatsoever. Great balance with Temple however which is why they had a much better season. If we don't get more players involved tomorrow we are done.

T

I totally agree. Most everyone were looking to pass, like they were too afraid to shoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                Looking at the box score is saddening. No balance whatsoever. Great balance with Temple however which is why they had a much better season. If we don't get more players involved tomorrow we are done.

T

This is a lame post for your first one on this thread.

Comment

• proshox
                  proshox commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I concur. A game against a solid squad that have the exact personnel to exploit WSU’s weaknesses and that is his only thought.

• shocker43
                  shocker43 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep. Bad take. Everyone who played more than 5 minutes scored, and got at least one assist except our bigs. WSU bench outscored Temple's bench.

• Cinci favored by 5.5, too high. Go Shox.

Comment

• I guess I don’t see the reason for negativity.. this team is a far sight from where they were... yes Jaime had a terrible night but all in all great showing!

Comment

• pie n eye
                    pie n eye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Win ugly!

• Got to be maddening for AM to get so open so many times in the post and not get the ball

Comment

• Samaje might not have any legs today because that dude was busting his ass to guard Shizz last night. What a great effort. Just need him to be strong with the ball tonight and hit some open looks.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
                      Shocktoberfest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      100%. I was so proud of his defensive effort last night. Just huge. And it helped keep Dexter on the court.

• And is there a better name matchup? Samajae v. Shizz.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X