No announcement yet.

AAC Tournament discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does Memphis ripping into UCF put them on the bubble or are they safely in?

Comment

• ShockerPrez
      ShockerPrez commented
      Editing a comment
      Doubtful. I think they are still safe.

So far the AAC quarterfinal games have been less than impressive in terms of competitiveness.

Wouldn't surprise me if Cincy pounds SMU.

I don't expect the Shocks will run away from Temple so let's hope that game turns out to be the most competitive of the day.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 15, 2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• wichshock65
      wichshock65 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm still holding out hope that we have a shot at Cincy.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    So far the AAC quarterfinal games have been less than impressive in terms of competitiveness.

Wouldn't surprise me if Cincy pounds Temple.

I don't expect the Shocks will run away from Temple so let's hope that game turns out to be the most competitive of the day.
    I would be fine if Cincy wants to pound Temple for us. ;)
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Oops. Corrected.

Temple wil be plenty tough though with or without Cincy's help.

Cincy looks less than inspired

Comment

SMU would be up 10 if they could get defensive rebounds

Comment

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Cronin must not of had anyone new show up for tryouts.

Glad Cincy had to play everyone the whole game. Should help us tomorrow!
      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• 1979Shocker
        1979Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        They should be pretty rested is they played everyone.

Joey L has Temple playing TCU in the play-in game. TCU is garbage though. Temple would eat them for breakfast.

Comment

Memphis/Houston is gonna be some good TV. I love our new conference!!!!

Comment

BTW. Being in our position needing to win the tournament for a ticket to the dance is a drag compared to what we’ve gotten used to. Be this is a great ride. So much fun! Go Shox!!! You got this boys!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
            Joey L has Temple playing TCU in the play-in game. TCU is garbage though. Temple would eat them for breakfast.
            Would love to watch WSU bust Joey's bracket on this one by winning this tournament. :poster_shocks:

Comment

Who would the winner of our game rather face tomorrow - what some consider a F4 caliber Houston team or a surging Memphis with home court advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                Who would the winner of our game rather face tomorrow - what some consider a F4 caliber Houston team or a surging Memphis with home court advantage?
                I would take either because of course that means we would have won today.

But seriously that's a great question that I'm not sure has a good answer. I think we'd be in major trouble with either one.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• pie n eye
                  pie n eye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah they both have really good guards which can be our weakness at times although it’s improved throughout the season.

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                Unfortunately that means a couple more bid stealers and Temple will be NITing it. Would the AAC get 3 NIT bids? Not that I like settling for the NIT. Just thinking realistic.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  Metrics and Vegas say Memphis and it isn’t even close. I personally don’t see any scenario where we beat Memphis in Memphis with an NCAA bid on the line. I do see a scenario where Houston can play bad and we can play over our heads and potentially win in a huge upset.

Comment

• pie n eye
                    pie n eye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was leaning towards Memphis just based on the fact that I would like to see Revenge Tour 2019 continue and like you said they aren’t as good on paper though Memphis, like us, is playing better than the rankings would indicate. I think.

I’m hoping for two great games today.

• Shocktoberfest
                    Shocktoberfest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Absolutely rather play Houston. Also. Interesting that Houston is giving 9 today. That is a ton of points to a team at home the way Memphis has been playing.

At the game. Not impressed with Memphis. Fans are sitting on their hands. NBA style without anything close to NBA. Lomax, meh... That being said, probably 13000 Memphis fans here.
                  Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• AndShock
                    AndShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    13k is being very generous. 5k+ generous.
                Working...
                X