No announcement yet.

President Bardo Passes Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There may be a larger memorial tribute to Dr Bardo later but there was a very modest obituary in the Eagle today. I would assume this is a mirror of the man himself. I agree we may never see anther like him in our lifetime. I hope they find one that can carry his torch for not only our University but for Wichita as well

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm optimistic they will choose wisely... there's too much at stake.

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      They won't. Hiring The Bardo in the first place was pure dumb luck. We got a guy that was poised to explode in his golden years. Wichita State has gotten out of control in Kansas. Hell, we've even made the EXTREMELY RARE move of upgrading to a semi-power conference without football. Bardo was behind it all...

As has already been mentioned, the powers that be in the state of Kansas have been biding their time until they can realign the pecking order of the three major state institutions. This is their time now. We've gotten way too far ahead of Silo Tech and closed the gap somewhat on the Rock, Cheat, ChicKUns of Lowrents, Ks.

Mark my words; the end of the university golden era is upon us. Let's just hope the impact The Bardo made will persist far into the future until we can get lucky again.

T

...:cool:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        Incredible man.

T

...:cool:

Let's do it for him
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Man, he was THE MAN!

https://twitter.com/chris_lillytv/st...670046720?s=21

Wow, just WOW!

https://twitter.com/chris_lillytv/st...630683648?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          Yikes!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Is there a time line in place for selecting a replacement?
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Last article said 8 to 10 months. The first question asked of any candidate should be how he sees athletics and if he sees them as an integral part such as the front door of our University

Comment

The problem is that the KBoR do the interviewing and hiring which an argument can be made does not always have WSU’s best interest at heart. That was one of Bardo’s strong points. An innovator with a vision that surpassed the sheepish intellect and protected interests of the KU/KSU Regent members and their backroom deals.

WSU needs to continue the path that JB started. KBoR be damned. WSU needs to be the premier and largest university in the state and continue to expand its academic choices ( such as a dental school, medical school).

As Cold points out above. Its going to be difficult. Hopefully, Wichita leaders will push the KBoR to make a good choice.

RIP JB. You sir are missed!

Comment

A SJW type President would be devastating for WSU and it's momentum right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
                    A SJW type President would be devastating for WSU and it's momentum right now.
                    I am sorry I don't understand what your saying , so could please clarify what you mean when you say a SJW type of president.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I am sorry I don't understand what your saying , so could please clarify what you mean when you say a SJW type of president.
                      Soil Judging Wiccan. Fairly common within the fringes of any public land grant university.

I’m assuming you’re actually asking a question instead of making a statement, and that the word “saying” in your sentence is a verb instead of a noun.

Comment

• pie n eye
                        pie n eye commented
                        Editing a comment
                        , sick grammar burN

. !

• ROOT ANGRY!
                        ROOT ANGRY! commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wrong.
                        There's no such thing as a grammar burn from someone who can't tell when to use "its" or "it's".
                        SMDH. My third grade grandson knows the difference.

Skeleton jazz wizard

A saxophone playing necromancer
                      Person 1:That guy raised the dead just to make a jazz band
                      Person 2:I guess he's an SJW
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Soil Judging Wiccan. Fairly common within the fringes of any public land grant university.

I’m assuming you’re actually asking a question instead of making a statement, and that the word “saying” in your sentence is a verb instead of a noun.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Sorry I didn’t buy your definition so I googled it. Yeah we wouldn’t need a social justice warrior and am mystefied at your seemingly snarky comment. Unless of course you two have an ongoing feud I don’t know about. So if that is what is going on have at it

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
                            SHOCKvalue commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The guy who you think I was snarky towards didn't need to google what SJW meant, hence the snark.
                        Working...
                        X