Rod is a 3 that has been playing the 4.

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you explain further?

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
        Rod is a 3 that has been playing the 4.
        He does not shoot well enough to be a 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He does not shoot well enough to be a 3.
          He also does not dribble well. I feel I’m understating this.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            he's a 4, period. He's a poor man's Rashard Kelly

• Stickboy46
            Stickboy46 commented
            Editing a comment
            If he can adopt Rashard's senior year mentality of "I'm going to grab every rebound and dunk everything your face", he could be very useful. The athletic tools are there.

Teddy can drive the ball like no other. Dex can shoot....I see this as a deadly combo

Comment

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm expecting Teddy to surprise everyone with his 3 point shooting next year. He's had a year off to work on it.

Our current 3 doesn't dribble well either.

Size and defensive versatility makes him a better 3 than a 4. He can guard 1-3, but probably too small to guard a taller 4 and can't switch onto a 5. Pretty decent perimeter defender that is good at stopping penetration also makes him better at the 3 than the 4.

Offense needs work, agreed, but he, at some points in the season, seemed to be the only guy that wanted to drive the ball, although unsuccessful, and is good at finding the right time to cut.

Comment

• shocker43
            shocker43 commented
            Editing a comment
            Which is why he wouldn't start over DD. The comment was more that ball handling isn't a fair criticism of RB's ability to be a 3.

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            he might be able to guard a 3 but 3G likes wings that can shoot and Rod Brown can't do that. He can guard tall 4s all day long and can even switch up on post players. Most posts in this league are int he 6'8" range, so not a huge problem

• wufan
            wufan commented
            Editing a comment
            It is true that our current 3 doesn’t dribble well, but he handles it much better than Rod Brown. Our current three DOES shoot much better and drives much better. Those are all weaknesses in RBs game, and they are all things you want in a wing. RB has the body and athleticism to be a three, but that’s it. We’d be much better off with Erik at the 3.

The ways our offense currently uses the 3 and 4 isn’t very different. The 3 and 4 both face the basket and almost always stretch the court. They are allowed freedom to shoot the 3 and drive the ball whenever they can. It really doesn’t matter who plays where. Teddy is bigger but Dexter jumps higher.

Comment

Teddy is probably not 6'5". Dex can't dribble, dunno if Teddy can.

Comment

• Shockm
              Shockm commented
              Editing a comment
              Teddy, I would guess weighs 220-225 lbs. and carries more girth is how it looks to me, but isn't an athletic jumper. I would guess he is 6'5 but no taller than Dexter. Dexter probably weighs more at 205-210 lbs.but he's solid and has hops to spare.

Ok, I'm not seeing the concern about the ball handling with DD. Does he have the handles of a point guard? No. But his ball handling is effective enough for him to get to the rim or the middle of the paint. He also has done fine as a relief valve against full court pressure. I imagine his ball handling will continue to improve, but it's certainly good enough for the time being.
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• pie n eye
              pie n eye commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m with you, he dribbles just fine.

• ShockerPrez
              ShockerPrez commented
              Editing a comment
              It's at least as good as MM. He did okay.

I am firmly in the Texter camp.
            Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Comment

• ShockerPrez
                ShockerPrez commented
                Editing a comment
                I saw this and thought "Oh great, Dex broke his wrist on that dunk!!!"

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Very fine article on Dexter by Taylor.

I have one question about Teddy on the offensive end and it's not whether he can score. Will he make those around him better?
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
              X