Realistic shot at NIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Well that sucks some....from ESPNU to 3 on Wednesday. I think because Furman said they couldn't play Tuesday (home baseball game).
    That does suck :(
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• ESPN3 it is then
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Well that sucks some....from ESPNU to 3 on Wednesday. I think because Furman said they couldn't play Tuesday (home baseball game).
        Then they should have moved it here! Lol

Comment

• choida
          choida commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I would jump on board with that for most anyone except Furman and maybe UNC-Greensboro. They have been screwed over enough by the NCAA this year. Furman deserves a home game.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 18, 2019, 09:03 AM.

• Surprised a host school can just dictate scheduling like that, even if it were a P5.

Comment

What’s the problem? Do they only have one PA, scorekeeper, and ticket taker? That’s a small time way to run a Div. 1 Athletic Dept.

Comment

• Wish it were on the U but the team could probably use the extra day of rest after 3 games in 3 days.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              Thought the same thing; if Tuesday game, they’d be flying east tomorrow after a tough loss yesterday.

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Play it Wednesday AND move it here -- that's the ticket!

• Well, guess I'll miss it then. Why every game isn't on one of the ESPN channels is beyond me. I don't get ESPN3. Bunch of bs.

Comment

• DJShocker10
              DJShocker10 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m pretty sure if you get regular espn on your tv subscription you can watch espn3 on the watch espn app.

• shockerfanmas
              shockerfanmas commented
              Editing a comment
              Eh, wouldn't matter anyways I guess. At 6 PM Wednesday I'll be on a baseball field coaching. Guess I'll have to hope they win so maybe they'll be on real tv in the next round.

• ESPNU

Comment

• Yahoo sports app shows Tuesday... I'm guessing they are slow on posting times and making changes as week

Comment

• their best player is post Matt Rafferty. We gotta deny touches to the post as he is a good facilitator for the 3 point shooting. We shut down Rafferty and we shut down their offensive flow. The extended 3 point line may be an issue. McDuff and Stevenson are the two guys that may be ok from the longer distances, but the rest of our team generally shoot with their toes on the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  their best player is post Matt Rafferty. We gotta deny touches to the post as he is a good facilitator for the 3 point shooting. We shut down Rafferty and we shut down their offensive flow. The extended 3 point line may be an issue. McDuff and Stevenson are the two guys that may be ok from the longer distances, but the rest of our team generally shoot with their toes on the line.
                  That’s what we said about Marshall’s Jon Elmore last year and he lit us up in our loss. Easier said than done. I don’t disagree with you needing to stop Rafferty but m more of the mind to say he’ll get his, we need to make sure his teammates don’t.

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I see what you're saying, but I think our post defense this year is better than our perimeter defense was last year (which was really awful). Conner, Landry and Reaves were all below average defenders. We have a size advantage on Rafferty and have 3 guys that can rotate in to wear him down. Hopefully we don't get in early foul trouble down low. Between Dennis, Burton and McDuffie we have good size to defend the perimeter and SHJ has shown to be a decent defender himself. I like our chances here.
                Working...
                X