Realistic shot at NIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLECH!!!
    • The 3-point line will be extended by approximately 1 foot, 8 inches to the same distance used by FIBA for international competition (22 feet, 1.75 inches).
    • The free throw lane will be widened from 12 feet to 16 feet, consistent with the width used by the NBA.
    • The shot clock will reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound instead of the full 30 seconds.
    • Team fouls will reset at the 10-minute mark of each half for the purpose of determining free throws and one-and-one free throws will be eliminated. Teams will shoot two bonus free throws after the fifth team foul of each 10-minute segment. Additionally, teams will be awarded two bonus free throws after the second team foul committed under two minutes remaining in each half if that foul occurs before the fifth team foul of the segment. In each overtime period, team fouls will reset, and teams will shoot two free throws beginning with the fourth team foul or the second team foul committed under two minutes remaining if that comes before the fourth team foul of the overtime period.

Comment

• Memphis, Creighton and Loyola all in the same bracket.

Comment

• How do I get tickets?! Call Furman tomorrow? Game details?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
        Kinda meh. But we are in. Too bad we can’t host.
        Furman's campus sure isn't meh. Some folks thought Marshall was kind of meh 1st round opponent last year also. The Shocks better not take Furman lightly and I don't think they will.

Check out the Furman campus: https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...oiowE3oECAUQBg

Comment

• shoxlax
          shoxlax commented
          Editing a comment
          Furman won at Villanova. Enough said.

• We will get a great scouting report from Forbes.

Comment

• Furman is #41 NET. For perspective, that’s 135 spots better than Bradley.

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            Furman should have been in ahead of St Johns. Did Furman lose any games by FORTY?

• I have a family member who works in athletics at Furman and they are jacked! So is he as he wears WSU gear around campus a bit as well. They will play on campus, which is a smaller arena. Beautiful campus and location in general. While there are flights into GSP (Greeville/Spartanburg) you can fly into ATL and drive the 3 1/2 hours. Just avoid high traffic times in ATL. The Paladins will be a formidable opponent.
          Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• They averaged 1600 fans a game in 2018 if I read the data right.

Comment

• Furman appears to be a great 3-point shooting team. Here’s to hoping the extension of the 3-point line helps neutralize that.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                1979Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe RT finds a groove at the longer distance, and then maybe not.

• Comment

• Now that the Shocks know where they have been planted it's time to bloom angry.

Comment

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And hit the “Wu Juice”...

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, Wu Juice can double as an effective fertilizer among many other uses. It's a super-product.

• 3 guys 6'8"

Comment

• Wednesday 6pm Central
                  Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• 3 Memphis
                    6 Wichita State
                    7 Loyola

Comment

• I am so happy I was wrong. It is another game we get to watch. Our guys deserved this. Go shocks beat Furman.

Comment

Working...
                      X