Realistic shot at NIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
    WSU should be in it after the close Cincinnati game.
    Would be a real kick in the nads if they didn’t, considering how encouraging the AAC tourney was.

Comment

• A poster on here stated yesterday that we are already in and we'll be hosting on Tuesday.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I don't feel comfortable at all that we are even in let alone hosting

Comment

• Seems like a lot of one bid conference champions have been upset.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Triticum aestivum L.
          Triticum aestivum L. commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep and Montana getting their assess kicked right now.

• Even as a low seed or no home game it has to be a no brainer. Just a question on where Temple sits.

Comment

• Some how I feel the same way about this issue that I felt about Teddy Allen being approved for elgibilty by the NCAA. I know it's different people and issues, but I just don't have the confidence in those folks making the decision. I hope I am wrong because It would be good for this team.

Comment

• My two cents...which is worth about a penny.

The NCAA is a business, plain and simple. They are going to want to have teams that draw attendance. Nothing is worse than watching a game on television where there is no one in the stands. Bad for advertising and the NIT as an NCAA brand. The NCAA knows this. Ultimately, they set the rules and apply them however, they see fit. (See Teddy Allen) WSU, with the play over the last 14 games has proven to be a near NCAA team. Couple that with the way we draw a crowd at home (even in a "down year"). This will give the NCAA enough reasoning to get the Shockers in and give us a home game.

But what do I know.

Comment

• Shock Top
              Shock Top commented
              Editing a comment
              Would make sense, which is why it likely won’t happen.

• The place will sell out, if it matters anything at all how a team finishes, I'd be shocked if im not sitting in Koch Arena in a couple of days.
            Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              I don't feel comfortable at all that we are even in let alone hosting
              For an optimistic guy, that seems pretty harsh.

I'm more even-keeled and I think we're a shoe-in, especially since somebody is already confirming it.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                Not sure I wanna give those scumbags the gift of a home game and use it as an excuse to blast their fake superiority over us.

On the other hand, it would be extra sweet to punch those bags in the face at home and have scoreboard.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• NIT would be a good fit for us this Season. Our home crowds will cheer us to victory and make some green for the tourney.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

For an optimistic guy, that seems pretty harsh.

I'm more even-keeled and I think we're a shoe-in, especially since somebody is already confirming it.
                    I like our resume but not our NET. Feel like it's a reason to keep us out.

Comment

• I’m thinking that Memphis may be picked ahead of us. Slightly better resume and would also probably draw well. Would they pick two teams from the AAC ?

Comment

• I'm so proud of this team for what they've accomplished and what they've become. It's beyond impressive how much they've grown and matured over the last few weeks and months.

Something inside of me though says they've given all they can give this season. Perhaps it's just me, but it feels like they might be on empty, physically and emotionally. I'm not sure that there's much to be gained from further competition this year. Just a comment, and I hope I'm wrong. I certainly want the team to do what they want, whatever that is.

Comment

Working...
                        X