Realistic shot at NIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
    LOL...I’ll take whatever is coming to me with my usual grace and humility.
    How "inside" is your info? Lol. Hopefully not just from inside your head.. haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

How "inside" is your info? Lol. Hopefully not just from inside your head.. haha
      Honestly, when I was told the info mid-week (last week), it was pretty dog gone reliable. I’m not sure how much things changed over the last few days with the way things played out in the tournaments...but, I’m holding onto my source and hoping he’s right. The info he got was absolutely reliable.

Comment

• OK, did Coach say that Duff and SHJ would decide whether we would accept a bid to go on or not? Or did I imagine that?

Comment

• It appears that the team will make the decision whether or not to accept the invitation to a tourney and I would be surprised if our players d3cide to accept any invitation besides the NIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          OK, did Coach say that Duff and SHJ would decide whether we would accept a bid to go on or not? Or did I imagine that?
          I think he said that the team would decide. I would think that the two Seniors would be very important in that decision and the lack of publicity, and prestige that go along with the CIT, etc. makes those tourneys unimpressive. Who wants to play teams from the SWAC, SoCon, Atlantic Sun, MAC, etc. no matter how they may be. What’s the motivation? That would be noting but a letdown.

Comment

• Georgia State wins. So that means 11 auto bids. That's one less than last year.

Comment

• Some talk on the AAC board that the conference does not allow CIT or CBI participation by its members. No idea if that is official, unsaid, or total BS.

Not my decision obviously, but participation in anything below the NIT is a really bad look. Not the company we would want to keep, even if we were still in the MVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

Honestly, when I was told the info mid-week (last week), it was pretty dog gone reliable. I’m not sure how much things changed over the last few days with the way things played out in the tournaments...but, I’m holding onto my source and hoping he’s right. The info he got was absolutely reliable.
                I'm hoping that's because someone was told that WSU needed to prep to host. That's the only way I can see it being legit

Comment

• Is the CIT changing it's criteria this year?

Plus the CIT does not take teams from the American Athletic Conference.

Teams from "major conferences" (defined by CollegeInsider.com as the Power Five conferences, Atlantic 10 Conference, American Athletic Conference, Big East Conference, Conference USA and Mountain West Conference) are generally ineligible.

The CBI maybe but it is still mostly mid-major oriented and has not had a P-5 or AAC team in it for a while now.

Comment

• If it’s the same source in the AD I have, then it is a source due to job title and nothing more, not due to the actual accuracy of the takes.

The group of people who are actually aware of the inner workings of the MBB program is a tiny fraction of the total number of folks who work at CKA.

Comment

• Who are we fighting with for the last couple of NIT at-larges?

Comment

• Not sure the accuracy of this site. But it had us as a 6 seed in the NIT until the most recent update. As of 3:45pm CST he dropped WSU out of the NIT. Unless I am overlooking something.

*This is both NCAA and NIT bracketology. Scroll down for the NIT.

Our Bracketology for 2024! We list projections for all of NCAA Basketball tournament seeds as well as the NIT tournament in March.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 19h19 hours ago

Gregg Marshall said it will be up to the two seniors ultimately if the Shockers play in the postseason. The obvious hope is WSU will hear its name called late Sunday night in the NIT Selection Show. But would Shockers play in the CBI? They'll decide that only if they have to.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                            Not sure the accuracy of this site. But it had us as a 6 seed in the NIT until the most recent update. As of 3:45pm CST he dropped WSU out of the NIT. Unless I am overlooking something.

*This is both NCAA and NIT bracketology. Scroll down for the NIT.

https://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/
                            He had WSU as the last at-large in but since Harvard lost, they stole our bid.

We'll see how it all actually goes. Not sure why Arkansas or Providence should be above us but I digress.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 19h19 hours ago

Gregg Marshall said it will be up to the two seniors ultimately if the Shockers play in the postseason. The obvious hope is WSU will hear its name called late Sunday night in the NIT Selection Show. But would Shockers play in the CBI? They'll decide that only if they have to.
                              Why is it only up to two players? Aren't there more players on the team?

I would be pretty disappointed if we declined an NIT bid. Actually, I'd be pretty pissed. 2 months ago, the NIT would have been a dream.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• shoxlax
                                shoxlax commented
                                Editing a comment
                                We won’t decline an NIT bid
                            Working...
                            X