No announcement yet.

Wichita State at SMU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those posters calling for McDuffie to be benched...

...Have you noticed who replaces McDuffie when he takes a seat? McDuffie needs to be on the court for a LOT of minutes, regardless of the game he's having.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• AndShock
      AndShock commented
      Editing a comment
      A guy who made 3 fewer shots on 15 fewer attempts.

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      His shots will always drive me crazy, but he plays hard on defense and had 9 boards today.

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      9 boards is a good game

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Shhh. You must be 6.
    I get frustrated when gregg takes the air out of the ball with way too much time on the game clock. It reinforces terrible shots by our seniors. I also get frustrated that when we do have a big lead, our team leaders feel the need to go selfish. I love Dennis and Burton and their ability to quietly put in sound performances. I also like our "team" post players that utilize their individual skills to make a solid position for the Shockers.

There, 2 negative comments and 2 positive ones. That's called balance. Try it!

Comment

• I will gladly listen to counter arguments, but as the new guys get better, do the seniors' flaws, (primarily lack of BBIQ), become more pronounced. My concern with the BBIQ seems to be a lack of understanding time and score, and looking for their points instead of team points. Several specific examples from 2nd half. SHJ jacks up several shots within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock. McD has a spinning fall away in the lane, and toward the very end, some weak attempt at a layup when it was 2 on 1. A dump off to Poor Bear gets us a dunk. Young guys starting to look better and better. Yes, they have their warts, but warts that most freshmen have. Seniors have warts that most high level D1 players shouldn't have.
      Last edited by mattdalt; March 3, 2019, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• We need less volume shooting and more shots taken in the flow of offense. The seniors go rogue way too often with shot selection.

Comment

• Early in the season, if Duff and SHJ DIDN’T go off we couldn’t win. Now we can win a road game when both aren’t very good. #Progress

Comment

• Shocker1976
            Shocker1976 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great comment; could not agree more!

• I'm not on any side of the fence, but we won a road game today when early in the year we couldn't win a HOME game. Good game Shocks. Yes the seniors are struggling, but that happens. Last 5 games, they have attempted 137 shots and made 41 of them. If they snap out of their shooting slump, look out AAC Tourney!:wsu_posters:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
            The hchange in how we guarded ball screens with bigs made a big difference in the game. Solid strategy.
            Asbjorn is starting to play to his greatest strength coming in: lateral footwork on the defensive block. He's active down there.

UConn's bigs' and SMU's bigs' today looked a little hesitant on the block offensively.

Comment

• Shox The Revenant nearly nailed it... “Shox lose by 13. They'll come out flat after their emotional win against UCONN.”
              He’s like clockwork. :)
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I’d love to get the auto bid, however if we don’t...I think us winning the next two and one in the tourney get us an NIT bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  I’d love to get the auto bid, however if we don’t...I think us winning the next two and one in the tourney get us an NIT bid.
                  Yes, totally agree and a successful season.

Comment

• 1. JB, AM, JE, ES and DD all with solid games - seniors not so much
                    2. Good ball movement the first half but not the second
                    3. RB had a very nice baseline drive
                    4. Our defense was not that great - they just couldn't hit squat
                    5. Took very good care of the ball
                    6. Need to reel off at least the next three and hopefully that will send us to the NIT
                    7. Keep improving

Comment

• Maizerunner08
                      Maizerunner08 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agreed, I think the team needs to work on feeding the post. Our big guys were in good position but weren’t getting the ball. Way too much passing at the top of the key

• There was a time early in the season where it looked like this team might not win 12 games. Now they have a chance to win 10 conference games, grab the 6 seed, and face ECU in the first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I get frustrated when gregg takes the air out of the ball with way too much time on the game clock. It reinforces terrible shots by our seniors. I also get frustrated that when we do have a big lead, our team leaders feel the need to go selfish. I love Dennis and Burton and their ability to quietly put in sound performances. I also like our "team" post players that utilize their individual skills to make a solid position for the Shockers.

There, 2 negative comments and 2 positive ones. That's called balance. Try it!
                      We won a road game. We won a road game we were an underdog in. We now have a solid lock on 6th, winning 7 of our 9 games.

We won despite some horrific shooting and BBIQ from our seniors. That is a blessing. Winning the last 2 would be a 9-2 finish. That is something to be proud about despite our team's deficiencies.

Oh and **** Tim Jankovich.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Because I'm responding to a guy that wants to challenge me to a fight? lol Because I call out some bad in the game?

Go back to your hole that you've been in the last few months.
                        You mean your mom's hole?

Hahaha sorry I didn't mean that. Couldn't resist

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

You mean your mom's hole?

Hahaha sorry I didn't mean that. Couldn't resist
                          I hope you didn't. That would be something a 6 year old would say lol

PS that was actually funny
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ShockerPhi
                            ShockerPhi commented
                            Editing a comment
                        Working...
                        X