No announcement yet.

The Next Shocker NBA Rep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw more basketball talent out of freshman Landry and Freshman MM than I do Dexter, but Dexter's size and athleticism as a freshman exceeds both of them today. DD has some real quality coaches that can work with him to develop the talent. If he stays healthy and focused, I'd be shocked if DD doesn't get to the NBA.

I think MM has a shot as a role player similar to Landry, but he might have to go the FVV/RB undrafted route.

Comment

• Shocker1976
      Shocker1976 commented
      Editing a comment
      Landry is playing a nice role with the Clippers - as a starter!

• ArtVandalay
      ArtVandalay commented
      Editing a comment
      His stats are much better coming off the bench. He was yet to shoot better than 30% from 3 in games he starts. Shooting 40% of the bench

• pie n eye
      pie n eye commented
      Editing a comment
      If he can shoot 40% from the bench just imagine his accuracy if he was out on the court.

McDuffie looks like a decent player without a position in the NBA. He's not strong enough to play PF and he doesn't have (or hasn't shown) the handles to be a ball handler at SF or SG.

Echenique is unlikely to-play for an upper-tier Euro team. Maybe he'll have a breakout year, but right now he doesn't look like a better player than Stutz. I'd say he's not at the level Stutz was at as a Jr.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      I will just add that the NBA game nowadays doesn't have more than about 2 guys on the floor that really handle the ball. Post players are no longer 7 foot stiffs either. You have to be able to shoot threes to get a job in the NBA and Markis can do that. He can be a small forward because there isn't a lot of interior play or ball handling requirements from that position in the NBA.

I don't know if this an appropriate topic to discuss, with the season not yet finished. I haven't yet given up. :poster_shocks:

However, since I've only seen some of these players play (only) well (recently) I will withhold contributing. I will go so far as to say at this point none of them has a shot at getting drafted.....but playing in what sometimes amounts to a showcase or exhibition league (yeah, I mean the NBA) that in no way makes any of these players less than capable.The NBA game, officials, spokespersons, offices and everything just really leave me scratching my head sometimes. There are more and more days when I contemplate just giving up the sport all-together (college and pro).

You like playing ball and want to earn big $$$$$$$, go to the NBA. You may be signing your conscience away. You just want to play ball and play competitively, maybe its better to go overseas.

Comment

lol McDuffie ain't an NBA player.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WichitaStateGuy
        WichitaStateGuy commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreeing with you more and more often... feels kinda good.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      lol McDuffie ain't an NBA player.
      Actually with the new NBA where its all about standing at the 3 point line with one "big"....I could see a 6-8 guy with decent outside shooting get a shot

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what I think. It’s all about 3 point shooting now. McDuffie has serious issues, mainly strength and handles, but he can shoot a wide open 3 pointer with the best of them.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. Definitely a league full of ‘chuckers’...

You people that think JE has a shot in the league are out of your skull and are demonstrating that you do not know anything about the NBA.

MM will probably not get drafted. Dexter might.

Comment

The next Shocker NBA player has not yet worn a Shocker uniform. N'Faly Dante. Book it!

Comment

Working...
    X