Wichita State vs UConn Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    Who is JR?? If I could change one thing about Shockernet I would love for people to use last names, full or shortened. It is such a pain in the ass to read posts that use initials and I know all the players names. Does it really save that much time?
    Yes it does. I have time to make this post because I use initials.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
      GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
      Editing a comment
      I was just about to say the same thing. I'd rather use players nicknames than initials. When we get posters listing future starting lineups, using only initials, it is infuriating...like decoding a cypher.

• shockrah
      shockrah commented
      Editing a comment
      Who shot JR?

• You know, I like winning a game on a buzzerbeater as much as the next guy but... if the original plan was for SHJ to take the ball coast to coast and then let fly a 15 ft circus/H.O.R.S.E./finesse shot from the baseline while drifting out of bounds, well... our strategy crew has more yet to learn.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      6.4 seconds, 94 feet from the cup, what exactly do you expect? 3 man weave and a backdoor cut?

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    You know, I like winning a game on a buzzerbeater as much as the next guy but... if the original plan was for SHJ to take the ball coast to coast and then let fly a 15 ft circus/H.O.R.S.E./finesse shot from the baseline while drifting out of bounds, well... our strategy crew has more yet to learn.

T

...:cool:
    Hater
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      Who is JR?? If I could change one thing about Shockernet I would love for people to use last names, full or shortened. It is such a pain in the ass to read posts that use initials and I know all the players names. Does it really save that much time?
      Sorry, I meant JB. :playful:

Comment

• Congrats Shocks.

Comment

• WichitaStateGuy
          WichitaStateGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          Hurley will have you in the tournament in no more than 2 years.

• UConn highlights for the AAC website, Amazing how good you look when they only show the good stuff. OTOH there was quite a bit of good stuff to show and I think they only showed 1 Asbjorn's blocks.

I will say that yeah there may have been an element of luck in Samajae's game winner (as there are on a very many game winning buzzer beater shots) but there was a significant element of skill involved in that shot. After all it's not the first time he has hit a high difficulty floater this year. Was the luck-skill mix 50-50, 40-60, 80-20, 20-80. I don't know and I don't care. But I disagree with those saying or implying this was simply luck on Samajae's part. Now Samajae is far from perfect and there are elements of his game and style I don't particularly care for. But give a guy his due when he has EARNED IT. That was a great game winning play at the end of a game where Samajae overall played well. I for one am very happy for him and the Shocks.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 2, 2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          UConn highlights for the AAC website, Amazing how good you look when they only show the good stuff. OTOH there was quite a bit of good stuff to show and I think they only showed 1 Asbjorn's blocks.

I will say that yeah there may have been an element of luck in Samajae's game winner (as there are on a very many game winning buzzer beater shots) but there was a significant element of skill involved in that shot. After all it's not the first time he has hit a high difficulty floater this year. Was the luck-skill mix 50-50, 40-60, 80-20, 20-80. I don't know and I don't care. But I disagree with those saying are implying this was simply luck on Samajae's part. Now Samajae is far from perfect and there are elements of his game and style I don't particularly care for. But give a guy his due when he has EARNED IT. That was a great game winning play at the end of a game where Samajae overall played well. I for one am very happy for him and the Shocks.
          This.

Comment

• Not sure how many of you have seen this video. But you'd think Marshall wouldn't be having as much fun this season with some of the frustrating losses and occasional "freshman plays". But my God, that man is having the time of his life coaching a .500 team. He's retiring here, no doubt.

Comment

• Gotta enjoy the moments otherwise you’d be miserable in that profession

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                UConn highlights for the AAC website, Amazing how good you look when they only show the good stuff. OTOH there was quite a bit of good stuff to show and I think they only showed 1 Asbjorn's blocks.

I will say that yeah there may have been an element of luck in Samajae's game winner (as there are on a very many game winning buzzer beater shots) but there was a significant element of skill involved in that shot. After all it's not the first time he has hit a high difficulty floater this year. Was the luck-skill mix 50-50, 40-60, 80-20, 20-80. I don't know and I don't care. But I disagree with those saying are implying this was simply luck on Samajae's part. Now Samajae is far from perfect and there are elements of his game and style I don't particularly care for. But give a guy his due when he has EARNED IT. That was a great game winning play at the end of a game where Samajae overall played well. I for one am very happy for him and the Shocks.
                Thank you for a solid post (most of yours typically are) and giving props to a player who earned it.
                We agree SHJ's game has caused a significant amount of angst among SNers. He is what he is and isn't going to change this late in the game. But as Joe DiMaggio once said "It ain't bragging if you can do it." He has two game winners when it counted so if nothing else, he will be remembered for both.
                SHJ will not go down as one of the greatest Shockers but he has done (most of the time) what HCGM has asked and played a role on this team.
                Will he be missed next year?
                With what they have and what is coming, not likely.
                But he can finish his career on high note and even more importantly, walk out of the university with a degree and start the next chapter of his life.
                And... that's not too shabby for getting to play a game we all wish we could do!

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• While I was unable to attend, watch or listen to the UConn game, judging from the comments it sounds like AM had a good stretch. Good for him. While he will probably never be a consistent “force” on defense, he has shown enough to be brought back next year. Don’t think he should ever start if for no other reason, that he never even comes close to winning the opening tip.

After losing that, WSU always has a 50% chance of having one less possession for the game on alternating possessions.

Comment

• asiseeit
                    asiseeit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    not one of your best comments. you are obviously a denier

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you mean me, I was speaking more about the "starting" aspect. AM is strong going up, but not quick, nor can he jump that high. Shaq at 6'8" would win 95% of his jump balls. At 6'11", Jamie wins 85-90% of his jump balls. AM is going to win less than 50% at this time. Last night, 7' AM was no match for 6'10" Carlton. Things equal, you get the tip and you'd get 0 to +1 positions that game. Don't get the tip, 0 to -1 position.
                    AM is somewhat less versatile on matchups due to foot quickness, but he has made improvements as the year goes along. He can be and is a force now, just not necessarily a consistent one, particularly depending on the matchups. I don't know how far along he'll be by a senior. He may even improve enough to get most jump balls, but I'll have to see more than I do now. That does not mean he won't get the lion's share of floor minutes as a senior, but his body may still have limits then when it comes to certain matchups (more so than Shaq or Jamie).

• asiseeit
                    asiseeit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yes, I was replying to the original poster. if he can't see how important AM is to this years team
                    and the next two years all I can say is he needs to stop missing games

• Supposedly, SHJ yelled "Game" before the shot went in
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So did Teddy... :)

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

Not sure how many of you have seen this video. But you'd think Marshall wouldn't be having as much fun this season with some of the frustrating losses and occasional "freshman plays". But my God, that man is having the time of his life coaching a .500 team. He's retiring here, no doubt.
                  This is awesome. I am so glad this man is our coach. He is hard on our players to improve but there is real tough love with these guys. You cannot fake this kind of passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

This is awesome. I am so glad this man is our coach. He is hard on our players to improve but there is real tough love with these guys. You cannot fake this kind of passion.
                    I used to be able to fake passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I used to be able to fake passion.
                      Lmao. I am not going there.

Comment

Working...
                      X