No announcement yet.

Opinions on McDuffie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markis won't play in the NBA unless he has handles, which he doesn't. The 3 in the NBA has to dribble and make plays, in addition to shooting. Markis can't do that unfortunately.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      He needs more lower body strength. He's needed more lower body strength since he stepped on campus. He should be living in the squat rack.

T

...:cool:

Where's the option for "Very good shooter and serviceable defender/rebounder if he puts his mind to it - needs to use his ability to draw defenders to get his teammates some easy buckets".

T

Comment

Anyone remember that Coach Heiar "extreme" dribbling drill video??? That guy helped FVV to become a master dribbler. Markis could've used some of that development (as well as the rest of our guys on this years squad).

We miss Coach Heiar obviously. Had Markis been able to develope that part of his game he would be probably be almost a shoe-in at the 2-guard in the NBA.

I have to admit I've never thought of McDuffie as a potential NBA'er simply due to his lack of strength and unbelievably almost negative verticle up's...but I suppose it's still possible he'll get there (I hope) and maybe play the 2-guard if he can become a better ball handler. I mean he is tall, runs the court good and shoots the 3 ball very well. Plus defense ain't too shabby either.

Go Markis!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• bighouse
        bighouse commented
        Editing a comment
        Heiar was here is FR & SO years, didnt seem to work as well with Duff. We do miss Heiar a great deal though.

People talk about his lack of vertical. Yet he had enough ups to do this ...

Comment

Markis has had to play through a lot of adversities, just like others before him, during his career as a Shocker. But he has kept coming back and has carried this team on his back this entire year. Without Markis, I seriously doubt if we would be sitting at this point with more than 6 wins, give or take one.

He and SHJ were basically the only two players returning this year who had any significant D-1 experience, and even that was limited because both of them missed a number of games last year as well.

I realize I am in the minority, but I don't mind that all. What bothers me is:

Is it really necessary to totally bisect one of our outstanding young BB players, who has done nothing but give his all to his Coach, his Team Mates, his School, Yeah, and even to cynical fans, who blame him for our Freshmen not being as far developed as they had hoped.

Most likely, the same ones that projected top four Conference finishes (based on loosely defined potential, possibly winning the American Tournament, and an NCAA birth.

This failure lies with US, Not our seniors.

It's getting near that point where we need to start showing them some Respect.

Comment

He caught it below the rim and just barely sneaked it over for the flush. Big hands and good timing. I've seen him get stuffed enough times by 6'3" guys to know that he has a vertical (leg strength) problem. Nothing wrong with his skinny calves though.

T

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
            Markis has had to play through a lot of adversities, just like others before him, during his career as a Shocker. But he has kept coming back and has carried this team on his back this entire year. Without Markis, I seriously doubt if we would be sitting at this point with more than 6 wins, give or take one.

He and SHJ were basically the only two players returning this year who had any significant D-1 experience, and even that was limited because both of them missed a number of games last year as well.

I realize I am in the minority, but I don't mind that all. What bothers me is:

Is it really necessary to totally bisect one of our outstanding young BB players, who has done nothing but give his all to his Coach, his Team Mates, his School, Yeah, and even to cynical fans, who blame him for our Freshmen not being as far developed as they had hoped.

Most likely, the same ones that projected top four Conference finishes (based on loosely defined potential, possibly winning the American Tournament, and an NCAA birth.

This failure lies with US, Not our seniors.

It's getting near that point where we need to start showing them some Respect.
            "Without Markis, I seriously doubt if we would be sitting at this point with more than 6 wins, give or take one."

And we could also be sitting in the exact same spot, maybe even a win or two better if somebody else stepped up in his absence. It's impossible to know but people are selling the rest of our roster a little short. Maybe without Markis it becomes 3-headed beast, postman show with JB, RT, and ES feeding them EVERY GD TIME DOWN THE FLOOR. If I'm coach of the Shockers, there will never be another one-and-done, no-pass, isolated, 3-ball bomb or sneakers and schollies get pulled. The big boys touch it EVERY time down the floor unless they trip and fall.

Everybody who's not blind, deaf, and dumb should know that our greatest weapon on this team, for now and the foreseeable future, is three absolutely HUGE men who know what to do with the ball when they are within 3 feet of the basket. Every team in America has a great guard; very few have the front line that we have.

T

Comment

Nice video! Great dunk by Markis and at 6'-8" he definitely has enough up's in transition with nobody in the way. I suppose the point I'm referring too is that in the half-court within the offense he lacks getting "up" when down low on the block. Hence why I don't think he'd be successful playing down low in the NBA. He gets a lot of shots swatted from down there from guys his same height (or shorter) in college. Imagine what would happen in the NBA.

Nevertheless...he's a helluva player in my opinion and a very good Shocker!!!
              Last edited by AZ Shocker; February 20, 2019, 05:13 PM.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                People talk about his lack of vertical. Yet he had enough ups to do this ...
                Impressive dunk SETUP by an excellent pass after a hard-nosed pitpocket.

When was the last time we got a fastbreak dunk? Have we had one this year? Hell, have we even scored on a fastbreak at all?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Welp at this point, 82% of the board thinks MM needs to pass more, contrary to the vocal minority of a couple posters who think it is because of hate. Looks like 82% of the board is full of hate and low IQ.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Nothing wrong saying he or anyone else should pass more, but twisting that comment into hate and low IQ, certainly is..

Comment

More say great than good. And they all end with pass. Nice twist feverblister..

Comment

Originally posted by lmor1971 View Post
                        More say great than good. And they all end with pass. Nice twist feverblister..
                        They all end with pass? Are you illiterate or just stupid?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

They all end with pass? Are you illiterate or just stupid?
                          Think your mom is calling you to take the garbage out asshole! You are a piece of **** have never heard a positive comment from you. Dont even know why you are here.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                            WSUwatcher commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Sounds like you need to give yourself a break, lmor. Calm down, keep it classy, and put him on Ignore like some of us older and wiser posters have. Your life will be better for doing so.

• ShockerFever
                            ShockerFever commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Stop talking about people on your ignore list. It's counterproductive.

• Shocker1976
                            Shocker1976 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Good advice regards placing the always negative Fever on ignore. I enjoy Shockernet so much more now that I am not exposed to his constant negative drivel

Originally posted by lmor1971 View Post

Think your mom is calling you to take the garbage out asshole! You are a piece of **** have never heard a positive comment from you. Dont even know why you are here.
                          Are you mad because you ****ed up? GTFO.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                          X